JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
FYI, Tri County Gun Club allows complete dark shooting at their 50/100 yard range if you are alone there shooting late or all parties agree.

This is per their newsletter about four months back.

My guess is it is also allowed in the 22lr indoor range, but not sure about that; ask an RO.

Suggestions if you are serious

<broken link removed>

<broken link removed>

<broken link removed> Red VIS is better IMO. Less batt used, better in cold weather, less bloom if used with NV. Not as bright in daytime as green vis.

Call and talk to them they will suggest a helmet mount etc... If you buy NV, Spend the xtra $800 for the Laser as well.

Suggestions if you are serious

<broken link removed>

<broken link removed>

<broken link removed> Red VIS is better IMO. Less batt used, better in cold weather, less bloom if used with NV. Not as bright in daytime as green vis.

Call and talk to them they will suggest a helmet mount etc... If you buy NV, Spend the xtra $800 for the Laser as well.

That is all real, real cool stuff! Milspec, battle duty, depend your life on it hardware. I'd love to have it!

However, the price is what has kept me from getting NV... I can't really justify a dedicated $5000 setup to whack the occasional coyote, raccoon, predator or garden infiltrator.

It's pretty infrequent that I have to infiltrate a hardened facility in the dark as a force of one, or defend my castle from ninjas lurking in darkness. I have wished that I could see that coyote without spooking him, though.

What's cool about the NS200 is that you can put it on the existing predator rifle and premium optics that you already have in the safe, or switch it to your .22, or put it on your scoped, silent air gun for back yard duty...all without changing the zero of any of the optics.

several years ago a friend checked out a few sets of PVS7Bs from his unit on occasion - we took them out to a causeway under an overpass and railroad trestle where people frequently abandoned cars/trash/etc. and we would go rat hunting - that is until he walked head long into the one low beam on the rail trestle nearly knocking himself out - he was seeing stars for a bit and probably got a concussion. Guess he forgot about the tunnel vision you get with night vision - and after that he never wanted to check them out again. He nearly had a heart attack as he thought he had damaged the NV when he was seeing stars. The out of pocket cost if he had broken them was several $k at the time and the allure of free play time when not on duty didn't justify the possible expense. Another guy I knew had been sent "down south" on TDY several times back in the 90s - amazing how every time they sent him he was issued a thermal and somehow every time some part broke. He had assembled a thermal from several "field damaged" units and had it mounted on his FAL set up in his living room when he was home. He lived in a ghetto rat part of town and frequently would track drug dealers / gang bangers for entertainment.
I wonder how those 7Bs compare to the unit Mark has to testing.

No night vision here, but if something wakes me up in the middle of the night and the motion sensor light on my shop is on it gets a few aimed shots from a mini 14 into the area around it. And yes I live out in the country.

So do I, but I have neighbors nonetheless and I don't shoot unless I know what I am shooting at and why (it had better be because of a threat to my life because if I shoot a person that is what the law will mandate; only use deadly force if you are threatened with deadly force). I don't shoot blindly just because there is something out there in the dark.

I have raccoons, deer, possum, cats and dogs all visit my property after dark.

I have the neighbor dog come over and beg for doggy biscuits in the dark all the time; last night I got home from celebrating Xmas with my kids and she was right there when I opened the car door.

Shooting at noises or motion is irresponsible IMO unless you are being shot at yourself.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top