JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I wasn't sure about it until my cardiologist told me to get it ASAP. I don't trust the clowns @ WHO, or any branch of .gov. As in don't trust to the point that when one of them gets a shot on TV to convince We the Peons to follow I wonder if it's saline sol'n. I do however have confidence in my cardiologist, and when she says that her whole family got vaxxed that's good enough for me.
Also, since my wife and I check all the boxes for dying if we get it we have been living like hermits for the last year and will get the vax ASAP.

Fully agree. The problem is that you still will have to live like hermits, for, who knows how long. Der Fuhrer w/minions will say so.

Of course I am. I'm sure the families of the nearly 500,000 dead Americans wished their loved one(s) had the chance that I do to protect myself and others. Then again, I'm not the conspiracy theory type and don't buy into fascist propaganda. I've already had enough family pass from this pandemic and nearly ended up hospitalized myself.

Yes, unlike many on the forum, I continue to care about others even after they're born...

Last Edited:
I went for it, and ended up the Moderna version. The second dose was a couple of weeks ago now. The first one gave me hardly any trouble at all, arm was sore for 2-3 days is about it. The second gave me muscle aches that started the night after, continued through the following day, and dissipated by the day after that. After that it's been trouble-free since. Not that I'm suggesting everyone should do it, I'm not one to tell people how to live their lives. Just thought it might open the door to travel.

I went for it, and ended up the Moderna version. The second dose was a couple of weeks ago now. The first one gave me hardly any trouble at all, arm was sore for 2-3 days is about it. The second gave me muscle aches that started the night after, continued through the following day, and dissipated by the day after that. After that it's been trouble-free since. Not that I'm suggesting everyone should do it, I'm not one to tell people how to live their lives. Just thought it might open the door to travel.

Boy, for your, and others, sake I hope that getting a bit sick from the vaccination means it's going to work 100%.

Boy, for your, and others, sake I hope that getting a bit sick from the vaccination means it's going to work 100%.

Eh nothing is 100%. One could be sitting on the couch at home and get hit by a meteorite or a crashing airplane. The odds are low, but never zero.

Eh nothing is 100%. One could be sitting on the couch at home and get hit by a meteorite or a crashing airplane. The odds are low, but never zero.

Oh for sure. I'm just sayin', maybe getting side effects will make your system even more resistant to illness? Hey, I can hope!

Dunno what the Moderna trial was telling people, but in the Pfizer trial they've said to me that they *think* the vaccine will maintain effectiveness for about a year. I have my next trial blood draw in two weeks (they draw every three-four months.) If the news is accurate and Pfizer is thinking one shot might be enough to maintain, then you're looking at this no different than a flu shot every year.

We got our 2nd Pfizer shot today. Tight spot in the arm for about 36 hrs with the first shot; no reaction with the 2nd shot to this point [10 hrs after]. Should know by tomorrow if I'm going to have a reaction.

Follow-up: no reaction whatsoever. Wife thought her arm was as sore the 2nd time as it was with the first shot. Otherwise, no difference.

Last Edited:
The VA is providing COVID-19 (not Kellogg's Product -19) vaccinations. I'm scheduled to get one Monday, January 25, 2021.

Is anyone else getting "the needle"?
Yup da VA just called me today, im going in to get my jab on Friday,,,,ugghh...My DR told me that I really didn't need to get it as I have 3 special markers in my blood and my chance of getting the rona are almost impossible but WTF....

I'm scheduled to get mine in a couple weeks. I think it's going to become an annual thing like the flu shot with all the variants that are popping up.

Had my first Moderna shot at the VA clinic here last Saturday. Sore arm for 2 days. That's it. Last year I didn't think I'd want the shot, but I've got so many co-morbidities that I think it would be deadly for me (if I caught covid). A diabetic buddy of mine was hospitalized with a tube down his throat for 2 months and almost didn't make it. His throat is so messed up he still struggles to swallow food. I decided I need to be around to care for my Alzheimer's stricken wife. She's getting her first shot Mar 5. It has been slow getting here.

Last Edited:
Had my first Moderna shot at the VA clinic here last Saturday. Sore arm for 2 days. That's it. Last year I didn't think I'd want the shot, but I've got so many co-morbidities that I think it would be deadly for me (if I caught covid). A diabetic buddy of mine was hospitalized with a tube down his throat for 2 months and almost didn't make it. His throat is so messed up he still struggles to swallow food. I decided I need to be around to care for my Alzheimer's stricken wife. She's getting her first shot Mar 5. It has been slow getting here.

Good luck and bless you for caring for your wife.

The lack of influenza this year just might have something to do with social distancing, masks, and all those actions to keep us apart and not spreading.

The lack of influenza this year just might have something to do with social distancing, masks, and all those actions to keep us apart and not spreading.

Or they don't test to confirm "Flu". They only test for "Rona". If that's negative they tell them "Flu" but can't enter in the stats because there was no test given.

Hey, if they keep everyone, locked down for ever, we cold eliminate illness!!!

Sign me up! o_O

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top