JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
1. Glock 26, 9mm, not too big and heavy....Glock has now forever lost my interest due to some silly non-firearm products they are now peddling at their website
2. new Colt Cobra 2", .38 SPC. + P, not too big and heavy, out of stock and bit pricey
3. Smith & Wesson Model 67 4", mid-frame, .38, rather heavy and a quite long for a conceal gun, a bit pricey
4. Smith & Wesson M&P9 Shield EZ 9mm, no thumb safety, not too big and heavy but a bit on the long side

These guns are the next size up from the most compact revolvers and pistols in the market.

I don't like any Smith J frame revolvers whatsoever. I don't like the looks of them.
I love the Colt Cobra but it is out of stock right now. Apparently more people like them than the production numbers Colt cares to make and they are a bit pricey.
The deal-breaker for me on any Glock product is the nonsense they are advertising at the website but I won't get into that here.
So now for me, it seems like a Shield EZ. I've seen them priced new on line for as low as $460.
The smaller and cheaper Shield 2.0 looks a bit Mickey Mouse in style for me.

.380 ACP is soft shooting but some say it's weak as a defense round. So for brass-chuckers, the 9mm in a not too big or too small pistol seems like the ticket.

Anybody here own a Shield EZ? :confused:

nUSUfFP.jpg

Maybe a Thig Thauer Three Thixty Five? Of course, in a fanny pack that just thcreams...ummmm...
you know...
Thelf defense.

There is a company making reliable 15 round mags for the 43x/48. More capacity than the 26 in a smaller package.

There is a company making reliable 15 round mags for the 43x/48. More capacity than the 26 in a smaller package.

In what's important to some you're correct.

But the 43x is taller than a 26. Same height as the G19.
And the 48 is both longer and taller than the 26. Same length and height as a G19.

So not a smaller package in those measurments.

However the 26 is wider than both the 43x and 48 by about 1/4''.
And that for comfort when carrying, is a big difference too many.

Last Edited:
I find that searching the web by the manufacturer and model number is the best way to find good prices on gun.deals:

Found this (model with the manual safety):

For those not in the know, It's Shield Arms. They currently produce an aftermarket 15rd, flush fit, steel mag for the Glock 43X/48.

They are also developing a higher capacity Glock 43 mag. It's my understanding that they were working on the G43 version 1st, but put it to the back burner as the greater capacity gains from doing a G48 instead, made more sense. So don't expect a five round increase in the forthcoming G43 mag. It will probably be only a one to two round increase at most.

There is no current ETA on when the G43 mag will be available (don't ask them). It will be released when it's ready. Shield Arms has a private group on Facebook. Excellent source for any and all information/updates about their product lines, directly from the co-owners themselves.....That's pretty cool.:)

Shoot each gun you are interested in if possible before buying.
You have no idea how many handguns I loved the looks and feel of then get to the range and I find out I don't like them.

Sw 340pd small light and reliable, limited capacity and on the expensive side for what it is, but shoots well with 38+p and you can run 357 mag if youd rather burn them to death.

My old neighbor, Mr Outlaw, used to carry his N-Frame in his fannypack....I could hardly tell it was in there...lol

The 9mm SW Shield and G43 are a good choice in my rather unimportant opinion.

My old neighbor, Mr Outlaw, used to carry his N-Frame in his fannypack....I could hardly tell it was in there...lol

The 9mm SW Shield and G43 are a good choice in my rather unimportant opinion.

This Shield EZ has an internal hammer action and about 5 pounds crisp-break consistent pull according to S&W which is par for the course of a D/A revolver firing in S/A mode. It fires like a double action revolver but with single-action lightness but not too sensitive like a Colt Govt. Model pistol. I don't believe it ever needs to be decocked with any lever since it has no decocking lever. It definitely seems to have a superior out of the box trigger over the Glock.

For your consideration:

9mm EZ P365
8+1 10+1 Capacity
3.675" 3.1" Barrel Len.
6.85" 5.8" Length
23.2 oz. 18 oz. Weight
1.04" 1" Width
5.05" 4.3" Height

seems the P365 provides greater capacity in a less bulky package, more convenience for edc... But it really does boil down to what fits your hands, what you shoot the best and have the most confidence in...

You've gotten lots of good recommendations here, sounds like you'll need to try several out and find your personal nirvana...

For your consideration:

9mm EZ P365
8+1 10+1 Capacity
3.675" 3.1" Barrel Len.
6.85" 5.8" Length
23.2 oz. 18 oz. Weight
1.04" 1" Width
5.05" 4.3" Height

seems the P365 provides greater capacity in a less bulky package, more convenience for edc... But it really does boil down to what fits your hands, what you shoot the best and have the most confidence in...

You've gotten lots of good recommendations here, sounds like you'll need to try several out and find your personal nirvana...

yes sir, my next step is to see what I can try out at the range ... I guess I could take a P365 for a spin while I'm at it:rolleyes:

1. Glock 26, 9mm, not too big and heavy....Glock has now forever lost my interest due to some silly non-firearm products they are now peddling at their website
2. new Colt Cobra 2", .38 SPC. + P, not too big and heavy, out of stock and bit pricey
3. Smith & Wesson Model 67 4", mid-frame, .38, rather heavy and a quite long for a conceal gun, a bit pricey
4. Smith & Wesson M&P9 Shield EZ 9mm, no thumb safety, not too big and heavy but a bit on the long side

These guns are the next size up from the most compact revolvers and pistols in the market.

I don't like any Smith J frame revolvers whatsoever. I don't like the looks of them.
I love the Colt Cobra but it is out of stock right now. Apparently more people like them than the production numbers Colt cares to make and they are a bit pricey.
The deal-breaker for me on any Glock product is the nonsense they are advertising at the website but I won't get into that here.
So now for me, it seems like a Shield EZ. I've seen them priced new on line for as low as $460.
The smaller and cheaper Shield 2.0 looks a bit Mickey Mouse in style for me.

.380 ACP is soft shooting but some say it's weak as a defense round. So for brass-chuckers, the 9mm in a not too big or too small pistol seems like the ticket.

Anybody here own a Shield EZ? :confused:

I shot the 380 EZ and It wasn't impressive I love the 9mm shield though. That is just my opion though.

You can get small 9mm handguns almost as small as the micro .380s. The 9x19 is more common, more ammo selection, more powerful and a better selection of guns. You can also get light recoiling 9x19 if that is an issue. So I don't really see much benefit in getting a .380 as it is just a shorter 9mm.

Since you seem to be open to striker fired guns, consider the SIG P365

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads