JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just out of curiousity what do you guys do when you catch someone pointing a rifle at you, or glassing you from afar with their gun?

I'm new to this all and will be going out by myself a couple of times throughout the season so to help the wife not worry as much I bought a blaze orange jacket and an blaze orange OSU hat.

BillCH, I haven't drawn a tag in 2 years. Have never drawn a doe tag since they did away with hunter choice at end of season. And Oregon wonders why hunters are discourged. It cost nearly $60 for a combo hunting and fishing license and another $8 per tag draw and little chance of getting one.

Shouldn't need to buy a license to put in for a draw. If successful, the tag should be the license as it is in common sense states.

When it happened to me I went off on the guy and started yelling at him so he knew I wasn't a deer, idiot........... still makes me mad just thinking about it. KNOW WHAT YOUR POINTING YOU'RE RIFLES AT PEOPLE ! Theres noooooooooooooo excuse for that at all....... :mad:

Just out of curiousity what do you guys do when you catch someone pointing a rifle at you, or glassing you from afar with their gun?

it's never happened to me, thank God, for him.

i'd immediately take cover, and depending on his actions in the next 5 or so seconds, attempt to make contact or engage. he's got a bead on you from a fixed firing position- there's no point trying to bring your weapon up and engage, 'cause you'll be dead before you get a sight picture. take cover, try to conceal your movement, and creep back into a line of sight in a random location. get a sight picture, and holler. if he doesn't immediately stand down, engage.

i'd probably just go ahead and engage at that point either way- if he's still glassing my AO, after observing me observe him and take cover- he's made his intent clear.

DO NOT EVER GLASS ANOTHER HUMAN BEING, PEOPLE. NEVER, EVER, EVER. not only is it unsafe, it's illegal. not only is it illegal, it's quite possible to get you killed.

I think Hunters should wear Blazing Orange, with a little bell on their hat...and every 20 minutes should blare a gas powered survival horn to notify other hunters of their presence, a strobe light might be a good idea as well. Safety first.

My uncle gets his animal every time he goes out. I don't know of one time he hasn't. He wears that orange camo they sell and paints his face and stuff with a mixture of camo colors and orange. He believes that the camo just needs to break up your outline, and with animals color dosent matter. Seems to work for him, and he is bright as ****!

My uncle gets his animal every time he goes out. I don't know of one time he hasn't. He wears that orange camo they sell and paints his face and stuff with a mixture of camo colors and orange. He believes that the camo just needs to break up your outline, and with animals color dosent matter. Seems to work for him, and he is bright as ****!

it works fine- but there's plenty of us that are more concerned with getting shot deliberately than they are about getting shot accidentally. orange is counter-productive for that.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top