JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Andy could you tell me what two screw mount is used on a marlin 81 - 22. As a kid I remember the mount and I still have the rifle. The mount through time has moved on to some unknown location
What era model 81 ...?
Post war rifles (Mid to late 1950's and later ) seem to have grooves for "tip off" mounts and rings...
A quick look at Weaver scopes in my books show no two screw mounts for that series of rifles...there are some two screw mounts for the Marlin model 80 ( pre-war )
I'll check again in a bit...
Andy

I am putting together a fn commercial mauser in 7mm mauser and a rebuilt k4 resides on it
After weaver closed a guy down in Texas was repairing them and I had two done. Both were k4's. The one on that 7mm is in pristine shape.

What era model 81 ...?
Post war rifles (Mid to late 1950's and later ) seem to have grooves for "tip off" mounts and rings...
A quick look at Weaver scopes in my books show no two screw mounts for that series of rifles...there are some two screw mounts for the Marlin model 80 ( pre-war )
I'll check again in a bit...
Andy
It is an early 81 - I believe it to be 1937.

These are on the Marksman - I bleeve it made of some kind of high-strength alloy - it is not steel - but being lightweight implies that it was made for a rimfire. I guess I'm not up to knowing much about the history of these fine scopes.

upload_2019-5-5_17-21-4.png

Here you can see the profile....

upload_2019-5-5_17-22-37.png

Andy could you tell me what two screw mount is used on a marlin 81 - 22. As a kid I remember the mount and I still have the rifle. The mount through time has moved on to some unknown location

This is my 40's vintage 81DL. This is not the original Weaver mount, but I have that, too.
Marlin.jpg

It looks like the Weaver KV model scope was made from 1950-1964.

It appears that some earlier Weaver scopes came with mounts already attached...( 1940's era )
Most of the Weaver scope mounts and rings that I have in my books...show screws of some sort to remove the mounts , rings or scope...Maybe the mount and rings weren't a Weaver product...?
Can you post a picture...that may help out here...?
Andy

I slipped the rear ring off after removing the eyepiece. Front ring is trapped by the turret and front bell.
The rear ring is definitely old as it has "pats. pend." on it. The rifle is a 1941 M70 Win
old-weaver-1-1.jpg

old-weaver-1-2.jpg

Last Edited:
I slipped the rear ring off after removing the eyepiece. Front ring is trapped by the turret and front bell.
The rear ring is definitely old as it has "pats. pend." on it. The rifle is a 1941 M70 Win
View attachment 576575

View attachment 576576

Those are older Weaver rings for sure...pre -war -early post war make.
They were made to go on once and not be removed.
You gently bent the ring around the scope and formed it to fit...not the most user friendly of rings.
Andy

One last thing on the KV Weaver I have.

It's an interesting scope. Being on a 1941 M70 and having the install once solid Weaver rings, it must be quite old. The scope is clear after I cleaned it up. Even cleaned inside the eyepiece. The power change works perfect. And once centered, the crosshairs look real good.

This will now be in my cool stuff collection.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top