JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, it's not as if the umbrella was like
BIDEN FOR PRESIDENT!!
or something like that.
If such trivialities could sour one on a brand H-D would be out in the cold. (Maybe they are anyway.)

If I was going to carry in a FANNY Pack. I would want a chunky double stack with 10+1 because girth is not as big of a deal as length.

Probably a VP9sk or p2000sk.

You can get small 9mm handguns almost as small as the micro .380s. The 9x19 is more common, more ammo selection, more powerful and a better selection of guns. You can also get light recoiling 9x19 if that is an issue. So I don't really see much benefit in getting a .380 as it is just a shorter 9mm.

Since you seem to be open to striker fired guns, consider the SIG P365

If you can handle the recoil then yes.
Get a .380 LCP size 9mm.

If you read the comments there are claimed problems with expansion. And claims there is no reduced recoil in shorter barreled guns.

In order to make a semi auto run. There must be enough energy to cycle with its given slide weight and recoil spring.
You can only tame a 9mm so much. And bullet construction is geared toward a certain volocity. So keep it there.

As to recoil? Even the .380 makes the smaller guns too much for many.
So why not get the caliber and size gun you can handle without the potential of compromising reliability?

.380 is fine for 99% of the time. unless you deal with strung out people hopped up on adrenaline and drugs in a all out frenzy to kill you no matter what.

I think you may be confusing a persons willingness to continue to fight?
And their ability to continue?

.380, 9mm, .45 ACP, it doesn't matter.
You need to put the round in the right place.

Do that and a .25 auto will do the trick.

I think you may be confusing a persons willingness to continue to fight?
And their ability to continue?

.380, 9mm, .45 ACP, it doesn't matter.
You need to put the round in the right place.

Do that and a .25 auto will do the trick.

It takes more than putting a projectile where you aim - the projectile has to reach vital organs and/or the CNS. To that, it needs penetration. Some rounds don't have the power to penetrate far enough.

Switching over to carrying in a pack would definitely your options up, my Glock 19 would fit in mine with no difficulty. I've got a different pack that I might be able to put a Hipoint .45 in, if I were so inclined.

I carry so much crap that I've been carrying a pack on my hip, soon as it's too hot for a jacket I lose my personal saddle bags. I couldn't see using it for my handgun, though. I don't think I could train enough to feel like I could get it out quickly or reliably enough.

You seem to be concerned with how your man purse gun looks. Rather than how it fits in your hand and hits what you point it at. So I offer you this, if you shoot an ugly gun all you see is the sights.

Carhartt cargo pants have pockets voluminous enough to ensconce some pretty useful sidearms, e.g. Tokarev TTC..
Not that anybody would actually carry a Tokarev loaded with JHPs, but if a Tok will ride unobtrusively so will any number of similarly sized pistols.

If you read the comments there are claimed problems with expansion. And claims there is no reduced recoil in shorter barreled guns.

In order to make a semi auto run. There must be enough energy to cycle with its given slide weight and recoil spring.
You can only tame a 9mm so much. And bullet construction is geared toward a certain velocity. So keep it there.

As to recoil? Even the .380 makes the smaller guns too much for many.
So why not get the caliber and size gun you can handle without the potential of compromising reliability?

I have to balance:

1. comfort in carry
2. shootability
3. man-stop-abilty
4. reliability
5. price
6. firearm safety in regards to the design of the personal defense system used: the rest of safety is up to the human gun user
7. concealability
8. acceptable defensive pistol accuracy

The gun, the ammunition and the means of carry on the human person during various weather conditions and activities all have to be considered as a system.

I have to balance:

1. comfort in carry
2. shootability
3. man-stop-abilty
4. reliability
5. price
6. firearm safety in regards to the design of the personal defense system used: the rest of safety is up to the human gun user
7. concealability
8. acceptable defensive pistol accuracy

The gun, the ammunition and the means of carry on the human person during various weather conditions and activities all have to be considered as a system.
Then I think you want a Sig P365...

I have to balance:

1. comfort in carry
2. shootability
3. man-stop-abilty
4. reliability
5. price
7. concealability

With the pack, your comfort is going to be a lot easier to manage. Are you looking for a gun specifically for that, or are you wanting one that can go in the pack, but you're going to carry it on the belt/whatever as well? If that's the case, you shouldn't be looking at it as a pack gun specific thing, because anything you can stash on your person is going to do just fine in a pack.

If you're just looking for a pack gun, then your options are pretty much open. I'd look for something in roughly a Glock 19 size, they call it compact, but it's more realistically a semi-compact. As for price, just about every company out there is making guns of all sizes these days. If your budget is limited, maybe look at something like a Taurus G2 or G3. Even at the lower budget. For price, and reliability, manufacturing has gotten so good that it's legitimately challenging to find a bad handgun.

About man stopping, I think most things are going to do just fine for you. I carry a 9mm a lot, but I'm comfortable with a .380 as well. If I were law enforcement, and potentially having to shoot through a windshield was a realistic concern, I might be inclined to go with something that lobs a heavier bullet. While it's not impossible that it could come up, it's not something I feel is likely.

Safety kind of falls in with my reliability talk earlier, modern guns are very safe, but do find a way to keep the trigger guard covered in any case.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top