JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Doesn't sound too encouraging but Americans need to really consider how important some destinations are. It may not even be your final destination. Transfer locals can be hot spots too.

Doesn't sound too encouraging but Americans need to really consider how important some destinations are. It may not even be your final destination. Transfer locals can be hot spots too.
The way that I 'read' the warning wasn't so much about traveling to other destinations, but telling ALL Americans out in the world to be very cautious. Ex-Pats, business people, travelers (for sure). Every American could be a target just for the virtue of them being American.

1697749238183.png

1697749256713.png

1697749203248.png

Aloha, Mark

I see a lot of people fleeing their homes ?on the new's.Are they suppose not to have any weapons over their in Gaza?I never seen any from the fleeling".Man" after seeing that" you want me to give up my toys? Well just my opinion? Willy

Several times I've read in the news lately that there is a post-Covid travel boom. One phrase I remember reading was, "revenge travel." As ridiculous as that phrase sounds. I'm sure Covid virus are very butt hurt that people are travelling again. I buy that there is pent-up demand for travel. I'm very disinclined to take air transportation these days. Is it just me or are the airlines as flaky as ever, with lots of delayed and cancelled flights. Hanging around an airport for a day and a half waiting for a flight, standing in lines, haggling with desk agents, doesn't sound very enjoyable.

Road travel as an alternative, maybe. But be ready for rapacious room rates and cost of meals out. Taking an RV? There is all kinds of competition for services related to that, plus high fuel costs. I just looked at the website for the KOA in Burlington, WA not far away. For a fifth wheel trailer, $77 per night, and I consider late October fairly off-season. So you buy your RV, you don't always eliminate the cost of a rented room.

One of our neighbors likes to take out the fifth wheel rig once in a while. They told me that many RV overnight places won't allow rigs over ten years old.

They told me that many RV overnight places won't allow rigs over ten years old.
This is True for a lot of the month to month RV parks, but probably not for short term, weekend/camping intended places where its typically pay up front for the # of nights wanted.

I have known of some full time RVers having been evicted from long term RV parks for age of RVs, condition etc.

This is True for a lot of the month to month RV parks, but probably not for short term, weekend/camping intended places where its typically pay up front for the # of nights wanted.
These people are typically short term stayers. But being perfectly honest, I don't know what parks they've stayed in.

Let me guess. Insurance and they don't want to risk having certain groups of people squatting in their parks?
I can't say for sure. I'm thinking there may be a couple of dynamics going.

1. Looks bad in their park, in the owner's opinion.

2. Some places, it might be difficult to dislodge a deadbeat who stops paying, who would be more apt to be identified as a risk by having an older rig. Like the recent relaxation of laws regarding eviction.

Several times I've read in the news lately that there is a post-Covid travel boom. One phrase I remember reading was, "revenge travel." As ridiculous as that phrase sounds. I'm sure Covid virus are very butt hurt that people are travelling again. I buy that there is pent-up demand for travel. I'm very disinclined to take air transportation these days. Is it just me or are the airlines as flaky as ever, with lots of delayed and cancelled flights. Hanging around an airport for a day and a half waiting for a flight, standing in lines, haggling with desk agents, doesn't sound very enjoyable.

Road travel as an alternative, maybe. But be ready for rapacious room rates and cost of meals out. Taking an RV? There is all kinds of competition for services related to that, plus high fuel costs. I just looked at the website for the KOA in Burlington, WA not far away. For a fifth wheel trailer, $77 per night, and I consider late October fairly off-season. So you buy your RV, you don't always eliminate the cost of a rented room.

One of our neighbors likes to take out the fifth wheel rig once in a while. They told me that many RV overnight places won't allow rigs over ten years old.
Go stay in the hospital parking lot.Cop comes up?i thought i was having a hart attack? no tents.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews