JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No. If I have to use it I won't be leaving the scene. Nor would I be trying to run from LE.
I would, if I'm attacked, I'm getting of the 'X' and if that means leaving the scene so be it. Cops don't tend to throw your face on the asphalt when you walk in with your lawyer. I'm not waiting around for the 'friends and family' plan

I would, if I'm attacked, I'm getting of the 'X' and if that means leaving the scene so be it. Cops don't tend to throw your face on the asphalt when you walk in with your lawyer. I'm not waiting around for the 'friends and family' plan
Obviously situation dictates. That should go without saying.

I have no intention of doing anything shady or leaving a scene, but...
Intent is a funny thing. Don't get caught. Cause wiping down casings/guns/etc. will absolutely be used against you in a court as proof of intent. The "intent" you never had.

I keep on hearing people inside this forum and people I talk with through work who have a concept that committing crimes and getting away with it is just like the movies. Sure you might be able to walk away and never spend an night in prison. Especially with the lack of LEO and the back log of evidence/unanswered calls for service. I'm not taking that bet. I'm also not clearing my holster unless it is my absolute last option. If I ever am forced to use a firearm to neutralize a threat in regards to self defense or the defense of others and I'm found guilty I'll gladly do my time knowing I did the best I could. I have no reason to "hide" or "cover my tracks."

Intent is a funny thing. Don't get caught. Cause wiping down casings/guns/etc. will absolutely be used against you in a court as proof of intent. The "intent" you never had.

I keep on hearing people inside this forum and people I talk with through work who have a concept that committing crimes and getting away with it is just like the movies. Sure you might be able to walk away and never spend an night in prison. Especially with the lack of LEO and the back log of evidence/unanswered calls for service. I'm not taking that bet. I'm also not clearing my holster unless it is my absolute last option. If I ever am forced to use a firearm to neutralize a threat in regards to self defense or the defense of others and I'm found guilty I'll gladly do my time knowing I did the best I could. I have no reason to "hide" or "cover my tracks."
Are you looping me in with people who who have the intention of commiting crimes and getting away with it? Are you saying that if you clean your ammo and mags you're automatically guilty of a crime? You can certainly exercise your free will but If you think you'll gladly do you time then you have no idea at all what it's like to be down for any amount of time. Do you think that your MC training is going to protect you from your celly, the shot caller, enforcers, the guys waiting for you to to get your commisary so the can rip you off, who are you going to declare with, not to mention officers that just don't like you. Like you said it ain't the movies, I respect your opinion but it's just that, a opinion, not fact.

Outside of a crime, what "other" reason would anyone wipe down EDC rounds and mags and load them with gloves on?

seriously, "just curious"? (honest question)

After a thorough cleaning and wipe down I have the neighbors kid load all of my SW 4013 mags. ;)
You wipe down the neighbor kids???
The Kid Mero Showtime GIF by Desus & Mero

Are you looping me in with people who who have the intention of commiting crimes and getting away with it? Are you saying that if you clean your ammo and mags you're automatically guilty of a crime? You can certainly exercise your free will but If you think you'll gladly do you time then you have no idea at all what it's like to be down for any amount of time. Do you think that your MC training is going to protect you from your celly, the shot caller, enforcers, the guys waiting for you to to get your commisary so the can rip you off, who are you going to declare with, not to mention officers that just don't like you. Like you said it ain't the movies, I respect your opinion but it's just that, a opinion, not fact.
We just took a hard left turn. I have no idea what you're talking about. I don't plan on "doing time." Thanks for the tips though.

Im not the one in here talking about cleaning finger prints off casings "just in case."

Perhaps they they're OCD and like to clean things, honest answer.
Then why only specifically the mags and the rounds? Why not ask about the wiping down the whole gun if your OCD about cleaning things?

Not trolling you, just that your original question is like the oldest criminal trick in the book virtually everyone knows about and the fact there is no practical reason to wipe down mags and rounds for a gun to function unless maybe you dropped it in the mud or something. Asking that question people are going to assume it has criminal intent.
I think if you truly do like your ammo and mags that clean go for it, its not hurting anything if you have no criminal intent. I think thats the best answer your probably looking for.

Come everyone, it's common knowledge that the scene has several gallons of gas and a lit match before hitting the road. The flames will destroy any trace fingerprints left behind 😁. Ok, who am I kidding here. If someone uses several gallons of gas it's either stolen or they are rich.

Upcoming Events

Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top