JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Trying to jump into the suppressor thing doing my research and mulling all the usual problems. The problem I didn't expect to encounter it's going down my list of suppressors they all appear to be sold out but one. Is it normal to settle for what's available or is it check the site every morning for a year till It comes avail then wait for another year to get it?

Seems to be hit and miss, depending on which brand you are looking for. Keep checking, it will happen.

What cans are you looking at?
Surefire rc2
Aero ?? Lahar
Silencerco hybrid 45
Q trash panda
Yhm r45
But I know almost nothing. I like the idea of the surefires being built like a tank as I like to by once cry once.

What is your most likely intended use? I.E.- Hunting, general shooting.....etc.

What is your most likely host?
General shooting. I realize I'm probably going to need two cans. I'm leaning towards the surefire RC 2 in 762 So I could bounce between 308 and 556, Then another can in 46 caliber that would run 9 and 458 Since that is the only two calibers I have that would actually suppress well

General shooting. I realize I'm probably going to need two cans. I'm leaning towards the surefire RC 2 in 762 So I could bounce between 308 and 556, Then another can in 46 caliber that would run 9 and 458 Since that is the only two calibers I have that would actually suppress well
Here is a photo for a size comparison of the RC2 7.62 to the RC2 5.56.
ui-sh_shhh.png

Fairly easy to find a RC2 7.62. Just head to a shop that has electronic permission submission to get the process underway.

Here is a RC2 5.56

No experience with the others mentioned in your list. Here are some "In Stock" links.

Last Edited:
Good, well reasoned choices.

I have a Hybrid 46. Really more of a rifle can that is able to be used on pistols, but it's really too heavy for that roll. I would take a hard look at Yankee Hill's pistol caliber offerings. Heck, check out their rifle caliber offerings while your at it.

Depending on your host(s), you may also do some research on "flow through" and "Low Back Pressure" suppressors for your long guns. Gas in the face is a real thing with some hosts.

I would also recommend a dedicated rimfire suppressor. I think you will find it getting a lot of use!

It is nice that we have so many choices these days, but it is tiresome at times sifting through all the info to make what will likely be a lifetime purchase.

In the end however, it is well worth it!

Best regards.

WMB

I have not encountered suppressors being sold out but then I'm still fairly new, have 1 currently, 1 in jail, and 1 more I plan to order in the next month or so.

Have a Rugged Oculus 22 currently.

The one in Jail is the Rugged Alaskan 360 which is the Rifle can good to 338 lapua and 9mm and smaller.

The one on the future buy is the Rugged Obsidian 45 which is good even to 45-70.

Fell in love with the Rugged Cans, they are rated to handle far more that what they are built for. My Oculus 22 is rated belt fed 22lr but also works up to 5.7x28.

If you want a .46 can, get a dead air primal. Silencer shop has them in stock. I own one and it's my general go to for 5.56, .308, 6.5 and .45

It's not super awesome at sound suppression ala hotdog down a hallway, but it is pretty good at just about everything. Rated up to .338 lapua energies

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top