JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1) "Colt as we all knew it is officially gone."
Given how Colt has been doing the past few years is that really a bad thing?
It's not like S&W being bought by hoplophobes and a$$ lickers.
The Czech Republic isn't Formerly Great Britain. The Czechs know how evil the
Left's agenda is and have an expansive view of RKBA.

2) "Colt no longer a USA owned company.... "
Somehow I doubt that Cz could be as bad as a woke American company.

3) " The hand is a loose part that requires the side plate to be secure so it functions properly..."
Sounds like the Raven, which requires the grip to hold the disconnect in place.

4) "Other than owning the copyrights, I don't see a benefit?"
Ask Bombardier about the value of the Indian marque, and why they no longer make Victory.

5) "Or how about the fact that Ford cars are now made in Japan?"
Improved quality?

6) "Anyone drink American Beer?"
Quilter's Irish Death is American. Is it considered a boutique brew?
Most American lagers are insipid yellow fizzy water with added flavors and not fit for consumption.

6) The Czechs have a long and illustrious history with firearms innovation, design and manufacture, and a healthy Weltanschauung vis-a-vis guns, freedom, and Commie politics.
The 1911 and the Cz75 are the most copied pistol platforms in the world for a good reason.
(And hey, who can resist the weird appeal of the Cz52?)

Well, all I have to add is that I'm glad this didn't turn into a Colt-bashing thread, the way almost every other thread on this subject (CZ buying Colt) on every other forum did...

I am an un-apologetic fan of Colt and as a CZ/Dan Wesson fanboy as well, don't have any problem with this news.

Long live the Prancing Pony.
Same here! I been thinking about getting a Colt for awhile now! It's just the price I have to get past!

What is odd, is I have a couple of recently manufactured Colts and a recently manufactured DW, and while there are some apparent differences in finish, the Colts actually run better.
Are you referring to the revolvers or 1911s? I do not have any experience with any Colts but with both DW handgun lines. I admit the DW came with super tight chambers and rail-to-slide fitment, especially for my 9mm's, which caused a few stoppages. The 45's, while tight, ran smoooooth! Once I break-in the 9mm DW, it should be super sweet.

I'm not sure what CZ gets out of this? The Colt name, obviously, though they already make a line of 1911s and revolvers. And it's not like they can't just crank out ARs like everyone else, though again, they would own the M4 and AR15 specifically.... Other than owning the copyrights, I don't see a benefit?

?Government contracts on said?

:s0076:

Are you referring to the revolvers or 1911s? I do not have any experience with any Colts but with both DW handgun lines. I admit the DW came with super tight chambers and rail-to-slide fitment, especially for my 9mm's, which caused a few stoppages. The 45's, while tight, ran smoooooth! Once I break-in the 9mm DW, it should be super sweet.

All 45 ACP 1911s. Go on with that 9mm BS.... :D

Admitted CZ fan. They seem to have a level of enthusiasm for firearms and the firearms owners that Colt lost a long time ago. Hopefully they can clean house and make it work before Colt becomes another Remington.

At least it wasn't bought up by some investment group that would have it take out loans to pay back the buyers for its purchase then declare bankruptcy (Remington)

Having been on the other end of this before I can tell you it isn't pretty. Investment groups care nothing about the products, and it's all about the eventual flip for a better price.

CZ buying Colt is probably one of the best scenarios. They make a quality product and hopefully will bring some common sense and quality manufacturing back to Colt.

I'm not sure what CZ gets out of this? The Colt name, obviously, though they already make a line of 1911s and revolvers. And it's not like they can't just crank out ARs like everyone else, though again, they would own the M4 and AR15 specifically.... Other than owning the copyrights, I don't see a benefit?

CZ is already manufacturing in the USA. This helps expand their market presence and potentially adds production capability.

Colt gives them the revolver market, which seems to be experiencing a resurgence.

The Colt brand and USA presence will probably help CZ have a better chance of getting US military and law enforcement contracts, and potentially Canada and Mexico as well.

Already having DW and now Colt suddenly makes CZ a leader in the 1911 market, as well as being able to leverage their 9mm products into potentially new markets. I could see CZ using Colt to develop new lower-cost 9mm models to compete with the S&W Shield variants. CZ knows how to make a good polymer pistol.

I could go on, but those are some pretty good reasons for CZ to want to acquire Colt.

If the worst happens and Biden gets legislation allowing legal action against the manufacturers if their guns are used in a mass shooting, the lawsuit will die at our shores. Already happened with a large combined suit against Taurus in Brazil.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top