JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I could have received the shot already but have no desire to get it, for many of the reasons already mentioned, but it boils down to this.
You're not an immunologist so nobody cares about your armchair opinion gathered from who knows where. Post an actual link to a peer reviewed study about these so called "dangers". Nobody here has because nobody can... it doesn't exist.

There is plenty of peer reviewed data about the vaccines, their safety and efficacy: https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2034577

I'm surprised so many people here read the same old anti-vax conspiracy theories and accept it as truth without a critical thought of their own.

You have a less than 1% chance of dying in a car accident. Do you wear a seatbelt?

Brazil, India and Mexico are #2, 3, and 4 in total deaths. Is that 3rd world enough for you?

Do you even read the stuff you post before posting it?

India isn't a really a great example to prove your point because they actually have a remarkably low death rate. But I'm sure you know all about that.

Pretty convenient the flu just disappeared. it must have been from all the people getting vaccinated for over a decade.

Huh, how bout that? I really didn't know that vaccines were to made to take viruses off the face of the earth. I thought vaccines were to protect against infection. Thanx for sharing your amazing insight!!

Rotary International had an immense effort to stamp out polio around the world. It almost worked by starving the virus reservoirs of hosts needed to replicate. But there always remains an unvaccinated host population and polio is on the rise again. Same thing happens with Ebola going away for awhile. Smallpox is unseen around the world today, but the virus still exists in labs and could be used by a bioterrorist... just like Covid 19.

Last Edited:
You're not an immunologist so nobody cares about your armchair opinion gathered from who knows where. Post an actual link to a peer reviewed study about these so called "dangers". Nobody here has because nobody can... it doesn't exist.

There is plenty of peer reviewed data about the vaccines, their safety and efficacy: https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2034577

I'm surprised so many people here read the same old anti-vax conspiracy theories and accept it as truth without a critical thought of their own.

You have a less than 1% chance of dying in a car accident. Do you wear a seatbelt?
That's great. You're an advocate of the vaccine. You're ok with the basic premise of "well, we don't know what will happen if you get our vaccine, you may or may not get coronavirus, you may or may not be able to spread it, but you really should take it even though we don't exactly know what the outcome will be. And you need to keep wearing your face mask anyways, maybe even 2or more because, hey, we're just going with the science. Maybe. Kinda"

That's great. You're an advocate of the vaccine. You're ok with the basic premise of "well, we don't know what will happen if you get our vaccine, you may or may not get coronavirus, you may or may not be able to spread it, but you really should take it even though we don't exactly know what the outcome will be. And you need to keep wearing your face mask anyways, maybe even 2or more because, hey, we're just going with the science. Maybe. Kinda"
Who's premise is that? Your own made up one, or one backed by research you can link?

It's so much simpler than that. All my life, if you got vaccinated, it meant you won't get whatever it was you were being vaccinated against.

That's never been 100% true.

Polio vax was termed to be 99% effective. But flu vax is only somewhere between 27%-83% (trivalent and live attenuated). https://www.who.int/influenza_vaccines_plan/resources/Session4_VEfficacy_VEffectiveness.PDF

The two mRNA vaccines were 95%-96% effective in their studies. The J&J vaccine (adenovirus 26 method) is somewhere between 50% and 67% effective.

Vaccine efficacy measures how well a vaccine worked at preventing disease during a well-managed clinical trial. The number is an estimate, designed to give a general sense of how good shot protection may be.

To reach it, researchers look at all the people in a vaccine trial who get sick during the study period. They then quantify what percentage of them were vaccinated or not. Both Moderna and Pfizer said that roughly 95% of the people who got sick with COVID-19 during their trials had not received vaccines, while 5% had.

That does not mean that a vaccine is going to be 95% effective at stamping out all disease, even the asymptomatic kind. It does not mean that 5% of vaccinated people globally will get sick. And it does not mean that, once you are fully vaccinated, you have a 5% risk of getting COVID-19.

At best, it provides a temporary snapshot, a vaccine maker's rough estimate as to how well their vaccine will perform at curbing symptomatic infections in the general public, based on just a few months worth of trial data.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/me...acy-rates-of-coronavirus-vaccines/ar-BB1bjwJx

Who's premise is that? Your own made up one, or one backed by research you can link?

You can't make this crap up.

Really, you have not seen the official statements that are EVERYWHERE, about how the experts think we need to keep wearing masks because they don't know what the outcome of the vaccine is? How about you show us the research that says vaccinated people don't need to wear a face mask? My statements are easily supported by even the most casual Google search. No conspiracies needed.

BTW I'm no anti-vaxxer, I just don't see why people need to be taking the vaccine if we all need to keep complying with the lockdown. There's absolutely no plans in place to allow people to get back to normal. It's all up to the whims of our politicians depending where you live.

Apparently 85% of us don't need it anyway? To me that actually seems like the most cautious approach, or maybe I'm just too paranoid and ignorant about our cutting edge but improperly tested vaccine

Since this thing first started, I've been in favor of vulnerable people like me being the ones that self-quarantine, wear masks, etc. Why place the burden on others?

The problem being that we tend to think in terms of things we already know... the seasonal flu has a death rate, but has not been termed a pandemic. The Spanish Flu was indeed a pandemic. The major risk with Covid is the infection of people that don't are unsymptomatic, but MAY be able to pass the virus. We really don't know yet.

I've been in favor of flu vaccinations because I'm also high risk of mortality for that if I get it. Herd immunity will help me. But the flu vax is known to be harmless except for the occasional allergic reaction. Yet I sure wouldn't force people to take it.

Sooo, take the covid vax or not. We seem to be reaching herd immunity anyway with large numbers of people having been exposed w/o becoming seriously ill.

That's never been 100% true.

Polio vax was termed to be 99% effective. But flu vax is only somewhere between 27%-83% (trivalent and live attenuated). https://www.who.int/influenza_vaccines_plan/resources/Session4_VEfficacy_VEffectiveness.PDF

The two mRNA vaccines were 95%-96% effective in their studies. The J&J vaccine (adenovirus 26 method) is somewhere between 50% and 67% effective.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/me...acy-rates-of-coronavirus-vaccines/ar-BB1bjwJx

I like arguing with that new guy who's rude to everyone, but not with you. I like you. I'm going to try to keep this more like a discussion.

I was speaking in generalities. I agree that no cure or vaccine is ever 100% effective. They're made by humans. The figures you quoted notwithstanding, we've been told by Fauci that you can still get the China Virus even if you get vaccinated, so you still have to wear masks and social distance. Meanwhile SD has never locked down, FL has eased restrictions and neither has seen significant increases. A flue with a 99.96% survival rate and our leaders are acting like it's an extinction event.

Also this (totally different part of the issue, I know, but please read it) :

FL eased restrictions in September 2020 when the average case count was 2,500 per day. They rose steadily and peaked in January 2021 at 20,000 cases per day. That's a 700% increase. Do you even check the facts before you type?

I thought I saw a comparison to California, a state of similar tourist numbers during that time period, that show identical numbers despite the more strict lockdowns in CA vs FL.

BC1962A2-B3ED-486E-B9DE-82E8361E6D9A.jpeg

FL eased restrictions in September 2020 when the average case count was 2,500 per day. They rose steadily and peaked in January 2021 at 20,000 cases per day. That's a 700% increase. Do you even check the facts before you type?

Umm which paralleled the trends in many other states with much more restrictive lockdowns and mandates.

I like arguing with that new guy who's rude to everyone, but not with you. I like you. I'm going to try to keep this more like a discussion.

I was speaking in generalities. I agree that no cure or vaccine is ever 100% effective. They're made by humans. The figures you quoted notwithstanding, we've been told by Fauci that you can still get the China Virus even if you get vaccinated, so you still have to wear masks and social distance. Meanwhile SD has never locked down, FL has eased restrictions and neither has seen significant increases. A flue with a 99.96% survival rate and our leaders are acting like it's an extinction event.

Also this (totally different part of the issue, I know, but please read it) :

Good deal.

Coupla things:

IMO it is worth noting that despite the survival rate, far more have died worldwide from Covid 19 than from seasonal flu in the past (2.5M Cov19 first year total vs 200k-650k yearly flu), and we haven't seen anything like it since the Spanish Flu (50M-100M). This is the pandemic the docs have worried about for the last few decades. It's not the apocalypse, but it ain no picnic either. They knew it was coming, but did nothing to prevent it besides holding meetings. And the prez that presided over the swine flu disaster didn't replenish PPE supplies in the system.

Can't read it right now, but I will be sure to take the time later. If it says what I think it will say, that the death rate is much lower than made out to be, I will agree with that statement.

As far as speaking in generalities, I took what you wrote at face value and attempted to be informative, sorry. I like to blab.

Yeah, da Fuch is a douchebag. He says one thing, then just the opposite. The applicable studies resulted in 5% of the vaccinated contracting the disease. IMO with a 99.9% survival rate, that is NOT worth continuing draconian measures. Esp in the light of us beginning to achieve herd immunity. But why should Americans listen to ANYTHING he has to say? And I think what he said is problematic if they need younger people to be willing to take the vaccine. Younger people that have a 99.9+% survival rate, asked/browbeat/bribed/scared into taking an experimental vaccine, and then STILL have to wear a face diaper, lockdown, not able to work, social distance, can't go to bars, etc. I don't think that's gonna work.

Just mi dos centavos...

Last Edited:
Because not everyone is getting on board with lockdowns or masks.

I don't know what you see. I only know what I see and experience.

A) I have not seen my best friend that lives 10 minutes away for a year because he's afraid of a virus that is almost guaranteed not to kill him or anybody in his family.
B) I live in Vancouver, when I leave then virtually every person I see is wearing a mask. Including the people jogging by themselves. On an extremely rare occasion, I'll see somebody in public without a mask. So rare, it stands out. And I'm talking maybe 20 people total in 9 months. Very rare.
C) For months I could not go out to eat and sit at a restaurant. Last summer we went out to eat in spokane and even though we had 6 people who live in the same house we were told we had to sit at 2 different tables because 5 person limit.
D) When I do go out, people take precaution to distance. You know how occasionally out in public sometimes you might accidentally bump into someone. "Oh, sorry" ... when was the last time that happened? Been a year for me because people are cautious about "social distance" and aware of proximity to others.
E) restaurants are limited to 25% capacity and for awhile you could only eat inside a tent outside? (Except in pdx, the restaurants there you could eat inside inside because behind security there was no outside access ... no staff wipes those tables or chairs down between flights either. Go fly somewhere and look for yourself)
F) Few weeks ago I was in sioux falls, SD. Restaurants open at 100% capacity. As in, there were people sitting in the booth next to us. Some people wore masks, most don't. Even in the secure part of the airport there were people not wearing masks. Including security. There is a mandate in the city, but not enforced, not even by the businesses.

To sum up, I live in an area there is very high conformity. People here are happy to obey. I've been to places where people decide for themselves. Your statement that people don't get on board with lockdowns and masks is BS. It's all politics and you know it just as much as I do. Even if you don't want to admit it out loud.

On topic, people who want the vaccine should get it. People who don't want it should not. I don't want it. Within next 2 months I will be a resident of SD where individual responsibility is still a thing.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads