JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Open to suggestion on anything better then 300 blackout for home defense. I mean it's a 30 cal with 30-60 capacity, in a small package (ar pistol, 20-24in overall length) with great penetration, stopping power, fantastic reliability and will be suppressed to top it off.
Well you can do what you're required to do in Washington state, you can run away like a little scared baby for fear of being prosecuted for defending yourself...

Yes that was meant to be sarcastic, Washington sucks!

Is there anything better then 300 blackout for home defense?

1674968347895.png
Nope.

Seems to me there is too much fuss about this caliber or that, this gun or that for HD. There are many capable tools and what's most important is how you think, and how you use it. If you can use it well and are smart about what you are doing most all of them will do the job well (mouse guns accepted probably). Shotgun, rifle, pcc, pistol (my least favorite choice but it's a tool in the toolbox) all will work.

Personally I would bet on the homeowner with a small 9mm that's harder to shoot (ie not an ideal choice for HD) but he is keeping the family secure behind him and setting himself up ina position of max advantage and least advantage for the crim, knows how to shoot and stay calm vs the guy bumbling down the stairs with a 12 gauge and the light on behind him so he's an easy silhouetted target.

I say whatever the tool is, be able to use it well and function well in the dark, half awake but adrenaline flowing etc. I will say don't go hunting for whatever you need, have whatever you need handy in the same place all the time so you can access it in the dark without thinking about it. Also be aware that use of body armor is more prevalent now so be prepared for it and if the perp(s) doesn't have it then no harm done (I'm talking about shot placement in terms of body armor, not using ammo with extra penetration, but ammo choice is up to each person and I don't want to get into that).

Most people think of inside the home for HD and that's the meaning I used in the above. However for me inside the home is the last resort. Cameras outside can warn your phone and should allow a perimeter defense or at the very least an assessment of the threat. Your dog can also alert you. When they are out there just your voice or a flashlight can be plenty to send them scurrying away (I have done both, but only one I knew was going to break in). That's a hell of a lot better result than letting the threat get near your family, having to use a gun, potential for unintended consequences, or legal trouble etc. Then next line of defense is when they are tying to get in. Inside the home is last line of defense. Certainly some guns lend themselves better for perimeter defense than others (Fe shotgun and rifle vs pistol). 2 cents...

Last Edited:
What does our politicians use?

Guess that means taxpayer money is the best home defense.

Someone breaks into my house they will be met with a 12ga 3 1/2inch #4 buck load. Pretty nasty stuff. I consistently kill coyotes out to 60 yards with 3inch #4 buck
#4 is ideal…. Get like 27 in a 2.75" how many in 3.5?…. They're like .25 cal too right? Or is it 19ea at .27 cal? Yeah yeah that sounds more like it

Well you can do what you're required to do in Washington state, you can run away like a little scared baby for fear of being prosecuted for defending yourself...

Yes that was meant to be sarcastic, Washington sucks!
Stand your ground/Castle law get a revision I didn't hear about?

Yea I agree WA sucks and is getting worse but last I heard you aren't at fault if someone's in your house with less then good intentions.

Stand your ground/Castle law get a revision I didn't hear about?

Yea I agree WA sucks and is getting worse but last I heard you aren't at fault if someone's in your house with less then good intentions.
Let me rephrase my comment, bla bla blu bla bla...

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads