JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This thing would be my go to now. 7" suppressed 12ga AR shotgun loaded with solid copper maker bullet slugs that expand to over 40mm 😁

20221206_200132.jpg

Impulse or fanboy buy perhaps? I got into 300BO for a small multitude of suppressed reasons. If you want to shoot supersonic 30 cal there are way better caliber options out there. I wouldn't hesitate to pick up a silenced SBR in a home defense situation but I'm pretty set on grabbing my 3 1/2" 12g with buck shot first.

"Better" is subjective. Better in what way? Ammo capacity? Ability to stop the threat in one shot? Accuracy? Ability to stop within the walls of home and not overpenetrate? Define what specific problem you're trying to solve and you'll find it's a lot easier to solve it.

I think .300 blk in a suppressed platform is ideal for home defense. The suggestion of frangible ammo is a good one as that round will go through a lot of walls.

Any non-suppressed firearm fired indoors is loud enough to potentially rupture eardrums.

Impulse or fanboy buy perhaps? I got into 300BO for a small multitude of suppressed reasons. If you want to shoot supersonic 30 cal there are way better caliber options out there. I wouldn't hesitate to pick up a silenced SBR in a home defense situation but I'm pretty set on grabbing my 3 1/2" 12g with buck shot first.
Clint Smith on Buckshot at close range:

Yeah….. that's it. Haaaaaaa 54 friggin pellets. I wanna see that hit something.
I just discovered these….slug and 3…..00 buck pellet behind.

View attachment 1355380
On average shot spreads 1" per meter traveled…. So maybe a 3-5" hole depending on your house? 0000 buck is largely regarded as the best compromise between stopping power and minimizing penetration of residential walls.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top