JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I worked at SeaTac right after Dan Cooper(DB ONLY exists in the minds of the Media) did his thing and Glancing in Somebodies Luggage and checking that the right person gets their Luggage was plenty good enough! Now you have to take off your Shoes so a TSA can look at them! TSA doesn't know what they are looking at so...

If I/we can't drive there I don't go.

We have a jackwagon 21yo at work who I don't think ever learned to shave. He looks dirty and claims to be poor like it's cool, yet he already owns a house and is looking to buy another. Poor my rear end! Arrogant to boot yet totally unskilled. Makes my generation look absolutely awful and I resent him and people like him for it :mad:
A house at 21!? How the bubblegum? I dont even have enough credit to put payments on an iphone none the less a privlaged bubblegum house!

As far as the topic is concerned, screw suits. When im "going out" i wear jeans boots white t and throw on my A2 jacket. Consequently thats also me "dressing up". Normaly youll find me in a carhart sweatshirt jeans and leather vans or leather chuck taylors. All stars remain the best looking shoes ever designed IMO.
Keep the clothes simple, plain colors and let the shoes shine

And thats fine, but people under 40 seem to try to look homeless. Not casual, but homeless.
Well Since I am a teacher and its still summer....I have no class...:p:D

While I don't think that everyone needs to go around around town in a suit and tie or a dress...
Clean clothes and good hygiene is a must .

Should you dress to fit into the occasion...yes indeed...
My usual of faded jeans , boots and a flannel is great ...but not for every time and place.
Andy
You are singin my song, Mr. Andy.

Had a young guy in my office that came in looking like that, told him to go home and clean up as we deal with clients everyday. He whined and asked "What happened to not judging a book by it's cover?"
I asked him how he doesn't step in dog crap? Point is everyone judges certain things, like how not to step in a pile of poo.

Clean up, have some pride, pin your shoulders back and start giving a damn. ;)
Not judging a book by its cover? LMFAO. Judging people by their appearance is a basic BIOLOGICAL mechanism. Its called threat assessment. What a moron.
Next time you see em you should put on a maga hat, if he sais anything tell em "what happened to not judging a book by its cover":s0112:

Then...
D974826F-ACA2-4C61-A983-2C5A00AA6821.jpeg

...and now.
77DDD3BB-18BA-4474-96C2-4BE84F95E5EF.jpeg

I have some funny sayings about modern fashion:

Ink above the collar, minimum wage baller.

And for those plugs people put in their ears:
The bigger the gauge, the lower the wage.

It's been awhile and this one still bugs me. I was a job coach for separating military returning from deployment (helped 1000+ vets find work). Very appreciative clientele and very rewarding.

Then I left DoD and worked for the State helping civilians. What a difference. One requirement to collect weekly Unemployment Insurance was for recipients to keep a simple list of job applications (online, dropped off, completely fictitious, whatever - minimum 3 per week), or attend any short How-To class in lieu of an application (Resumes, Interviews, Networking, Online Apps, etc.).

Standard uniform for many of the gals ("Perennials" I called them) was a hoody or hubby's jacket, flip-flops, and pajama bottoms showing the back of a thong. I'd kick off the class and start to introduce myself. EVERY SINGLE TIME... some identical looking hoody-chick with obvious bed-head would jam a hand in the air and interrupt me... "How long do we have to be here? Do we get a smoke break?"

Last Edited:
I was trying to explain this to my daughter when she was in college (she now works for me - 'nuther story).

When discussing this very topic, she took the 'don't judge a book by it's cover' line, to which I replied, "It may very well be that people with extensive body art may be thoughtful and productive workers. However, we run a company that handles real estate, and buying and selling property is a very stressful time for some people. So if the first face someone sees coming into our office looks like it is attached to someone that fell headfirst into a tacklebox, that does not do much to calm the nerves."

There is a time a place for everything...

Where at one time and place a good old fashioned FU works really well...
At another time and place a : Please enjoy a intimate relationship with yourself..is a much better choice of words.

The artful use of colorful , coarse and crass language was perfectly executed by my Drill Sergeants...
Hopefully me and my actions while in basic , provided a wellspring of more examples to use...:eek::D
Andy

There is a time a place for everything...

Where in at one time and place a good old fashioned FU works really well...
At another time and place a : Please enjoy a intimate relationship with yourself..is a much better choice of words.

The artful use of colorful , coarse and crass language was perfectly executed by my Drill Sergeants...
Hopefully me and my actions while in basic , provided a wellspring of more examples to use...:eek::D
Andy
Personally, in verbose company I prefer the "perform an anatomically impossible act of self-sodomization" riff on the theme... though there are some times, even in White Tie and Tails occasions, where a four-letter Two-by-Four Between the Eyes is warranted.

The game, of course, is having the Critical Thinking skills to analyze the situation and know when to stick to the norm for the situation and when to adopt Extraordinary Measures for Extraordinary Conditions. I don't care if the dude making a pass at my girlfriend at the cocktail party is POTUS himself, he's getting F-Bombed...

I'm always casual. I don't own anything dressed up that I'm aware of.

I am uncomfortable in wound up formal situations and would rather be first bumping with bums under the bridge than sitting in a suit somewhere.

A feller gotta take pride in him self and his place in the world! I dress for the situation, usually keep the Tactical Beard trimmed and always clean as a whistle! Clothing is usually nice jeans and nice boots and a nice Tee Shirt, or if it's colder, a nice Flannel or a nice Columbia Sportswear jacket for wintertime! If the wife and I are going out, its nice Trousers, Stacy or Aldo Shoes, and a nice Button Up shirt and vintage wool Sports Coat, Cowboy Cut! I can wear a three piece suit easy and comfortably, but I don't work in a business where that is needed any longer, so I only keep a few suits for special occasions!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top