JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's tremendous news. Sad to see it go to foreign hands, but CZ is likely to run it like a gun company and not a printing press the way it has been for decades. Similar situation with Cerebrus and Remington, or whoever owned Remington last. It's likely that we'll see better quality, more innovative Colt products on a consistent basis. Look at the way Ruger has done things for the last 25 years. Good stuff and responsive to the market. Looking forward to it.

While I lament that an iconic name such as Colt is no longer American owned, I must say I'm happy to see they are in good hands.

Cz brought Dan Wesson back from the grave and, in my opinion, produce the best bang for your buck 1911 on the market. They already know how to make excellent guns at great prices. I hope they keep Colt alive and well.

Good maybe the QC will finally go up.
I like that Colt is an American brand, but the Stainless Colt Gold Cup Trophy I had left me unimpressed with the brand.
I got better groups with the same good quality 230 grain S&B(Sellier and Bellot) fmj ammo in my Springfield Mil-spec Stainless, and the Colt had a better trigger. The Springfield cost me under $750 too.

Colt 1911's are great for collectors but imo, too many companies nowadays make a better 1911 at a better price point.
Those Gold Cup Trophy's in stainless go for Dan Wesson 1911 prices, I would have been much better served by a Dan Wesson.

I would be interested to know if it will go the way of DW - allowed to run on its own with oversight from CZ. The good it did for DW! :)

I hope not. They haven't shown much ability to run on their own up to this point.

I hope not. They haven't shown much ability to run on their own up to this point.
When DW was bought and revived, CZ provided new tooling and more experienced staff, look how that turned out. Hopefully this is what they may do to Colt - it could keep the CZ logo off the Colt branding and be made in USA but with the oversight that CZ puts on DW. That is what I meant.

I do not care for Colt but may buy one with or without the CZ logo next to Colt. After all, I am a CZ guy, since before it was popular! :cool::D

Colt has been operating like some sort of a weird 'members only' club for a long time.

They make a few guns of this and that model, sell them through distributors then onto dealers who sell them online for much higher than MSRP. Seems like maybe the few skilled employees left were 'calling the shots'.

I watched a video last night (from Colt) about the new Python. All I saw was them trying to 'backpedal' about the reported problems and then a rep reported on how 'some ' owners may have loose side plate screws on their Python and that will cause the failure of the cylinder to turn issue because, (and I quote) 'Because the side plate supports the hand that turns they cylinder' (they showed a close up of this)

The side plate 'supports' the hand?? A close up video showed this and it was almost hard to watch. The hand is a loose part that requires the side plate to be secure so it functions properly? And then he stated 'They would be using some 'Threadlocker' to secure the sideplate screws to prevent this'

Threadlocker on a $1500 + gun??

Yes, I hope CZ resurrects Colt.

Last Edited:
Colt has been operating like some sort of a weird 'members only' club for a long time.

They make a few guns of this and than model, sell them through distributors then onto dealers who sell them online for much higher than MSRP. Seems like maybe the few skilled employees left were 'calling the shots'.

I watched a video last night (from Colt) about the new Python. All I saw was them trying to 'backpedal' about the reported problems and then a rep reported on how 'some ' owners may have loose side plate screws on their Python and that will cause the failure of the cylinder to turn issue because, (and I quote) 'Because the side plate supports the hand that turns they cylinder' (they showed a close up of this)

The side plate 'supports' the hand?? A close up video showed this and it was almost hard to watch. The hand is a loose part that requires the side plate to be secure so it functions properly? And then he stated 'They would be using some 'Threadlocker' to secure the sideplate screws to prevent this'

Threadlocker on a $1500 + gun??

Yes, I hope CZ resurrects Colt.
It looked to me like they got spoiled by all of the government contracts and just never found their way back to being a self-sufficient enterprise. Like they say, the sun don't shine on the same dog's butt all day.

I'm a big fan of CZ and I have hope. At least there's little chance of Colt dragging them down with them.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top