JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What I learned from watching John Wick was,
All the choreographing, all the bad guys shot, all the blank ammunition used......
Not one person was killed making the movies.
HEAR ME ALEC BALDWIN!

I think two good takeaways from the John Wick movies are that: (1) you should be proficient in a wide variety of weaponry, and (2) you should also view weaponry as tools. He basically picks up whatever gun, knife, or pencil he can find, and then after he uses it to its maximum potential, he abandons it and goes on to the next weapon.

There are some pretty good behind the scenes videos on YouTube showing how Keanu Reeves actually trained for the role, and yes he's acting and there is CGI, but he actually can handle a pistol, a shotgun, and a rifle quite well for not being a gun guy obsessed with a particular model or brand.

Additional lesson…

Physical training is paramount! Work out frequently, with purpose, vigorously and with style…

This. 100 times this.

I'm not saying you need to be able to meet the SEAL PST, but if you can't run around your block with minimal gear without puking on your shoes you need to get a meal plan and an exercise regimen together.

Join us over on the "What did you do to exercise today" thread which has lain dormant for awhile.

John Wick is outstanding when it comes to opening a can of whoop___ on the bad guys...
However, he still seems too consumed with the death of his wife and he is not getting any attention from the opposite sex...
For this reason, I am going to have to go old school and vote for James Bond.
He has been killing bad guys and slaying the ladies since 1962...

What John Wick taught me . . .

1687921223820.png

Aloha, Mark

A good friend recommended the John Wick series for its entertainment value. Thus, since he was a good friend, I complied. I picked up chapters 1 thru 3, and then recently ordered chapter 4. Now, I'm sure a lot of you out there in firearms land have also viewed these flicks . . . but did you learn anything from them, or were they 'just entertainment'?
What I learned from John Wick . . . I NEED A LOT MORE MAGAZINES !!!!!!!!
Yes. I learned that John Wick.... is my spirit animal.

John Wick is outstanding when it comes to opening a can of whoop___ on the bad guys...
However, he still seems too consumed with the death of his wife and he is not getting any attention from the opposite sex...
For this reason, I am going to have to go old school and vote for James Bond.
He has been killing bad guys and slaying the ladies since 1962...
I like the characters the Eastwood portrayed in the spaghetti westerns. Stoic bad bubblegum that just starts shooting. No words minced.

And he was a ladies man too, though in High plains drifter he is more of a sexual predator, :s0003::s0112:

This. 100 times this.

I'm not saying you need to be able to meet the SEAL PST, but if you can't run around your block with minimal gear without puking on your shoes you need to get a meal plan and an exercise regimen together.

Join us over on the "What did you do to exercise today" thread which has lain dormant for awhile.
As the owner of 3 busted up and broken vertebrae, if I'm running somewhere, you'd best start running too.

*can out swim most though!

I like the characters the Eastwood portrayed in the spaghetti westerns. Stoic bad bubblegum that just starts shooting. No words minced.

And he was a ladies man too, though in High plains drifter he is more of a sexual predator, :s0003::s0112:
Sexual predator? The b**** had it comin! Admittedly tho, a poor example for the younger generation...:s0078:

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads