JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have had neck and shoulder injuries and find it makes a huge difference keeping the head up and not shrugging the shoulders on the ol' bod, especially after a 8, 10, 12 hour rifle class. I have been using the AP Micro version for a couple of years and absolutely love the height. Enough to buy their FAST optic riser for my EoTech equipped NV gun. Tall mounts are a must for passive aiming with NV and the 2.26" height works great for me with or without NV. Most of my 1/3 lower co-witness mounts have been replaced with 1.93" and taller mounts, can't ever see going back.

greyghost.jpg

Last Edited:
I recommend those as it gets the head up, and it keeps one from huntching over the rifle.
What's the reason for not huntching? These look like you wouldn't even put any part of your face on the stock at all. No way your cheeks touch the stock?

Arent these mostly for use with night vision?

What's the reason for not huntching? These look like you wouldn't even put any part of your face on the stock at all. No way your cheeks touch the stock?

Arent these mostly for use with night vision?
The first thing I usually encounter with rifle shooters, is the head being cocked over to get inline with the sight...be it scope, red dot etc. The sight needs to come to the eye, not the other way around. Unless there's some type of physical defect, everyone walks around with their head upright, not leaned over. So cant the rifler over a bit so the sight comes in alignment with the eye. In fact, the AR platform can be laid flat with the ejection port facing to the sky, and you'll be able to hit consistently out to 100-150 yards+...I demonstrate this in my Run the Gun Rifle course.

The higher scope / dot mount allows you to cant the rifle over to the eye without having it so far inboard and high up on the body.

Example...with a lower mount, I run the butt stock between center line and shoulder, with the just the lower 1/2 - 1/3 of the butt stock making contact...with the high mount, I can put the rifle a bit closer to the shoulder area, and drop the butt stock a bit to make more contact, while also having to have very little to no movement of the head to meet the optic.

The cheek will always be able to contact the stock...and yes it really helps when running NVGs passive through the optic as well.

As I've said...keep your head up, eyes down range...even when eating cake.

Cake2.jpg

Last Edited:
The first thing I usually encounter with rifle shooters, is the head being cocked over to get inline with the sight...be it scope, red dot etc. The sight needs to come to the eye, not the other way around. Unless there's some type of physical defect, everyone walks around with their head upright, not leaned over. So cant the rifler over a bit so the sight comes in alignment with the eye. In fact, the AR platform can be laid flat with the ejection port facing to the sky, and you'll be able to hit consistently out to 100-150 yards+...I demonstrate this in my Run the Gun Rifle course.

The higher scope / dot mount allows you to cant the rifle over to the eye without having it so far inboard and high up on the body.

Example...with a lower mount, I run the butt stock between center line and shoulder, with the just the lower 1/2 - 1/3 of the butt stock making contact...with the high mount, I can put the rifle a bit closer to the shoulder area, and drop the butt stock a bit to make more contact, while also having to have very little to no movement of the head to meet the optic.

...and yes it really helps when running NVGs passive through the optic as well.

As I've said...keep your head up, eyes down range...even when eating cake.

View attachment 1411070
If you can get a few pictures showing this I'm very interested in seeing this in action. I can not visualize it myself. I tend to like a cowitness height myself. 1/3rds are too high and these look way too high. I've never had formal rifle training so I'm not sure?

I'll see what I can do for pics...

Where you located...if close enough stop in, or if I'm traveling close to your area, have got no problem spending some time with you explaining and showing you the setup...no charge.

I'll see what I can do for pics...

Where you located...if close enough stop in, or if I'm traveling close to your area, have got no problem spending some time with you explaining and showing you the setup...no charge.
I'm out in Banks OR.

I have had neck and shoulder injuries and find it makes a huge difference keeping the head up and not shrugging the shoulders on the ol' bod, especially after a 8, 10, 12 hour rifle class. I have been using the AP Micro version for a couple of years and absolutely love the height. Enough to buy their FAST optic riser for my EoTech equipped NV gun. Tall mounts are a must for passive aiming with NV and the 2.26" height works great for me with or without NV. Most of my 1/3 lower co-witness mounts have been replaced with 1.93" and taller mounts, can't ever see going back.

View attachment 1409444
Very nice to know and and thank you for mentioning. I'm trying to get one for my AR15. I thought I should start with something that is not expensive yet so I would know what exactly what I should need and not need before I drop anything above $450. The first reason is my eyes are not as good as before...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top