JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
The lack of influenza this year just might have something to do with social distancing, masks, and all those actions to keep us apart and not spreading.

In today's Salem newspaper it said that in addition to what you opined, people are postulating that possibly covid predominates other influenza-like maladies much like some flu variants overpower others.

The lack of influenza this year just might have something to do with social distancing, masks, and all those actions to keep us apart and not spreading.

For a good while there, many medical services were temporarily suspended. I had several of my routine procedures cancelled last year. I'm pretty sure if you called your medical provider about a possible flu, they'd just tell you to stay at home and take it easy. That's also what they said to people who may have had rona. "You can go get checked if you want, but if it's not too bad, just stay home"

There probably is SOME truth to what you said, and that has me concerned that extremist ideologues may begin to say we should just keep wearing face masks forever.

I got my first shot and the numbers 666 appeared distinctly on the middle of my forehead. I called the doc and he said it was completely normal.

not really

Those of you being vaccinated, how do you feel about continuing to be required to wear a face mask?
Baaaa, baaaaa...
Sheep everywhere.
Baaaa, baaaaa..

More wisdom in a sheep's babbling than being required to wear a mask after being vaccinated. On wait, it's about power. Never mind the jargon above.

Oh, I did not and have not yet will not receive.
The two eldest I know are my grandparents and they haven't stopped doing anything they usually do on a weekly basis.

I get the second Pfizer shot this Thursday. According to Faucci in a Feb 22, 2021 White House Q&A session, I will still need to wear a mask & avoid folk. WTF???

It is still unknown of you can carry and shed virus. What is known is that the vaccine protects you from the virus getting active in your body. But, until they know if you can shed (or throw out) virons the masks and social distancing are a good idea.

It is still unknown of you can carry and shed virus. What is known is that the vaccine protects you from the virus getting active in your body. But, until they know if you can shed (or throw out) virons the masks and social distancing are a good idea.

People who are concerned about getting it can stay home.
Protect yourself.

The "science" has been wrong nearly every step of the way.

Science is neither right nor wrong. It interprets the available data and when something new comes along, it adjusts.

When I was growing uo and in school I was taught that my freedom stopped when it interfered with somebody else. I do not have the freedom to injure someone else.

Esposita reported noticeable more pain in the arm on the second dose and was tired when she got home, though she said it could have been a long week, followed by running around all over the city whilst up there. After that, she says nothing, other than a slight numbness at the ejection site.

Science is neither right nor wrong. It interprets the available data and when something new comes along, it adjusts.

When I was growing uo and in school I was taught that my freedom stopped when it interfered with somebody else. I do not have the freedom to injure someone else.

Scientists however are often motivated by other things than pure data.

Just curious, I doubt you wore a mask every year during flu season before covid, which also carries some risk for vulnerable folks, so between the flu's morbidity rate and covids, where exactly do you lose your freedom? Is it a static number?

You go up and hug someone and breathe in their face, that is injuring them.

They have the freedom to give you wide berth.

I was never taught that rubbish in school. I was taught "take care of yourself, no one else will".

And you can't use that definition of science to restrict people, this is ridiculous.

That is utter nonsense. In order for a person to shed virus, it must replicate in the body. It does this by invading cells, taking over the cell with its own genetic material, and causing the cell to produce more virus. The cell then ruptures, releasing virus to be shed. If the virus invades your cells and reproduces, you are "sick," whether symptomatic or otherwise.

If the vaccine is protective, it prevents illness by producing antibodies which intercept the virus before it invades your cells. If it cannot invade your cells, it cannot reproduce. If it cannot reproduce, you do not shed virus.

Change my mind.

It's so much simpler than that. All my life, if you got vaccinated, it meant you won't get whatever it was you were being vaccinated against. This thing is not a vaccine. Figure out another name for it. The Jolly Jab maybe. Or better yet, The Jibbberjabber. :rolleyes:

I could have received the shot already but have no desire to get it, for many of the reasons already mentioned, but it boils down to this.

I'm sure someone will correct my numbers or my thinking if I'm wrong here but from what I understand the vaccines are supposed to be 95% effective at eliminating serious symptoms and death. Of those who have contracted covid, 85% do not experience serious symptoms or death (or stated differently, covid itself is 85% effective at not causing serious symptoms or death o_O) The vaccine in the end, subtracting anybody it causes serious harm or death to (cause there's some) will benefit 10% of people. If I knew I was in that ten percent maybe I'd change my thinking about it?
But weighing the unknown long term effects of vaccinating the majority of the population with a less than thoroughly tested vaccine, against basically a 10% increase into the less-than-seriously-affected category, to me it seems a bit risky for too many to get it, especially when yes there are things most all of us can do to be healthier if we choose. Hopefully it turns out that our fears of negative long terms effects are unfounded, but the thing is LITERALLY NO ONE, not the most expert of experts, knows how it will be five or ten years down the road.
Maybe it would be best as a whole if the vaccine would be handled like the quarantine probably should have been, those obviously high risk participate, those not continue on with basic safety precautions. Apparently 85% of us don't need it anyway? To me that actually seems like the most cautious approach, or maybe I'm just too paranoid and ignorant about our cutting edge but improperly tested vaccine :)

Vjqpd8P.png

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top