JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They're not afraid of the guns, they're afraid of the state. In Japan, guns represent underworld organized crime (yakuza) or legalized organized crime (the government), the latter being far more powerful.

I know a couple of foreign people who would LOVE to visit the US if they could shoot "a real weapon once" - they can only see a gun in movies. Unfortunately, most indoor ranges require at least a green card, so there is not much "gun tourism" this country can profit from.

Regarding foreign students being afraid of rampant bloodbath and gun violence in America: those folks clearly have problems with statistics, math and fact-checking. If they are so out of touch, maybe it is best for everybody if they stay abroad? )

Kerry neglects to mention that less Japanese students are traveling abroad do to the costs and declining birthrate in Japan. Kerry also fails to acknowledge that the Japanese government is among the most aggressive in advocating that all citizens from around the word be disarmed and that only governments should have access to guns.

Kerry: Foreign students ?scared? of guns in U.S. ? CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

If one were to take a poll, I think they would find, that most foreigners, (particularly non European) while in this country, have more fear of authorities in uniform, (police, government agencies, etc.) than they do of civilians with firearms.

Just my .02

Best,
Gary

My girlfriend is Japanese, and went to college here. She is far from 'scared' of our guns here in America. She likes to shoot. Heck, a couple of days ago she told me she wants to learn to shoot rifles too. (she's only shot handguns) Love that girl!

The last time I walked down Kalakaua Avenue there was a thriving cottage industry of indoor shooting ranges catering to the Japanese tourists.

I say we just leave him over there and send the rest of our anti 2a legislators ove to join him I am sure the Yakuza would love them!!!

kerry--human trash. One thing for sure, you don't want to turn your back on kerry if he is holding a weapon. He just might wnat to qualify himself for another Silver Star.

Kerry is pushing an agenda, he doesn't know the Japanese at all.

No guns at home, so Japanese shoot 'em up in Guam

By ERIC TALMADGE | Associated Press – Fri, Feb 15, 2013

• 9c4983ed8e808d05290f6a70670082de.jpg
    View PhotoAssociated Press/Eric Talmadge - In this photo taken on Saturday, Feb. 2, 2013, Japanese tourist Natsue Matsumoto, 38, warms up for a round of shooting at the Western Frontier Village range in Tamuning, Guam. …more

• <broken link removed> In this photo taken on Saturday, …
  • <broken link removed> In this photo taken on Friday, …

TAMUNING, Guam (AP) — Their well-equipped arsenals offer everything from tiny revolvers (for ladies) to Berettas, Glocks, semi-automatic pistols and M16 military assault rifles. If kids can see over the counter, they are welcome too.
Forget the white sandy beaches, coral reefs and laid-back island culture. For many tourists from Japan, the biggest thrill is the chance to shoot a gun at one of Guam's ubiquitous ranges, dozens of which are tucked between upscale shopping centers.
The U.S. territory of Guam — a tropical island often described as a cheaper version of Hawaii — has long been the perfect place to put guns in the hands of tourists, especially from Japan, where gun ownership is tightly restricted and handguns are banned.
Despite a shared sense of shock over the recent rampage by a gunman at America's Sandy Hook Elementary School, the gun tourism business here is as brisk as ever.
"It was such a feeling of power," Keigo Takizawa, a 30-year-old Japanese actor, said after blasting holes in a paper target with a shotgun, a .44 magnum and a Smith & Wesson revolver at the Western Frontier Village gun club, a cowboy-themed indoor shooting range and gift shop on Guam's main shopping street.
"But," he said, "I still don't think anyone should be allowed to have one of their own."
Many Japanese see America's gun culture as both frightening and fascinating. Back home, the only people with handguns are in the military, the police or the mob.
Because guns are so hard to find, gun-related crime is extremely rare. They were used in only seven murders in Japan — a nation of about 130 million people — in 2011, the most recent year for official statistics. In the U.S., with 315 million people, there are more than 11,000 gun-related killings annually.
The Japanese are proud of their low crime rate and generally support tough gun-control policies.
But this Pacific island halfway between Tokyo and Honolulu is America. Guam's gun ranges are to the Japanese what Amsterdam's cannabis cafes are to backpackers from the world over.
"I think it's human nature to be curious about something that is forbidden," said Tetsuo Yamamoto, a Japanese native who emigrated to the United States 30 years ago and runs the Western Frontier Village range. "Most of our customers are from Japan and have never had the opportunity to shoot a gun. It's very exotic for them, and it's very exhilarating."
So exhilarating that he sometimes asks his guests to stay around for a while to calm down after they've finished shooting.
Many other tourists — from South Korea, Taiwan and increasingly Russia — are less impressed. All South Korean men, for example, learn how to shoot during mandatory military service.
"To them, learning how to use a gun was a chore," said Patrick Chon, general-manager of the Hafa Adai indoor shooting range. "It brings back bad memories. They hardly ever come here."
Visitors to his range are greeted by movie posters for "The Terminator" and "Die Hard," with their iconic, gun-toting action heroes. The Hollywood shoot-'em-up image is a common motif at many ranges, playing into an image of America that many Asians share.
"When most Japanese people think of American culture, one of the first things they think of is guns," said Natsue Matsumoto, a 38-year-old Osaka woman who said she enjoyed shooting so much she was back at a range for the second time in three days. "American movies and video games are full of guns and that's appealing, in a frightening sort of way.
"But I think Japan has it right," she added. "If you don't have a gun, you can't kill someone with it. 86938f5a8e818d05290f6a7067008ced.jpg 42d0902b8e848d05290f6a706700f769.jpg

My Son worked for a local company with international sales. One was Japan and the other Australia. When there people came to town they made arrangements for my Son to take them shooting. At times he had to recruit helpers so he had enough knowledgeable people. They all loved it and expressed they wish their Contries allowed this kind of freedom.

Kerry has lied since his days in Vietnam. Why would anyone expect anything different from the POS now?

Butch

I am the treasurer at the OSU Pistol club, and I can say without a doubt that most of the people we get coming to the club are foreigners from Asian countries. They are not scared; they love it and are always taking a bunch of pictures and videos. John Kerry has no idea what he is talking about.

Kerry is simply adding to the current spin on gun control that is coming from the Obama administration. This is now pretty much owned by the Democratic party and they have all their friends in each and every state, including Oregon, selling the anti-gun snake oil message.

So tell me why there is a niche market of gun parlors in Hawaii and in Las Vegas that cater to foreign nationals who want the chance to shoot guns?

Hell, in Hawaii there are several places that advertise in Japaneses almost exclusively.

ARG! Stupid people say stupid things!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads