JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
That's easy, at least for the real BLM protesters and not the bubblegum stirrers. They want black people to stop being shot and killed at higher rates than white people during arrests or other interactions with police. They want police to stop assuming that they are more dangerous because of the color of their skin. I suppose until it looks like something is being done about that they're going to keep protesting.
I appreciate your mindless parroting of the party line/cnn talking points, comrade.

Black Lies Matter

Please don't ban me again. Thx

No, they don't fit flush
They stick out about an inch so they can be yanked out in case of malfunction. Having lived in the PRK under SB23 and the 10 round mag laws, I used them myself, and never saw a flush fit magazine in an AR. No one in their right mind would want one.

View attachment 880905

View attachment 880906

blastn.jpeg

Looking at this intellectually it makes no sense to direct the protesting of black people being shot at higher rates with the objective of 'police reform' to reduce it.

Given the percentiles of 13% of the population, yet they commit over 50% of the murders previously posted wouldn't it make more sense for the protesters to direct their efforts TOWARD black people to work on reducing that 50% number ?

Protesting police reform is impractical as it is a 'conceptual' concept and does NOTHING to address the reduction of black crime. In effect it puts the 'guilt' unfairly on Law Enforcement.

There would be far less 'black people being shot and killed at higher rates' if the 'black people' were to maybe take on the greater 'responsibility' of reducing their own crime percentages.
They won't for multiple reasons. Some will dispute the statistics, others don't want to acknowledge the facts. This is also why they don't want to address the shootings among gang members.
The main reason is because they hijacked the cause to try and move forward their main agenda.

... The statistical fact is that in a police interaction white men are at more risk to be killed than black men. That's a tracked statistic and isn't really subject to much wiggle room.
Source for that claimed 'statistical fact'?

https://www.statista.com/statistics/585152/people-shot-to-death-by-us-police-by-race/

While it's true that white persons perish by police shootings by almost 2:1 vs blacks on average, (non-Hispanic) whites are over 60% of the population vs. blacks at 12% - 5 times more whites than blacks.

That means whites are less at risk based on proportions to population.

The data also shows (FBI Uniform Crime Report) that males of all races and black males in particular, commit violent felonies and homicides at vastly disproportionate (higher) rates vs. other races. As others said - this justifiably results in police exercising greater caution in some scenarios vs. others.

They won't for multiple reasons. Some will dispute the statistics, others don't want to acknowledge the facts. This is also why they don't want to address the shootings among gang members.
The main reason is because they hijacked the cause to try and move forward their main agenda.
Some group is trying to bring attention to the gang shootings, too bad they are blaming it on racism. They have the self hate part right. I wouldn't be surprised if woke culture is offended by these billboards.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/585152/people-shot-to-death-by-us-police-by-race/

While it's true that white persons perish by police shootings by almost 2:1 vs blacks on average, (non-Hispanic) whites are over 60% of the population vs. blacks at 12% - 5 times more whites than blacks.

The data also shows (FBI Uniform Crime Report) that males of all races and black males in particular, commit violent felonies and homicides at vastly disproportionate (higher) rates vs. other races. As others said - this justifiably results in police exercising greater caution in some scenarios vs. others.
This still dosn't take into account the propensity of the blacks to act more violently when committing felonies, nor does It factor in the higher level of resistance to law enforcement when caught! They tend to fight with the LEO a hell of a lot more, resist arrest, don't follow instructions, and then they get shot, tazed, or beaten into submission a hell of a lot more!

The FBI.

Nope.
  • Blacks are much more likely to interact with the police.
  • Once interacting with the police, whites are more likely to be killed.
  • The #1 reason for police interactions is reported crime.
  • Blacks are reported as perpetrating crimes more often.
  • Most crime reports are filed by people of the same race as the alleged offender.
Those are all facts.

What ever happened to 'defensive driving'? Looking down the path you are proceeding on should alert you to 'hazards'. Or are you like the child throwing a temper tantrum in front of its parents and following them from room to room to get their attention (when they ignore it)?
Portland isn't always that easy.

Seattle and San Francisco are way worse.
In my limited experience

When you find yourself in a hole, it's best to stop digging.
Dude, this is reported in the Uniform Crime Reporting database - if you want the truth go dig like the newspaper reporters that initially broke the 'story' a few years back. The things I listed are a matter of established statistical fact.

If BLM leadership really wanted change, which by all incidents since Ferguson they don't. By that I mean don't chum the waters if you don't want sharks to show up. Every event or incident THEY create draws the police, who they say want to kill black people. Does BLM hate black people?

BLM, their sister squadron Antifa and NFAC alone are responsible for dozens of black people shot or killed, mostly children and teenagers over the last year, than the people they claim is out to get them. Kids shot in cars, driveways, autonomous zones and mustering to go shout at white people.

Agreeing with and supporting behavior that will get you killed is moronic. That truth of parents fearing for their black child interacting with police is a lie by omissions. They leave out the part where they tell their kid not to be in stolen cars, drunk/high or some other illegal act.

This still dosn't take into account the propensity of the blacks to act more violently when committing felonies, nor does It factor in the higher level of resistance to law enforcement when caught! They tend to fight with the LEO a hell of a lot more, resist arrest, don't follow instructions, and then they get shot, tazed, or beaten into submission a hell of a lot more!
Sure it does, I wrote that "black males in particular, commit violent felonies and homicides at vastly disproportionate (higher) rates vs. other races." Sort of all-inclusive but we agree, resisting arrest is more likely to result in a violent end.

Dude, this is reported in the Uniform Crime Reporting database - if you want the truth go dig like the newspaper reporters that initially broke the 'story' a few years back. The things I listed are a matter of established statistical fact.
Dude, I am highly familiar with the UCR. But it's never said what you originally said, to which I replied. What you said later is different.

Sure it does, I wrote that "black males in particular, commit violent felonies and homicides at vastly disproportionate (higher) rates vs. other races." Sort of all-inclusive but we agree, resisting arrest is more likely to result in a violent end.
That's probably part or all of it, but I can't say that is a fact. What IS a fact is they are ACCUSED of more crimes (usually but not always by other blacks) and this accusation then generates a disproportionate number of police interactions, because it's the actual job of the police to look into reported crime.

Once those interactions start, blacks are actually one of the safest demographics as far as being killed goes. Also, the total of 'unarmed' people of all types that were shot as a result of a police interaction is relatively tiny, with black people being fewer than 20 cases. This even not counting things like a vehicle as a weapon.

"As of the June 22 update, the Washington Post's database of fatal police shootings showed 14 unarmed Black victims and 25 unarmed white victims in 2019. The database does not include those killed by other means, like George Floyd." - USA Today

See also the Washington Post database ....

I'm not sure that you understand the data, wrt "blacks are actually one of the safest demographics as far as being killed goes" and a few other claims, not supported by the UCR or other sources.

Blacks are 12% of the population, black males are 6% +/- yet commit over 40% all homicides, just to pick that most egregious class of crime. Whites are 60% of the population, white males about 30% and commit a little over 40% of homicides, with hispanics/other making up the balance.

I provided the linked data earlier showing white may be close to twice as often killed by police (between 400-500 times per yr), but represent 5 times the total population as blacks.

For 2020 Whites are 53% of the homicide perpetrators, where race is known but 60% of the population, so are underrepresented as a percent of their demographic.

Blacks are 12% of the population, yet are responsible for 28% of all homicides for that year, very much overrepresented as a percent of their demographic.

Hispanics are 18% of the population and 19% of homicides, for 2020.

For all races, by far, most homicides are committed by those of the same race against members of their own race.

That's the data. Draw whatever conclusions you wish from it. But it clearly doesn't support your claim that "blacks are actually one of the safest demographics as far as being killed goes" The data shows the opposite.

That's easy, at least for the real BLM protesters and not the bubblegum stirrers. They want black people to stop being shot and killed at higher rates than white people during arrests or other interactions with police. They want police to stop assuming that they are more dangerous because of the color of their skin. I suppose until it looks like something is being done about that they're going to keep protesting.
There are two white people being shot by the police for every blank person. And if you would bother to read the FBI's statistics on violent crime you would find that more black people kill other black people than do white people. Apparently you believe everything the media tells you. Wrong. But thanks for playing.

I don't know where you get that information, but as to actual reality that thinking is rubbish.

I'm not sure that you understand the data, wrt "blacks are actually one of the safest demographics as far as being killed goes" and a few other claims, not supported by the UCR or other sources.
Oh, I'm pretty sure I do. I'm also pretty sure that's not a complete in context quote.

The relevant bit you didn't see (I'm assuming the best here) is that blacks are less likely to be killed once in an interaction with police. The reasons some demographics are more likely to be interacting with police are complex, but have little to do with predilections of the LEOs in question.

Obviously people who don't interact with police are ... well let's just go with really unlikely ... to die as a result of an interaction that never happened. Sort of like how people not struck by lightning are unlikely to be killed by being struck by lightning.

So what is/are BLM protesting then? Because the police, once engaged, are not more likely to kill a black person. This is, despite your protestations to the contrary, shown in multiple sources (WAPO DB for example) which are ultimately sourced mostly from the UCR.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top