JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have not shot with night vision but I have shot at a low light,no light, defensive handgun class and if anyone that carries hasn't taken a class like that they should. trying to defend yourself with a handgun and a flashlight it is a whole different world. sounds like a great time. have fun

No night vision here, but if something wakes me up in the middle of the night and the motion sensor light on my shop is on it gets a few aimed shots from a mini 14 into the area around it. And yes I live out in the country.

Last Edited:
Mark W.. that's a different kind of night vision, and it sounds like a grand time!

Anyone that looked at the unboxing.. are there any questions or curiosities that you might have that we can address in the review?

Thanks!

I have done it in the Army with the PVS14. Using the night scope behind an Aimpoint is pretty easy but aligning and zeroing an infra red laser can be a tedious process. It is pretty cool seeing your laser beam dart out to infinity though.

Vid I took by just putting my digital camera behind the PVS14.

Still pic through the PVS14.
Nightvisionruins.jpg

th_50calnightfire2.jpg

While we were in night positions on the south bank of the Imjin River, watching for line crossers, in Korea we would try to ignore the cold by sniping at an electric light on a concrete pump house on the north shore. We were using Gen1 starlight scopes on M-14 rifles. Talking 500+ meters and we hit it a couple of times. Talking Act of God here! Couldn't shoot too many times cause the MPs would show up at our compound and gripe at the CO! LOL!!!

No night vision here, but if something wakes me up in the middle of the night and the motion sensor light on my shop is on it gets a few shots from a mini 14 into the brush around it. And yes I live out in the country.

Are you saying that you take a few blind shots into the bushes? As in the opposite of "Be aware of your target and what is beyond it"?

I just came in from shooting my 10/22, suppressed with a c3 clandestine, running CCI Subsonics, in total darkness with the NS-200.

I was whacking cans at 100 yards in total darkness and near silence! It was so cool!

I was given a Russian 60mm Cyclops-1 monocle night vision scope.
It really works well, other that it's hard to hold up that much weight unless you mount it on a tripod.
I was told that these type 1's can screw up internally and blind the user, so I don't use it very often.

Yup, I shot this setup at nite (won't say where though!): A 7.62 Saiga (converted) and a Russian NSPU-1PN34. Yes it was kinda stupid - but we were aware of that ahead of time, and took necessary precautions to ensure nobody wandered into our line of fire:

We shot with a full moon over our shoulders, so there was more than ample light to supply these primitive optics with photons. The general take-away is that at any range more than 75 yrds or so, it's really, really hard to make out anything but a man-sized target that is moving. Anything just looks blends into the background. That tiny bit of experience taught me the importance of staying still. I have alot of respect for the Soviets who used these in Afghanistan in the early 80's. The data card in the kit is dated 1984.

-Thirtycal

1pn34_Izhmash_so_small.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
KalamaMark finally let me shoot the NS200 yesterday. It works really, really well in the day light hours as well. I can certainly see the potential with the daylight settings. Where this unit really shines though is at night. We were in total darkness and you would have no problem taking out a coyote at 200 yards. The spotter NiteSiteUSA sent out was actually more impressive as a night vision unit. Variable zoom and focus plus a range of 400 yards = mind blown.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top