JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
andthe flip side to all teh guys who say it was not right to shoot that far at a elk,,,,,

yup mmmmm hmmmmmmmm ima wait till it gets real close like 50 yards and blow it away with ma 300wsm cause i likes to, make sure it's dead

It was a humane kill. And a nice shot. I'm actually surprised the bull didn't bolt when the kid missed the first shot....you can see him look up like " WTF?" then he gets popped on the second round. BTW, hunting and sniping are the same thing. In fact, the word sniping originated in South Africa as a hunting term if I'm not mistaken hunting for snipes.

As to definition- no, this isn't sniping. Sniping is the act of shooting a MAN over some distance from a position of concealment and/or surprise.

lol.. stfu noob.

He stated his opinion Ben and I won't step on his arse anymore for stating his opinion then I would the kid for his choice of methods while taking his game, but then again that's your opinion and I mine. You may want to take a look and see if MisterBill is around this site any more. Answer, nope. He was axed last week for almost the same thing that you posted. Trust me I'm no goody two shoes angel, I recently received my two strikes call. just a heads up Ben.

I Call it unethical, how many times has he wounded one, or how many people watching these shows and videos go out unprepared, and wound one. This dude just ran up there, kid has gun, he actually makes adjustments, The father or guide has zillions of years experience, sets the gun up, maybe the kid shoots good, but this is not ethical for a majority of people. Please don't even go out and try until about 6 years from now, maybe.

JUST wait guys, in 2019, you can use your own unmanned drone to drop a small guided, heat seeking missile from 5000 miles away. All you have to do is pay the Remote-triggered stamp fee of $500. Hunt anywhere in the world from your couch and they will process, pack, and send it to your house. Now everyone can say they are a man of the woods and understand early mountain men's skills.

I Call it unethical, how many times has he wounded one, or how many people watching these shows and videos go out unprepared, and wound one. This dude just ran up there, kid has gun, he actually makes adjustments, The father or guide has zillions of years experience, sets the gun up, maybe the kid shoots good, but this is not ethical for a majority of people. Please don't even go out and try until about 6 years from now, maybe.

Maybe he never has, maybe he has. How many people have shot at and wounded animals never to be found at much shorter ranges? Regardless no one feels good about a lost animal. How should anyone affiliated with this video be held responsible for what other people do?

Ethical is a sticky word because everyone has their own ethics. I, personally, am only able to comment on what I saw. I don't live in the "what if" and "maybe" and from what I saw on that video, the kids has more skill then me. He made a good kill on a nice elk from an amazing distance.

I don't hunt Bear on baits, but that's my choice. I use a bow because I love the hunt more than I do the kill and accept all the challenges in between. Have I lost game that I hit in the past? Yes, one with a rifle and one with a bow, both made me sick to the point I almost gave up hunting. It's the hunting part that drew me back in. It's not for me to decide what's right or wrong with another's choice and method. These are personal decisions I've made and I'll not decide for another which they should make. As was wisely stated here earlier, when we make choices for others and divide ourselves, we only become like those that would see us undone as hunters. And again, that's just my opinion, yours may vary.

Maybe he never has, maybe he has. How many people have shot at and wounded animals never to be found at much shorter ranges? Regardless no one feels good about a lost animal. How should anyone affiliated with this video be held responsible for what other people do?

Ethical is a sticky word because everyone has their own ethics. I, personally, am only able to comment on what I saw. I don't live in the "what if" and "maybe" and from what I saw on that video, the kids has more skill then me. He made a good kill on a nice elk from an amazing distance.

If we lived by your actions. Well, the salmon would be perfectly fine in this day of age, because I never saw anyone on videos or even while out fishing,,,,taking more than they should. Bring that back 60-80 years ago. NO one even cared what they saw...all they saw was dollar signs. And most of those fish were shipped to Europe. Now you have a harvest tag and species that are going to be Endangered soon. I'm not implying Elk are going to be the same process. But your belief on what you will comment on are not is not practical. Would you show the first video of the same kid who wounded one and it ran off into a valley, already 1400 yards away, across a valley, which looked like more area than most men would walk to pursue a Elk that would have ran off out of distance? Yes, its hypothetical, but if you don't consider it, your ignorant in my mind.

This summer I was salmon fishing next to guy who showed me a bunch of pictures showing his elk hunt from the year before.
He won a once in a lifetime Colorado state trophy bow hunt lottery he had put in for.
He said it cost a small fortune, but the top guide he hired put him within 8 yds of a Boone & Crockett trophy bull.
His biggest regret was not having enough time to acclimate to the high altitudes (he flew in the day before the hunt started) and he said he had a migraine like headache the whole time he was hunting at the higher altitudes.
Absolutely the largest bull elk rack I have ever seen.
He said that he would never forget what it was like to being that close to a live bull elk.
After putting his arrow in the bull's chest, it ran up and away from them for about 100 yds and then laid down.
He asked the guide "what should we do now," and the guides answer was to wait and watch, because if we get any closer he would bolt.
After a half hour, the bull jumped up and almost did a complete back flip.
The guide said, "He's done, now comes the hard part getting him down off the mountain".

I also believe you are thinking of the term Morals, which is a more independent belief, not a social belief

This summer I was salmon fishing next to guy who showed me a bunch of pictures showing his elk hunt from the year before.
He won a once in a lifetime Colorado state trophy bow hunt lottery he had put in for.
He said it cost a small fortune, but the top guide he hired put him within 8 yds of a Boone & Crockett trophy bull.
His biggest regret was not having enough time to acclimate to the high altitudes (he flew in the day before the hunt started) and he said he had a migraine like headache the whole time he was hunting at the higher altitudes.
Absolutely the largest bull elk rack I have ever seen.
He said that he would never forget what it was like to being that close to a live bull elk.
After putting his arrow in the bull's chest, it ran up and away from them for about 100 yds and then laid down.
He asked the guide "what should we do now," and the guides answer was to wait and watch, because if we get any closer he would bolt.
After a half hour, the bull jumped up and almost did a complete back flip.
The guide said, "He's done, now comes the hard part getting him down off the mountain".

That would be hunting, not sniping

If we lived by your actions. WEll, the salmon would be perfectly fine, because I never see anyone on videos or even while out fishing,,,,taking more than they should. Bring that back 60-80 years ago. NO one even cared what they saw...all they saw was dollar signs. And most of that fish was shipped to Europe. Now you have a harvest tag and species that are going to be Endangered soon. I'm not implying Elk are going to be the same process. But your belief on what you will comment on are not practical. Would you show the first video of the same kid who wounded one and it ran off into a valley, already 1400 yards away, across a valley, which looked more area than most men would walk to pursue a Elk that would have ran off out of distance? Yes, its hypothetical, but if you don't consider it, your ignorant in my mind.

This sentiment boggles my mind. All I can figure is that because you (ambiguous, to all of you who chose this position) couldn't make such an awesome shot, you think nobody else should either.

You can say the exact same for shooting at an animal 50 feet away, or using any of the harder methods- Pistol hunting, bow hunting, muzzle-loader hunting, etc. What's a "guaranteed kill?" Does it even exist? You'd better never take ANY shot you can't claim as a guaranteed kill- which means you bes' hang it up right now, 'cause there's no such thing.

I wouldn't let my 9 year old take a shot at a buck at 200m with open sights. I would take that shot. I wouldn't let him take a shot at the same buck with a 10x optic at 400m... but I would take that shot. I wouldn't take a shot at 800m at anything with anything, instead I'd had the weapon to the guy who DID possess the ability to stand a reasonable likelihood of getting a "hit." There's no unethical distance for taking a shot at a game animal. It's entirely subject to the shooter and the weapon he's aiming.

But there is apparently a jealousy distance, 'roud hur.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTYysjYfuQOJgPZoRsJzgG5OR0to7UpSO8MrRg8-ZM44tTLVVMt.jpg

This sentiment boggles my mind. All I can figure is that because you (ambiguous, to all of you who chose this position) couldn't make such an awesome shot, you think nobody else should either.

You can say the exact same for shooting at an animal 50 feet away, or using any of the harder methods- Pistol hunting, bow hunting, muzzle-loader hunting, etc. What's a "guaranteed kill?" Does it even exist? You'd better never take ANY shot you can't claim as a guaranteed kill- which means you bes' hang it up right now, 'cause there's no such thing.

I wouldn't let my 9 year old take a shot at a buck at 200m with open sights. I would take that shot. I wouldn't let him take a shot at the same buck with a 10x optic at 400m... but I would take that shot. I wouldn't take a shot at 800m at anything with anything, instead I'd had the weapon to the guy who DID possess the ability to stand a reasonable likelihood of getting a "hit." There's no unethical distance for taking a shot at a game animal. It's entirely subject to the shooter and the weapon he's aiming.

But there is apparently a jealousy distance, 'roud hur.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTYysjYfuQOJgPZoRsJzgG5OR0to7UpSO8MrRg8-ZM44tTLVVMt.jpg

The narrator says in the video, I can't believe you made that shot and especially for your first Elk. And do you think the shooter can let alone spell Ethical, yet understand its meaning? Do I have to say more?

The narrator says in the video, I can't believe you made that shot and especially for your first Elk. And do you think the shooter can let alone spell Ethical, yet understand its meaning? Do I have to say more?

I can absolutely guarantee you that my 9 year old can not only spell "ethical," but knows not to capitalize it in the middle of a sentence.

And he can tell you what it means.

What's that got to do with whether or not he can take a shot at 1400m? Or 140m? Or 40?

If we lived by your actions. Well, the salmon would be perfectly fine in this day of age, because I never saw anyone on videos or even while out fishing,,,,taking more than they should. Bring that back 60-80 years ago. NO one even cared what they saw...all they saw was dollar signs. And most of those fish were shipped to Europe. Now you have a harvest tag and species that are going to be Endangered soon. I'm not implying Elk are going to be the same process. But your belief on what you will comment on are not is not practical. Would you show the first video of the same kid who wounded one and it ran off into a valley, already 1400 yards away, across a valley, which looked like more area than most men would walk to pursue a Elk that would have ran off out of distance? Yes, its hypothetical, but if you don't consider it, your ignorant in my mind.

Now that's a wild pitch.
:s0092:

I can absolutely guarantee you that my 9 year old can not only spell "ethical," but knows not to capitalize it in the middle of a sentence.

And he can tell you what it means.

What's that got to do with whether or not he can take a shot at 1400m? Or 140m? Or 40?

You missed the point, including using a CAP for emphasis, since we are talking back and forth on a internet forum thread. I was unaware this was a professional atmosphere, but maybe you felt the shot added credibility to your opinion

Nice shooting! The dad knew exactly where the scope was zeroed..DO your homework you to can shoot like that...Get out from behind your keyboard.

First shot was a miss, but at that distance the report isnt bad. There were five of them and they can have the whole elk boned out in 2 hours and in their packs!

Also notice that they are back country hunting...not driving around the roads looking for one crossing the road 40' in front of them.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top