JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
With the pack, your comfort is going to be a lot easier to manage. Are you looking for a gun specifically for that, or are you wanting one that can go in the pack, but you're going to carry it on the belt/whatever as well? If that's the case, you shouldn't be looking at it as a pack gun specific thing, because anything you can stash on your person is going to do just fine in a pack.

If you're just looking for a pack gun, then your options are pretty much open. I'd look for something in roughly a Glock 19 size, they call it compact, but it's more realistically a semi-compact. As for price, just about every company out there is making guns of all sizes these days. If your budget is limited, maybe look at something like a Taurus G2 or G3. Even at the lower budget. For price, and reliability, manufacturing has gotten so good that it's legitimately challenging to find a bad handgun.

About man stopping, I think most things are going to do just fine for you. I carry a 9mm a lot, but I'm comfortable with a .380 as well. If I were law enforcement, and potentially having to shoot through a windshield was a realistic concern, I might be inclined to go with something that lobs a heavier bullet. While it's not impossible that it could come up, it's not something I feel is likely.

Safety kind of falls in with my reliability talk earlier, modern guns are very safe, but do find a way to keep the trigger guard covered in any case.

No, pack only (for concealment situations carried on person) and for travelling as camping, hotel room, etc. Maybe sometimes even in a hip holster in situations I feel comfortable for open carry as a sidearm for deer hunting. While hunting you are already carrying a gun the world can see anyway, your rifle. Also as a home-defense weapon to go in my nightstand. The names Taurus and Sig Sauer? PUKE! :eek:

I feel comfortable with the price of the Shield EZ. I just can't pay $1,000+ :mad: for a measly pistol, that jazz. Those Colts can be a real rip-off. It seems as Smith offers the biggest punch for the penny in something easy to carry in a pack and in a name brand to boot. Having seen 9mm fired in a Shield EZ frame in videos, it looks rather tame. The full-size man grip is what looks quite appealing me with big hands. :cool: Since it's going in a fanny pack anyway, I'm not worried about printing under clothing.

Full-frame 45's and revolvers feel like a boat anchor so I don't want something that weighs like a lead brick even in a waist pack thumping around as I walk. I don't feel comfortable with a mouse gun either, stopping power questionable. A carry pistol these days has many demands placed upon it. :confused: It's about finding that elusive happy medium.o_O

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads