JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm not sure what CZ gets out of this? The Colt name, obviously, though they already make a line of 1911s and revolvers. And it's not like they can't just crank out ARs like everyone else, though again, they would own the M4 and AR15 specifically.... Other than owning the copyrights, I don't see a benefit?

I'm not sure what CZ gets out of this? The Colt name, obviously, though they already make a line of 1911s and revolvers. And it's not like they can't just crank out ARs like everyone else, though again, they would own the M4 and AR15 specifically.... Other than owning the copyrights, I don't see a benefit?

Maybe it opens doors for their name in the US and Colt's name in former commiestan?

I wish CZ success. Colt was all but dead and poorly operated. They were ripe for an acquisition and were probably quietly poised for that eventuality. CZ is all business and has a much larger global presence than many realize. I don't know how the Colt acquisition fits into the big picture but CZ has been aggressively growing over the last decade. Many CZ fans have begged for a more compact CZ for concealed carry but US import laws have prevented it. Maybe we will see that offered by Colt now someday. CZ short action rifles have a cult like following but imports are scarce. They make some formidable military grade weapons. CZ has been manufacturing some of their P10 series striker fired pistols in a new US plant for a couple years now and they haven't been shy about their intentions of becoming a prominent US manufacturer. They have had police and military contracts other countries for decades. It will be interesting to see how things develop.

Last Edited:
Anyone drink American Beer? Because they are all owned by the French Company Stella Artois! From Budwieser to Coors. Unless you are into micro brews! Or how about the fact that Ford cars are now made in Japan? Or the fact that you can't get a prescription that isn't probably manufactured in China! Look I would love to have it stayed as an American company but it's almost impossible when Attorney Generals allowed people to sue firearms manufacturers because of someone that shoots a group of people and they have a mental problem but somehow they blame the company!

Gee I wonder why it's all jacked up!:s0146:

:s0135:

Anyone drink American Beer? Because they are all owned by the French Company Stella Artois! From Budwieser to Coors. Unless you are into micro brews! Or how about the fact that Ford cars are now made in Japan? Or the fact that you can't get a prescription that isn't probably manufactured in China! Look I would love to have it stayed as an American company but it's almost impossible when Attorney Generals allowed people to sue firearms manufacturers because of someone that shoots a group of people and they have a mental problem but somehow they blame the company!

Gee I wonder why it's all jacked up!:s0146:

:s0135:
Crazy how tesla is pure american

Well, all I have to add is that I'm glad this didn't turn into a Colt-bashing thread, the way almost every other thread on this subject (CZ buying Colt) on every other forum did...

I am an un-apologetic fan of Colt and as a CZ/Dan Wesson fanboy as well, don't have any problem with this news.

Long live the Prancing Pony.

Well, all I have to add is that I'm glad this didn't turn into a Colt-bashing thread, the way almost every other thread on this subject (CZ buying Colt) on every other forum did...

I am an un-apologetic fan of Colt and as a CZ/Dan Wesson fanboy as well, don't have any problem with this news.

Long live the Prancing Pony.
My EDC is a DW ECO.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews