JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Boy there is a lot of back and forth on this thread.

Years ago, hunting antelope near Rome, my dad and I spotted a herd with several nice bucks. One of them was much larger than the rest. I hiked as far as I dared, (about a mile) then low crawled through the sage for another 450 to 500 yards all the while praying I won't come across a rattlesnake in the August sun. I took a shot (later measured) at 1137 yards at the "granddaddy" while laying on my belly using a "V" notch in a sage brush as a rest. I chambered another round for a follow up shot. As I'm squeezing, the bullet arrived and the buck fell.

I am proud of that shot through this day because of what I had to do to even make it possible for shot I took. Starting with the selection of the rifle and scope (which wasn't hard), to sighting the gun in for "long range" (again, not hard) to the stalk and finally making the actual shot.

Is what I did "hunting" or "sniping"? I like to call it hunting because of all the prep necessary on my part to get myself into a position to make a reasonable shot. Yes, anything under 1500 yards is reasonable, especially at antelope if you prepare.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top