JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
My autistic child accidently dialed 911 today (Sat). But here is the messed up part, the phone he used is no longer in service yet they were able to trace it to my home anyway...
I guess what they say is true, they know everything anyway so I might as well form 1 my SP5. If the time comes to kick down my door to take my guns it wont matter if I form 1 them or not...

They took the typical "at the ready stance" when addressing me. The one talking to me walked down to my yard after pounding on my door (before I opened the door, not after of course), shifted to the side to get me to expose myself more while talking to him (did not work, I knew what they were doing) the other two took a 9 and 3 o'clock stance on the sides of him in the fake "relaxed look mode" it was obvious they knew there were guns in my residence and wanted to be ready for a possible encounter. The two on either side of the addressing individual could take me out if I did anything. I am ex leo myself so I know the drill. The problem is that I would not do anything stupid and my child was right there, but the mere fact that they were expecting a problem outright and they allowed that to control their behavior is troubling. Back in my day we knew the drill but we were also taught how to spot when a problem might occur, not just assume that one was going to happen right from the get go....

I need to move the f_uck out of this city and state... the anti-gun sentiment, the liberal/leftist politics is making it unbearable to live here...

Did they state the reason they were at your residence? To check up on the 911 call...?

-Robert
Yes, I was concerned that they would demand to come in my house and I would never allow that... with all the stuff going on with gun owners nowadays the last thing I want is have them go on a fishing expedition. Everything I own is legal, I don't mess around with that kind of stuff but I simply do not trust any cops nowadays when their bosses tell them to find any excuse to steal peoples guns/property from them...

Don't give up on the state.
You'd be surprised how "un Seattle, un Olympia " we are out here in the sticks.
I guarantee my local chief of police knows I buy a handgun every 2 or 3 weeks. That's seen as a plus for the community around here.

We don't know why we're here, but we're totally gonna shoot this guy.

I've had officers at my door one time and while I don't remember the way they positioned themselves, I do know there was more than one and they were looking for a domestic abuser at the other end of the complex. Definitely not a feel good moment when the law comes to say hi unexpectedly which is unfortunate. I was probably pretty hungover, too. Poor me.

I was ready for something to happen, sadly I really thought something would. Thank god nothing did. but it sucks that you have to feel that way in your own home. I am starting to wonder if this is how some Germans felt before the Nazi's took over their political party (yes most Germans abided by the cultural relativism and joined in but many did not) Is this were we are headed? everything that I am seeing seems to be leading to this horrible outcome here...

Yes, I was concerned that they would demand to come in my house and I would never allow that... with all the stuff going on with gun owners nowadays the last thing I want is have them go on a fishing expedition. Everything I own is legal, I don't mess around with that kind of stuff but I simply do not trust any cops nowadays when their bosses tell them to find any excuse to steal peoples guns/property from them...
Yep, I've recently had police pounding at my door, treating me like I'd done something wrong. They kept trying to sleaze their way in to look at my security camera footage, and I kept saying "Not without a warrant." They seemed upset, "Oh it's like that?" Eventually I raised my voice and told them they were interrupting me and wasting my time. They weren't too happy realizing that I wasn't going to just give in.

Besides that, my other interactions with police have been 50/50 (good/bad), so it's not like I dislike them (a good friend is a Washington county sheriff), but I know better than to trust them. "Anything you say can and WILL be used against you."

-Robert

A cell phone, even without a service, can still dial 911. It's a safety feature, it's the only # it can dial with no service.

Sorry this happened to you. Most of us have dealt with cops like this at one point or another.

I got raided for "growing weed", in Centralia back in '04. I'd turned down my schizophrenic neighbors invitation to spend Christmas with him, as I'm gonna spend it with MY family. That made me his enemy. So he called up the coppers and got me raided.

Nothing happened to that nutcase, his LEO brother in law shielded him.

Every call is a potential AMBUSH especially in todays environment. I personally know 9 LEO's killed in ambushes in the last 30 years. In the last year there were probably more LEO's killed in ambushes than in the last 10 years nationwide.

Don't assume that LEO's know that you have firearms. In today's environment for officer safety they must assume everyone is armed. I retired 15 years ago and in my career even a vehicle stop at 1030 Sunday morning leaving a church was viewed as any other possible threat. Today I'm sure is even worse.

Don't take it personally. Be ever so vigilant when out and about.

Family first,

The cops are in a crappy place too. It's just ugly all the way around, unfortunately.
Indeed. Universal policy, post domestic violence act of 1984, is to investigate every 911 call. All they know is that 911 was called - not the reason - and that a guy answers the door and says no problem. By the numbers, that is not necessarily a good sign. OP saw their attitude but I guarantee you they were also aware of his. That's how they stay alive.

I was ready for something to happen, sadly I really thought something would. Thank god nothing did. but it sucks that you have to feel that way in your own home. I am starting to wonder if this is how some Germans felt before the Nazi's took over their political party (yes most Germans abided by the cultural relativism and joined in but many did not) Is this were we are headed? everything that I am seeing seems to be leading to this horrible outcome here...
I happened to watch that history channel "ww2 in color" series last night, pretty sure it was on netflix. The series starts with a story from a gentleman that left one of the occupied countries and he states that he did so specifically because he felt things were clearly heading in a direction that was going to end badly. How many YEARS.....have we all felt..."something has gone very wrong here and it feels like we are headed down a dark path"? I will tell you I have personally been, to some degree, mourning the death of america as if it has already officially happened. I have been fighting off the idea of trying to convince everyone I love that we need to get the hell out of here while it is still no problem to do so because the writing is on the wall...for quite a few years. The fact that you have the sentiment that you do, and you arent alone by a long shot, that the moment you find yourself opposed by the police and you stand your ground to a point that upsets just one officer, death is officially on the table...tells the whole story. Now.....that isnt usually the outcome of course...but the fact that it is one of the first concerns you have when speaking to police is enough to tell us the social contract is broken. Massive change is necessary or it will only get worse given enough time. Of course the Police are in a bubblegum storm themselves at the moment and I feel genuinely bad for anyone that is an officer but, this isnt about any one officer or even department. This is a deep issue that goes way beyond the men in uniform all the way to the top of our state/federal governments. No one with a functioning brain trusts them at nearly any level above the damn sewage treatment boys! Im not smart enough to come up with a solution that doesn't take generations to have an effect but by then it wont matter. All we can do is live our lives with integrity and hope to encounter only those that choose to do the same.

Indeed. Universal policy, post domestic violence act of 1984, is to investigate every 911 call. All they know is that 911 was called - not the reason - and that a guy answers the door and says no problem. By the numbers, that is not necessarily a good sign. OP saw their attitude but I guarantee you they were also aware of his. That's how they stay alive.
I agree to some extent to what you're saying but it also sounds like you're making excuses for them…

No offense intended..

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews