JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
My son went to the door and opened it, at that point I just had to grudgingly deal with them and then shut the door behind me.
Not trying to tell you how to parent, but get a lock on that door and put it in a place that a kid can not reach.

After an encounter like this a doorbell camera might be a good idea too.

It's a bummer that your son dialed 911, but it's a bigger bummer to hear that a purported ex-LEO is surprised by what happened next, or thinks that there should have been no response, or is so openly hostile and resentful against law enforcement.
I am surprised 911 knows the age of the caller. :):D

Does it matter whether the dispatcher knows the age of the caller?
Does the age of the caller matter?

If you call 911 and hang up, or say something unintelligible, or say something unusual, the dispatcher will send the police to the location of the call if that location can be determined.
Soo simple. Anyone can do it.
It's actually designed so that anyone can do it.

It's amazingly far-fetched to see a purported ex-LEO complaining that the cops came to his door because someone in his house called 911.

Anyway, the age of the caller is irrelevant.
In my earlier post, I implied a child with some of my comments, but none of points I made rely on the age of the caller.

Thinking men can see this.

Tools toss fallacies, like your red herring.

If you don't know what fallacy or a red herring is, use wikipedia.

And if you were only funnin, it's cool. I'm only funnin too. :) :D

Not trying to tell you how to parent, but get a lock on that door and put it in a place that a kid can not reach.

After an encounter like this a doorbell camera might be a good idea too.
No you are exactly right.... I purchased a lock that requires a key for either side for both external doors.. and finally bought a camera that will work with my home alarm system (no direct internet access only my home network)

Does it matter whether the dispatcher knows the age of the caller?
Does the age of the caller matter?

If you call 911 and hang up, or say something unintelligible, or say something unusual, the dispatcher will send the police to the location of the call if that location can be determined.
Soo simple. Anyone can do it.
It's actually designed so that anyone can do it.

It's amazingly far-fetched to see a purported ex-LEO complaining that the cops came to his door because someone in his house called 911.

Anyway, the age of the caller is irrelevant.
In my earlier post, I implied a child with some of my comments, but none of points I made rely on the age of the caller.

Thinking men can see this.

Tools toss fallacies, like your red herring.

If you don't know what fallacy or a red herring is, use wikipedia.

And if you were only funnin, it's cool. I'm only funnin too. :) :D
It's not far fetched if the OP (me) does not like cops, and that is indeed because he used to be one and knows how nasty they can be and how nasty they are told to be to the very people that they are supposed to protect..

This is true.

Heck even when I had a houseful of LEOs a few years ago after my home break in they were professional but pretty laid back.

I had to ask a couple of them (if they didn't mind) to not pick up some of the Winchesters standing around, and I would be glad to first pick them up and check them and hand them to them. One younger LEO seemed more interested in them than the job at hand!

Bottom line was the guns were hardly an issue to them.
I'd buy a lottery ticket if I had a break-in and my Winchesters just standing around were not taken! Have crooks become so lazy that they just expect to find piles of meth on the kitchen table?

I believe him when he purports he is an Ex-Leo. I interpreted his post as a comment on the degree of alert the responding officers displayed. I guess I interpreted the post differently. Wikipedia? I still use a Webster's Seventh New Collegiate Dictionary to look up big words. :) :D

I'd buy a lottery ticket if I had a break-in and my Winchesters just standing around were not taken! Have crooks become so lazy that they just expect to find piles of meth on the kitchen table?
My encounter was very brief and I scared the guy off pretty fast.

He was not in to take anything and was captured on a neighbors property shortly thereafter.

Crazy so absolutely nothing happened and the cops did nothing wrong? So basically this is just a rant about what could've happened? Generally people don't have problems with police unless they're doing something wrong and generally people aren't scared of the police or worried about what the police are going to do unless they're committing a crime or hiding something? I'm trying to gather the point of your story other than to let everybody know how super ready you are?

Probably had nothing to do with your guns.
It 100% didn't... every police officer goes to every door under the assumption that the person is armed it's called basic common sense and situational awareness you would think coming from an ex police officer so he says that he would understand these things and not need to make an attention seeking rant for absolutely no reason.

Crazy so absolutely nothing happened and the cops did nothing wrong? So basically this is just a rant about what could've happened? Generally people don't have problems with police unless they're doing something wrong and generally people aren't scared of the police or worried about what the police are going to do unless they're committing a crime or hiding something? I'm trying to gather the point of your story other than to let everybody know how super ready you are?
Super ready?

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews