JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It makes me sad that Made in America is no longer a thing even with guns for the most part.
Me too.

I have however been giving this some thought and while there are those of us who do feel a sense of loss it is probably due to nostalgia. 'Back in the day' when some of us were getting into guns we typically 'started' with the traditional, 'well known' names such as Colt, S & W, Remington, Winchester, Ruger etc. Sure, we may have been familiar with some of the lesser known names, or some of the imports but largely in part we followed the US made names we grew up with, and maybe felt a bit of 'kinship' with, as many of these names were 'ingrained' with other parts of our lives such as movies, TV, history, magazines etc.

Fast forward and while the 'traditional' names are still well known they have largely in part been 'overshadowed' by the incredible amount of new mfgs., improved quality with some non-US mfgs. and some of the US mfgs. have not kept pace with modern demands.

Therefore it is my belief the current sales or losses of traditionally known companies is not felt with the same emotion as it might have been say just 20 or 30 years ago.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

It could be worse, like Colt being bought the Chinese. Under CZ ownership Colt should have a promising future. CZ has proven itself to be a company of innovation and excellent QC.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top