JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I had a buyer in Illinois who insisted on sending the gun to his friend who he said is a dealer. This so called dealer will not give any proof that he is a licensed dealer. It appears that they are responding to numerous gun ads so at first I was thinking that it was an ATF sting operation, but because of the threats they use it seems like it would be considered entrapment if they prosecuted. Just curious if these are illegal weapons dealers or just an isolated case.

Blitzkrieg, I was thinking the same thing since they have ties to both law enforcement and military.

When I didn't want to ship to his guy he had numerous threats including physical, legal, and retaliation.

Blitzkrieg, I was thinking the same thing since they have ties to both law enforcement and military.

When I didn't want to ship to his guy he had numerous threats including physical, legal, and retaliation.

How were the "threats" delivered ? IM. email , phone ? As you have the buyers details, pass them on to law enforcement

Could just be a scam being tried by some crackheads from Illinois, send a bad money order and get a free firearm sent illegally. I doubt that the guy even has a friend let alone being a dealer. If the friend was a dealer he would know to send a copy of his FFL as proof if asked to do so before having a private party send it. If this was for a handgun he would have to send proof of license to your FFL anyway. The BATF scenario sounds iffy but Illinois is known for iffy gun laws and polititions........

Federal law says that I can only ship across state lines to a dealer, shipping to a FOID holder would not meet this requirement.

I started this thread with 2 purposes in mind.

1. To help educate firearm sellers that it is their responsibility that the laws are followed. The only way to ensure that you are shipping to a dealer is if you have a copy of their FFL so that you can verify their name, address, and license.

2. For my curiosity, is there an organized effort to accumulate firearms that are only traceable to the original purchaser?

yes.. i have, in fact, recently had several people from BAN STATES want me to circumvent federal or state laws. i had a guy from IL who offered me more than my asking price to ship a rifle to his home address- are you freaken kidding me? but he didn't make any threats when i told him to pound sand. i had a guy from NYC want me to send him a complete NFA upper loaded with evil features.. and the last one was a guy who wanted to pay extra shipping for me to split a rifle in two, sending the lower to his FFL and the non-compliant upper to his cali address.

these states DO attempt to entrap out-of-state sellers by getting them to violate their states' laws. NY is notorious for this. do not do business with people in anti-gun states- it's just not worth the risk. you have no idea what's illegal and what's not- but you DO know that MOST things are illegal.

I had a buyer in Illinois who insisted on sending the gun to his friend who he said is a dealer. This so called dealer will not give any proof that he is a licensed dealer. It appears that they are responding to numerous gun ads so at first I was thinking that it was an ATF sting operation, but because of the threats they use it seems like it would be considered entrapment if they prosecuted. Just curious if these are illegal weapons dealers or just an isolated case.

If this guy is on NWFA please PM me his username. That goes for anyone who has had a member blatantly asking you to break firearms laws.

I think the FOID suggestion was just to verify who this jerk is and that he really could buy it legally from his "FFL buddy". But you are not going to send the gun anyway, so..

I agree you should try to mess this guy up before he gets some unwitting gun seller in a lot of trouble

Could very well be Cartel smugglers/gang bangers looking for heaters. There are quite a few of them in the US military these days

Could very well be Cartel smugglers/gang bangers looking for heaters. There are quite a few of them in the US military these days

I wouldn't be very wise to give out any person information on these guys, but I can say that they definitively have military and law enforcement connections.

I wouldn't be very wise to give out any person information on these guys, but I can say that they definitively have military and law enforcement connections.

Some La Raza/Atzlan/Cartel types have become embedded in LE, and a LOT of them are in the military or are veterans. They take their training with them, out here to use as revolutionaries, gang member muscle or paid Cartel thugs

Again if they did this on this forum, give the mod their handle so he can at least remove them

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: This forum has numerous ATF agents on it that try this crap. Everyone would be very wise to keep on the straight and narrow when selling around here. I personally wouldn't ship a firearm EVER without a copy of the FFL in hand.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: This forum has numerous ATF agents on it that try this crap. Everyone would be very wise to keep on the straight and narrow when selling around here. I personally wouldn't ship a firearm EVER without a copy of the FFL in hand.

I've said the same thing repeatedly, I'm not the paranoid conspiracy theory type but I mean why wouldn't they be here?

I recently had a cheap pistol for sale here and had a lot of PM response, 6 different people said they would take it in PM's and after I asked them if they were Oregon residents, over 21 and could legally own/purchase a firearm in the state of Oregon I never heard from any of these guys again, 6 different people? All were under 10 posts and new here so seller beware.

I've said the same thing repeatedly, I'm not the paranoid conspiracy theory type but I mean why wouldn't they be here?

I recently had a cheap pistol for sale here and had a lot of PM response, 6 different people said they would take it in PM's and after I asked them if they were Oregon residents, over 21 and could legally own/purchase a firearm in the state of Oregon I never heard from any of these guys again, 6 different people? All were under 10 posts and new here so seller beware.

now that you mention it, it seems like i've had more than a few of these less obvious probes as well... a guy in WA who claimed he didn't need an FFL for a rifle receiver transfer (i'm still not straight on the law on that, despite so many people claiming FFLs are needed for ALL interstate firearm transfers- either way, my personal policy is to not do it), but backed out when i, surprise surprise, insisted on FFL. and i've had a number of "i'll take it's" for a revolver i have listed here, none of which have panned out.

maybe there really IS a lot of that kind of bullbubblegum going on. watch your p's and q's, gentlemen... a simplem purely innocent slip can get you into a world of trouble.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top