JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Who'd a thunk it?

I never was a huge Monty Python fan. There is a thread on Gunboards of various Monty Python skits I've been looking at. Even though I'm not ga-ga for him, I can appreciate how hilarious his stuff can be.
This one seems to be appropriate to current times.

Monty-Pythons-Flying-Circus-Liam-Lusk-web.png

Even though I'm not ga-ga for him them, I can appreciate how hilarious his their stuff can be.
It's not a pronoun thing. LOL Monty Python was the name of the comedy team, not a person. Common mistake.

Some of their stuff was quite funny ("Monty Python and the Holy Grail", for instance). "The Life of Brian" had it's moments. Some of their stuff was just awful. I did not find the TV show very amusing. Maybe it's the British sense of humor, or maybe it was just dumb. IDK.

It's not a pronoun thing. LOL Monty Python was the name of the comedy team, not a person. Common mistake.

Some of their stuff was quite funny ("Monty Python and the Holy Grail", for instance). "The Life of Brian" had it's moments. Some of their stuff was just awful. I did not find the TV show very amusing. Maybe it's the British sense of humor, or maybe it was just dumb. IDK.
0_X2RIVVAY-KPiTVpT.jpg

Monty python predicted the internet.

View attachment 1781686

Monty python predicted the internet.
They predicted the insanity Mikej is referring to as well, although at the time they realized how ridiculous the concept is and presented it as satire. Somehow we've reached the point where it's presented as fact in schools. Best line in that scene is "symbolic of his struggle against reality".

Nice play man! :s0114: You're so right! I'm not big on British humor. But revisiting some of it after a lot of years not watching, was quite refreshing, and more funny than I ever thought way back. Looks like the last time they were together was 1989 ish? A little reading finds me posts on a couple of sites saying how terrible people think they were. I'm guessing those would be the new "Wokie's"? In other words, morons.

I think it was Cleese(?) who said he thought their satire against transsexualism "did not age well." Au contraire sir, it has aged incredibly well, and you do a disservice to humanity by cutting it out of reruns and remakes. "Symbolic of his struggle against reality" indeed.

Recently the wife and I went to a showing of Monty Python and the Holy Grail at the local cinema. Still cracked us up all these years later. (And the steak dinner after was nice too.) :D

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews