JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
These escalating armed roadblocks are entirely intended to cause a defensive shooting... even possibly to attract some individual(s) to seek then out and confront them. The fact that there will be NO law enforcement is understood as an official endorsement. It will continue, until a "correct somebody" is killed by a "correct somebody" !

These "practise roadblocks" are also a way to buy time, because BLM/Antifa are desperately trying to find a member that isn't a privileged, rich, white kid. They want to find a POC member that will agree to get shot and martyred for the cause.... but.... they may need to import one from a turd-world country... or Chicago.
I believe an event like this will be a boon for their recruitment efforts as well. It will likely embolden them to be even more confrontational with drivers as it has gained them a lot of attention in the media.

What ever happened to 'defensive driving'? Looking down the path you are proceeding on should alert you to 'hazards'. Or are you like the child throwing a temper tantrum in front of its parents and following them from room to room to get their attention (when they ignore it)?

Good point. I am not making any judgements about how a participant in that incident may have perceived danger to themselves or others, or how they would have been justified in reacting one way or another. I just pointed out that as an after-the-fact observer, looking at the video, there did not appear to be a magazine in the weapon. Some folks seem to have read alot more into my post than was intended.
I wasn't intending to be critical of your post, mentioned it was a good catch, just added my 2 cents to the observation about 'threat assessment' in real-time.

Same guy, last year. Trying to create conflict & trouble. Troublemakers, left and right leaning, create unnecessary conflict. This ain't even close to civil war. If it was, Hall would've been shot.

Last Edited:

Same guy, last year. Trying to create conflict & trouble.
Well how about that. Some people's kids.

Same guy, last year. Trying to create conflict & trouble. Troublemakers, left and right leaning, create unnecessary conflict. This ain't even close to civil war. If it was, Hall would've been shot.
Hall mentioned this incident in the Oregonian article shown in post #157 (page 8 of this thread):

"Hall said his truck had been surrounded last year during a Martin Luther King Jr. Day march in Portland and he had "laid on his horn" as he tried to drive through a green light. He said he suspects the group knows his truck. In the 2020 incident, he put on a Make America Great Again cap, according to KATU."

I live in the freaking middle of Portland (W of Caesar Chavez, E of West Hills, N of Holgate and S of Columbia), I drive way too much and I've never, not once, been hung up in a protest in the past 18 months. You'd have to be looking for it to get caught in one twice.

I'm wondering what my actions would be if I found myself in a similar situation, and my wife was in the vehicle with me...

It's one thing to threaten me, but it would be an entirely different thing to threaten my wife.

Driving along on a sunny day, on our way to my BIL's house in Portland... Suddenly the street is blocked, and someone is pointing a rifle at my wife...

What would be the best decision at that point?

I don't want to believe this is happening in the USA, but there it is.

This is what happens when wheeler turns control of the streets over to thugs with guns. "Who's streets? Our streets!" Has been their battle cry from day 1 and wheeler has never done anything to resist that (quite the opposite in fact).

This video is from 2018 when antifa beat on cars that disobeyed their orders. The cops were watching it unfold from 1 block away. Afterwards wheeler praised the cops for not doing anything.

Last Edited:
Suppose you can't get clear, forward or backward, without running over people?
The guy above was alone and did get clear, so this is not the scenario that actually happened.

Do you just floor it, and hope the guys with rifles don't start shooting?
If we assume your modified conditions:

A normal car is mostly transparent to rifles. If I was unaware enough to let it get to that point I'd try to stay calm, de-escalate, stay in the car, and get out of the area ASAP. Sometimes the status quo is not so bad. Other options are often worse. Remember, this pack of morons is streaming evidence to the cloud. If you give them no excuse, you probably stand the best chance.

It's become a crapfest but that's how it is.

Best advice: Stay out of Portland.

ESPECIALLY in the situation where I am responsible for the safety of others, I will not be boxed in.

Don't make me prove it.
I am in the waiting list for a CyberTruck but I'm pretty sure it's not actually 5.56-proof. It might mitigate small-bore rifles enough to make it a lot safer to exit the area quickly though. A person has to just stay as calm as possible and make the lowest risk choice they can.

Volunteering to get out of your vehicle like this dolt did seems like seldom the safe choice to me.

I live in the freaking middle of Portland (W of Caesar Chavez, E of West Hills, N of Holgate and S of Columbia), I drive way too much and I've never, not once, been hung up in a protest in the past 18 months. You'd have to be looking for it to get caught in one twice.
He's a handyman, that's a direct route to Home Depot.
Lol

Status

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany