JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I thought I just saw here that someone said that "sniping" came from SA.
Perhaps not. Didn't some of our gentlemen use essentially the first rifles to good effect?

This is sniping. I left a comment on the video to the same. I said maybe he could teach his son to hunt now.

And even if you can shoot like this,WHY TF would you post it on you tube?
Now every dumb Shyte with a rifle will try this and we'll have wounded animals all over. Show off you 1000 yard shots at the range? Sure,but this isn't hunting at all.

Like I've said in other threads,I'll guarantee you someone is putting arrows in elk in that unit.

Learn to hunt first

This is sniping. I left a comment on the video to the same. I said maybe he could teach his son to hunt now.

And even if you can shoot like this,WHY TF would you post it on you tube?
Now every dumb Shyte with a rifle will try this and we'll have wounded animals all over. Show off you 1000 yard shots at the range? Sure,but this isn't hunting at all.

Like I've said in other threads,I'll guarantee you someone is putting arrows in elk in that unit.

Learn to hunt first

I wish I could shoot as good as the kid too. It's ok.

He doesn't care.

Wow, I should have read all the responses to the OP's original post before I even said anything. I would have realized what ever I said would have been downgraded, nit picked, and parted out by some idiot that post 50 to a 100 replies to threads a week with no context that is meaningful to the original question. Are you drunk at home all day just babbling on how the world should be in your context and lecturing others on what they should do.....And then throw in the fact how great of a dad you are while you are looking like a idiot on the internet? And this was all just in the last week.

Wow, I should have read all the responses to the OP's original post before I even said anything. I would have realized what ever I said would have been downgraded, nit picked, and parted out by some idiot that post 50 to a 100 replies to threads a week with no context that is meaningful to the original question. Are you drunk at home all day just babbling on how the world should be in your context and lecturing others on what they should do.....And then throw in the fact how great of a dad you are while you are looking like a idiot on the internet? And this was all just in the last week.

I don't drink

Wow allot of mixed emotions this has stirred up..

So bow hunting I've gotten within 10 yards and shot my bull, took him two hours to bleed out and die.. Broke my heart to hear him suffer.

I am a long range hunter also and have made shots like the vid.. There is allot that can go wrong .. Wind is the main concern.. Last elk I killed
Long range was dead within a few minutes..

I've also wounded elk at 50 yards and tracked him for two days before makin a kill shot.. Allot
Of Folks would have given up after a few hours..

Wow allot of mixed emotions this has stirred up..

So bow hunting I've gotten within 10 yards and shot my bull, took him two hours to bleed out and die.. Broke my heart to hear him suffer.

I am a long range hunter also and have made shots like the vid.. There is allot that can go wrong .. Wind is the main concern.. Last elk I killed
Long range was dead within a few minutes..

I've also wounded elk at 50 yards and tracked him for two days before makin a kill shot.. Allot
Of Folks would have given up after a few hours..

So you are very inconsistent with your shots.

Minnesota,I can't see Ben's responses for some reason,if you get my drift.:s0155:

I thought I just saw here that someone said that "sniping" came from SA.
Perhaps not. Didn't some of our gentlemen use essentially the first rifles to good effect?

I could be wrong, but I believe the word "sniping" did actually come from South Africa. I think a snipe is a small bird they hunt and the word "sniping" took off. However, the practice of sniping in the sharpshooting sense had been around much, much longer.

I will say the kid pulled of s great shot and the animal didn't suffer. The one thing I hate when this stuff is showed, people think they can pull these shots without practice. For instance my uncle and cousin are the type to think they can do these kind of shots. Opening Day of deer season my cousin shot at a deer 600 yards away (that's a long shot in my area). Claims he hit double lung first shot then shoulder on the second shot. They never did find the deer because he gut shot it I think because of the small amount of blood. They should have never took this shot because they can't hit the broad side of a barn.

It is hunting. The taking of an animal for sport or nutritional purposes.
My first deer was at about 50 yards from a blind with a .22 Hornet, I sure considered it hunting at that age.

However, It is not the most exciting (For me) form of hunting.

Sneaking up on a snorting buck through 100 yards of thick brush with rain coming down is hunting for me, releasing an arrow that you know will fly true to its mark and make an ethical kill, that is hunting to me.

To each his own, but I would not take a shot at that distance. For multiple reasons, namely because kid would probably make me look bad.

Wow... So much harshness, I thought I was reading in the Legal/Political forum!

I'm not a "trophy" hunter, and I don't care for keeping dead animal bits around the house for decoration, either. I think people who do that should have their foreskins mounted to a board and place over the front threshold to their houses... You know, "for luck"!

(Just kidding about those who like taxidermy in their homes!)

Just about any kill (done legally) that is as quick as possible under the circumstances you're in is ethical. Some "hunters" get off on, shall we say... Prolonging the "process". :s0154:

Marksmanship and hunting go together. There's nothing as satisfying as being able to hit what you aim at. I was a small bore competition shooter in high school, and it wasn't fair. My dad had had a rifle in my hands from the age of about 5. The short of it is, if the kid can hit his target at that range, more power to him. I've been on the range during public sight in and seen people shoot 12 inch groups from the bench at 100 yards and call it good. If those people take a 100 yard shot it's no better than the kid at 1400.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top