JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
i call's it "hunting". why?
i grew up shooting started shooting @1,000 yards about 11 or 12 hunted around 500 yards ranges and when i moved to oregon,
every one talked about shooting elk deer etc at 100 yards or less, i was all what???? that close just stab them :D

The biy was only shooting the critter. My opnion: if you anit close enough to smell em you anit close enough to hunt em. Of course now he does have so,e good elk tenderloin to grill/

Well, at least it's not a drone and a joystick.
A hit is a hit.. but at 1400 yards, there's probably not much terminal performance unless it's a crazy round.
If it's a 300WM its probably got what, 600fpe? I don't know.. probably like a .357 magnum and not many people shoot or would recommend shooting elk with a .357 magnum.

Oh, I can hit way out there with many of my rifles if I choose to do so. I hunt Elk with a bow though because I so love the hunt. To each their own. I was at full draw at least 10 times this year and came so close it should be illegal to be able to have that much fun with your cloths on.

In my own eyes (and just my own opinion) killing isn't hunting. It's as much a part of it as hunting, just not the best part. If I had my way every year I would harvest mine in the last hour of the last day of a month long season.

Good for the kid, he got his Elk:s0155:

That is not hunting, its irresponsible. Good shot? Yes but thats it.

If im sitting on my counch and see a deer 700yds away, shot it without getting up it that hunting?? Or bring deer to a feeder thats on a clock while I sit in a heated cabin 30ft away is that hunting?

That elk was harvested, not hunted. The problem I see, is that a lot of guys will think "Hey, if a 13 yr old can do it, I can too" but the results will more then likely be far different then the kid with his support team.

A high county back pack hunt? There was probably more effort put in to finding the bull in question than most armchair hunters will ever put out. I call it hunting, maybe its different than some say is the only way to hunt but I won't be that narrow minded or try to control how others legally hunt that's a liberals job. And it looked like a plenty humane kill to me. Maybe we underestimate the lethality of modern cartridges?

That is not hunting, its irresponsible. Good shot? Yes but thats it.

If im sitting on my counch and see a deer 700yds away, shot it without getting up it that hunting?? Or bring deer to a feeder thats on a clock while I sit in a heated cabin 30ft away is that hunting?

lol.. stfu noob.

What we're seeing right here is a picture of one damn fine childhood. I'm trying to give my boys the same, I pray that they'll look back at their youth and know dad was doing his best to make it happen for them.

I try very hard not to comment on other people hunting techniques. I have no problem how people choose to take game as long as it's done ethically, the animal doesn't suffer and it's legal. I read in the comments the rifle is a 7mm Remington Mag, but frankly I wonder more about the load. I want to know what bullet they are using.

Why can't it be both? Hunting was the action and sniping was the method opposed to stalking.
I agree. There is no way to make a accurate wind call for a 100% guarantee 1st round hit. How can you determine what the wind is at the max ord of the trajectory over a valley at 200 or 300 ft. He applied a proven sniping technique to deal with the unknown wind call. His follow up shot was quickly done under the same conditions. No other way to do this. Well done.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top