JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When I clean my guns I tend to wear gloved to keep any solvent and what not off my skin. When all done I will often wear cotton gloves to give all parts a LIGHT oiling and keep moisture from me getting on parts that are not going to be cleaned for a good while from contamination. This will often include loading mags I emptied to clean. When at the range though I don't bother and often the gun stays loaded for a good while from the range till I get around to doing another cleaning. Never noticed any of the ammo seeming to have a problem from this. I would guess my hands at the range probably have some oil on them from all the shooting so that may play a part in it??

When I clean my guns I tend to wear gloved to keep any solvent and what not off my skin. When all done I will often wear cotton gloves to give all parts a LIGHT oiling and keep moisture from me getting on parts that are not going to be cleaned for a good while from contamination. This will often include loading mags I emptied to clean. When at the range though I don't bother and often the gun stays loaded for a good while from the range till I get around to doing another cleaning. Never noticed any of the ammo seeming to have a problem from this. I would guess my hands at the range probably have some oil on them from all the shooting so that may play a part in it??
He's talking about keeping your prints off your kit so as to not leave identifiers on them…. just in case you gotta walk in and start blastin' then peel out anonymously…. ;)

No. If I have to use it I won't be leaving the scene. Nor would I be trying to run from LE.

True...
And since my dad always claimed that I was the related to the missing link....
My prehensile toe prints were removed as well.... :D
Andy
And every time I moved away from the pacific northwest I had the webbing surgically removed from between my toes. Return to the PNW and soon I'd have webbed toes again. Go figure... o_O

What's the point?

LOL....the Govt has those "fired cases" with tool marks (you know....that package included with your brand new firearms). Oooops, maybe only with some states.

And anyway, CA intends to micro stamp.

Whatever.
1st rule is.......
1666111507625.png

Aloha, Mark

Who does that? Have you seen the price of once fired brass lately?
That's why I use a suppressed revolver and FMJs, it automatically saves the expensive brass, but I take it a step further and get my FMJ back for reloading. Lead and copper is expensive yo.

Last Edited:
I mean, if you're going do something shady enough to need to wipe prints, you should probably just use a pocket revolver. You know, gun goes boom, brass stays in the gun...

Or be like Andy and carry a black powder pepperbox

What's the point?

LOL....the Govt has those "fired cases" with tool marks (you know....that package included with your brand new firearms). Oooops, maybe only with some states.

And anyway, CA intends to micro stamp.

Whatever.
1st rule is.......
View attachment 1294784

Aloha, Mark
Dirty secret: all of which is easily rectified with the strategic use of a jeweler's file-set and a magnifying lense at each end of the firearm…. but hey, it makes some "feel" safer.

:rolleyes: ;)

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR