JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Lesson #1 Don't believe anything gun related that happens in movies without verifying it against many other legitimate sources of information.

Examples: silencer scene in subway terminal where gunfire is being exchanged and no one is noticing because it is whisper quiet

Big hotel fight scene where John chooses the PCC knowing he is going up against up armored tangos for the "extra penetration." Instead of using rifle calibers.
hahahaha no kidding, just think of the carnage if he used a NEMO OMEN IN 300 Win Mag

Reeves was never my favorite actor but he has managed to find mostly original types of characters. From Bill & Ted to the Matrix to John Wick. There's a lot in between. Speed and Point Blank(?).

Actually the one movie where he played a bad guy was pretty good. Street Kings or LA Kings. Something like that. Out of control cop.

At the very least, you don't see him making millions off guns then go on TV and bad mouth them. Cough, Matt Damen and 99% of Hollyweird.

A few thoughts…

First and foremost, the John Wick movie series is FANTASY! Let me repeat. FANTASY!

That said, I enjoyed them for a number of reasons, particularly for the darkish humor and ambiance. The third focuses more heavily on the violence and I think it was overplayed, but then a critic I'm not…

As far as lessons and themes -

One, training gives you a distinct advantage; to successfully take on 30 bad guys, of course not, but the advantage is real, and we need all the leverage we can get.

Two, stoic acceptance of reality; Wick doesn't whine, complain or dwell on being the victim - take events as they are, make your own outcomes.

Three, situational awareness is paramount - even in the lowest layers of hell.

Four, relationships matter and authenticity is the foundation of respect. Even in the most contentious and competitive environments, character and courage is what matters to the people that count.

Food for thought.

One addition…. If you're going to play in the abyss, give the devil his due. The best people, even with great skills and strategy, cannot swim against the current of culture. Learn to work within it.

Last Edited:
Screenshot_20230620_123533.jpg

The way he offs 47 guys in one minute with a pistol tells me he must've got his training from slappycakes segal.
Actually was trained by Taran Butler 5.11 tactical. Reeves is actually pretty good with firearms. And a black belt in judo and studies many more currently been studying brazilian ju jit su.

Actually was trained by Taran Butler 5.11 tactical. Reeves is actually pretty good with firearms. And a black belt in judo and studies many more currently been studying brazilian ju jit su.
Taran is no more than a soup sandwich, bag of a$$, turd.

Reeves was never my favorite actor but he has managed to find mostly original types of characters. From Bill & Ted to the Matrix to John Wick. There's a lot in between. Speed and Point Blank(?).

Actually the one movie where he played a bad guy was pretty good. Street Kings or LA Kings. Something like that. Out of control cop.

At the very least, you don't see him making millions off guns then go on TV and bad mouth them. Cough, Matt Damen and 99% of Hollyweird.
Street kings. Good movie. His gun handling have improved since that film as well.

Taran is no more than a soup sandwich, bag of a$$, turd.

In addition to training with Taran Butler, Reeves has trained with Shawn Ryan (former SEAL) and he is damn good with firearms.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top