JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I purchased a bunch of magazines on Election Day. They arrived in Portland on Thursday night and haven't moved since. Fed Ex has said my package is delayed and has no expected delivery date. Is anyone else having this problem? I thought we had until the 8th. I really hope they don't get confiscated.

I purchased a bunch of magazines on Election Day. They arrived in Portland on Thursday night and haven't moved since. Fed Ex has said my package is delayed and has no expected delivery date. Is anyone else having this problem? I thought we had until the 8th. I really hope they don't get confiscated.
I hope you used a credit card.

Fedex does that all the time around here. Give it another couple days, then file a claim if they don't arrive.

Their drivers are too bubblegumin lazy to deliver to rural locations on days they don't have a few other packages in the area as well.

Fedex Ground is ran through contracted companies. They well ... operate under different standards :) I have had packages go out for delivery 5 days in a row before. Fedex 2nd and higher goes through actual Fedex employees. I actually trust USPS and UPS more in our area.

Their Troutdale facility is a black hole from which packages eventually emerge. I've had stuff delayed there for up to a week, gun and non-gun stuff alike.

Fedex does that all the time around here. Give it another couple days, then file a claim if they don't arrive.

Their drivers are too bubblegumin lazy to deliver to rural locations on days they don't have a few other packages in the area as well.
I'd suggest that it's NOT the drivers discretion, rather management try to be efficient.
Given the high cost of fuel id
bet that you would do similar.

I got a PA shipment that was sent via Fed Ex three MONTHS late. The shipping problem is the vendor's not the recipient, and PA replaced my stuff at about two weeks late and no change in tracking status.

You need to remember a couple things. The carriers are ramping up for the big rush, hiring temps right now. Add to that so many could not fill the jobs they already had open. This leads to "problems". I have a case of ammo floating around right now with UPS. Was supposed to be here Thursday.I get a notification that "we tried to deliver and the business was closed." I called and got someone in India. Lots of neither of us being able to understand each other as I am telling him I don't know where your driver was trying but we are not closed and my camera's show he was never here. Call ended with the drone telling me someone would call me back. Sure enough about an hour later I get a call from someone local. Asks me again about the address, same one they have. I tell the guy I checked my camera's your driver was never here so where is he trying to deliver? Lots of apologies,driver is going to try to make it today, if not will Friday. So Friday package shows out for delivery will be here by 7:00 pm. At 10PM its still showing this same message. About an hour later the message changed to we will let you know as soon as possible when the delivery will come. 🤬
The only upside is I did of course pay with plastic, and its from SG. Every time I buy from him I pay the few bucks for his delivery insurance too. So next week if it has not surfaced I will have to call him and say well send me another case free and we will see if they can manage to deliver it. 🤬

Their Troutdale facility is a black hole from which packages eventually emerge. I've had stuff delayed there for up to a week, gun and non-gun stuff alike.
There is an entire thread on reddit with people complaining about the Troutdale FedEx "Black Hole" sort facility. At times, packages just seem to sit there for days on end without moving. I've experienced it.

My father in laws mags are in the same limbo. I'll ask em in the morning if they've moved yet.
He was asking me a couple days ago why they would be stuck in Portland also,,, Seems sus to me

Though it was holiday on Friday

It's there system. They can a barcode on the trailer and it uploads all of the packages in that truck to the location. The trailer then waits in queue to be unloaded. Currently from what I've heard from some folks still at FedEx is that most locations are at least 5-10 trailers behind on a daily basis. It will likely get worse if they can't find seasonal workers.

In other words, your mags are sitting in a trailer waiting to be unloaded sorted and saved in a delivery truck.

I'm not buying much online this year as shipping these days isn't what it was. I know that doesn't help with gun stuff as everyone local is out of stock.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top