Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

John Kerry: Foreign students 'scared' of guns in U.S.

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by CascadeSam, Apr 15, 2013.

1. CascadeSam

CascadeSam Portland Oregon Active Member

Mr.B and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Botte Hork

Botte Hork Camas WA Well-Known Member

Then don't come here. As a fully legal immigrant it gets on my nerves that "outsiders" want to tell "us" how to live. I always enjoy the sleazy and slimy apologetic attitude that seems so common these days. Sure we'll accommodate to every little whim, just to make sure nobody else has. That's prevalent in western Europe and is becoming the norm here as well.

I fully expect the 2A to be a hollow shell, or even repealed through another amendment, in a generation or 2. The anti's hold all the cards (education, which in a way is a political 'executive branch' if you look at the teacher union associations) and in a way it's like religion: Most people take the easy path and eat whatever was spoonfed from birth.

BAMCIS, Redcap, nwwoodsman and 5 others like this.
  3. 3MTA3

3MTA3 DMZ between Liberty and Tyranny Behind Enemy Lines Bronze Supporter

Remember, Kerry also lied about what he did and saw in Vietnam for political purposes. Maybe we should get Hanoi Jane's concurance on this, too.

TapRackNGo and (deleted member) like this.
  4. Oklahomie

Oklahomie Marysville Active Member

Also Japanese culture is different from ours they don't seem to be as violent. Also so what if they don't want to study here because of our rights more room for us.

oknow and (deleted member) like this.
  5. One-Eyed Ross

One-Eyed Ross Winlock, WA Well-Known Member

Sure we want to be like Japan, where students kill themselves because they don't get in to the right school or the right factory job, and disappoint their families....Right.

6. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

Exactly what Japanese culture are you talking about? Have you not seen the video games that come from there? How about the animation? One of the worlds highest suicide rates? Many of them love their guns too, they just happen to be airsoft or blank firing.

7. Oklahomie

Oklahomie Marysville Active Member

True, they do love airsoft over there.

8. hermannr

hermannr Okanogan Highlands Well-Known Member

I have met a lot of foreign students, we have even hosted a few in our home. Everyone of them that I have met has been interested in my carry (I OC any time I am outside my home). They have not been afraid of my guns, they want to shoot, and they inevitably say they wish their home government allowed them to do the same...especially when they go hiking.

While hiking we never met a foreign student/tourist that was "afraid" of my openly carried sidearm...and when I was younger, my wife and I (and our kids) used to go hiking almost every weekend so we encountered many people. The foreign tourist were always very interested in my carry...never afraid. Most wished they could do the same.

What their parents/politicians may be afraid of, if anything, is these exchange students will bring American gun culture back home with them

Nwcid and (deleted member) like this.
  9. nehalemguy

nehalemguy Vernonia Well-Known Member

Typical CNN propaganda piece. You have read to the end of the article to find the truth.

"Figures have shown international study is down markedly among Japanese students to all destinations, including the United States. Experts have attributed the decline to Japan's low birthrate, the expense of foreign study in a poor economy, and a desire among Japanese young people to remain at home rather than venture to other countries."

E

10. fyrediver

fyrediver Seattle Active Member

It's different from us all right: they have vending machines where they sell used girls underwear for the perverts to sniff! snopes.com: The Love Machine

They promote incest in their video games! Is incest Japan?s latest literary craze? ? Japan Today: Japan News and Discussion

They have violent children: Seventeen & Deadly: Japan, Violence and School Children - Article

And they're concerned about our LEGAL ownership of firearms?

11. JGRuby

JGRuby Portland Oregon New Member

Back to the subject:
    When I got out of the service I went to work for a company called Scitex. Scitex was a melting pot, worked with Romanians, Russians, Checks, Greeks, Israelis and many other nationalities. I had a friend that was Israeli - his first name was Josey. I used to be into model trains when I worked at Scitex. Many years later after Scitex he happened to be working over to Nike on a laser ( calibrating it ) that cut pieces out of multi layer IC chips. Anyways when I left Scitex I figured that I would never see him again - he showed up one day on my doorstep and wanted to work on my HO train set - long story short - he saw my Helwan 9mm laying on my desk and we got into a covnersation on guns.

He stated that he never knew who was carrying a gun or a pistol over here and that he felt safer in Israel because over there you knew who had a gun. They were carried in the open. This was back in 1997 - 1998 time frame. I personally think it is a good idea that we dont know who has a firearm as it helps to keep everyone honest but even back then there was a difference in philosophy. Josey had served in the militray so I feel that he was somewhat knowledgable about firearms and he definitely did not dislike them. I wish him well.

James Ruby

12. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

Kerry is a scumbag.

13. Mandodoc

Mandodoc Battle Ground, WA Member

Don't like us, don't come here......

14. JGRuby

JGRuby Portland Oregon New Member

I said some not all. There are many on here I respect a great deal. Others not so much.

James Ruby

15. Spray-n-pray

Spray-n-pray Battle Ground Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

They are afraid of guns?

Tough titty.

16. Botte Hork

Botte Hork Camas WA Well-Known Member

Two words that are most appropriate in this context: "Silent majority". Most foreign kids in the student age brackets are in the battlefield/call of duty (those are popular "gun fighting" video games, for those who don't know ;)) generation and will have a lot of interest at least to see the real deal. I've spoken to some old friends back home and explained the finer points of what is and is not commonly available to the average Joe. After that, most see that most gun owners keep themselves to high standards and many don't get what all the fuss is about over here.

17. Blue Devil PA

Blue Devil PA Boise Active Member

I really, truly can't give less of a rat's *** what foreign students think about gun ownership in the US. If they don't want to come here, good riddance and move on. The fact that Kerry actually wasted more than a second on this is a horrible misallocation of resources reflects more interest in serving Obama than doing some real good in his position. All this when North Korea might pop a nuke, Syria is murdering it's own citizens, and any number of other countries are working toward their own agendas counter to ours, ridiculous! More distraction from the economy and employment.

18. PDXoriginal

PDXoriginal PNW Well-Known Member

So we have to drastically change our country for temporary visitors?

Ideology like this is killing our country. Unfortunately we have reached the point that we are no longer a democracy and votes really don't matter.

mosinguy1, Redcap, PinoyBoy and 3 others like this.
  19. Spray-n-pray

Spray-n-pray Battle Ground Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

We are not, nor ever have been a democracy.

mosinguy1 and (deleted member) like this.
  20. mosinguy1

mosinguy1 out by the ocean Active Member

I say we just leave him over there and send the rest of our anti 2a legislators ove to join him I am sure the Yakuza would love them!!!