JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Because not everyone is getting on board with lockdowns or masks.

So....that 1% of people who ARE NOT wearing a mask are single-handedly causing the out of control virus cases?

Because I was in AZ recently, a state without a mask mandate, and pretty much even there everyone was wearing a mask.....voluntarily. Not much different than here in WA state.

Remember, we are basically on the 1-year anniversary of "15 days to flatten the curve"....remember when the experts told us that?

So....that 1% of people who ARE NOT wearing a mask are single-handedly causing the out of control virus cases?

Because I was in AZ recently, a state without a mask mandate, and pretty much even there everyone was wearing a mask.....voluntarily. Not much different than here in WA state.

Remember, we are basically on the 1-year anniversary of "15 days to flatten the curve"....remember when the experts told us that?
Many have forgotten that getting back to normal is the goal. They seem to want added restrictions on American life as a new permanent normal.

You're not an immunologist so nobody cares about your armchair opinion gathered from who knows where. Post an actual link to a peer reviewed study about these so called "dangers". Nobody here has because nobody can... it doesn't exist.

There is plenty of peer reviewed data about the vaccines, their safety and efficacy: https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2034577

I'm surprised so many people here read the same old anti-vax conspiracy theories and accept it as truth without a critical thought of their own.

You have a less than 1% chance of dying in a car accident. Do you wear a seatbelt?
Huh, i feel like I touched a nerve with my uncritical, unoriginal thought.
So, that's exactly my point. I can't post what you request, because, the long term study, about whether the vaccine is safe for the long term or not, doesn't exist, because.....it can't. I don't know. You don't know. The makers of the vaccines don't know. The immunologists don't know.
I didn't dispute the efficacy or short-term safety ( though the latter may be worth talking about, maybe a different post).
I'm willing to admit, and I even actually hope, that my concerns may be unfounded. I guess we won't know that answer for a number of years.
To restate, my main points are: this is an entirely new type of vaccine used in humans; long term studies have been unable to be completed; the majority of us don't actually need the benefit of it; maybe it's worth considering us all not rushing in to get it.
Maybe it's ok to question some things?

Good news, the vaccines won't make you any more autistic than you already are!

It's not killing anyone, and that is good enough for me. Shoot me up. Don't want to get the vaccine? Fine, no flying for you. No eating out. No haircuts. Stay the hell away from large groups of people. Keep isolating.

Masks and isolating are not enough. China had some of the stricted restrictions and it still came back. Vaccines are among the greatest advancements in medicine, and the benefits far outweigh any negatives. Skeptical? Paranoid? No problem, stay in your cave. The rest of us will get on without you.

Good news, the vaccines won't make you any more autistic than you already are!

It's not killing anyone, and that is good enough for me. Shoot me up. Don't want to get the vaccine? Fine, no flying for you. No eating out. No haircuts. Stay the hell away from large groups of people. Keep isolating.

Masks and isolating are not enough. China had some of the stricted restrictions and it still came back. Vaccines are among the greatest advancements in medicine, and the benefits far outweigh any negatives. Skeptical? Paranoid? No problem, stay in your cave. The rest of us will get on without you.
Ok cool. Except some don't want to stay in caves and don't feel any need. If vaccines do as promised (and I'm not even saying they don't), why the need for unvaccinated to stay away from vaccinated? Are you worried for them? Once everyone who wants to be is vaccinated, it doesn't seem like there should be any need to restrict anyone. Couldn't we all get back to normal and be happy with our own decisions at that point? I mean, you're safe, right?

Ok cool. Except some don't want to stay in caves and don't feel any need. If vaccines do as promised (and I'm not even saying they don't), why the need for unvaccinated to stay away from vaccinated? Are you worried for them? Once everyone who wants to be is vaccinated, it doesn't seem like there should be any need to restrict anyone. Couldn't we all get back to normal and be happy with our own decisions at that point? I mean, you're safe, right?
I smell pharma plants.

I completely agree with you. If the vaccines work so well why are they worried about those who don't feel the need for it. Here come the stories about the immune compromised that can't get a vaccine, etc. My advice is they can stay in their caves, if they are worried about it. The less risk people are allowed to take, the less free this country will be. This goes for owning firearms, riding motorcycles, climbing mountains or not taking some rushed to market vaccines.

Last Edited:
Ok cool. Excet some don't want to stay in caves and don't feel any need. If vaccines do as promised (and I'm not even saying they don't), why the need for unvaccinated to stay away from vaccinated? Are you worried for them? Once everyone who wants to be is vaccinated, it doesn't seem like there should be any need to restrict anyone. Couldn't we all get back to normal and be happy with our own decisions at that point? I mean, you're safe, right?

Because vaccinated folk can still catch it, and while they have a better chance of recovering from it, those most at risk can still die from it. You unvaccinated folk stay sicker longer and can spread it farther. Which is why the unvaccinated shouldn't get to roam freely around the rest of us.

Now if covid was like small pox, I could not careless if you do not get vaccinated, if you caught it, you likely wouldn't survive long enough to spread it.

The only thing worse than spending weeks in a ICU is dying alone in quarantine. If a shot can lessen that, I gladly accept any risks that come with it.

Last Edited:
Because vaccinated folk can still catch it, and while they have a better chance of recovering from it, those most at risk can still die from it. You unvaccinated folk stay sicker longer and can spread it farther. Which is why the unvaccinated shouldn't get to roam freely around the rest of us.

Now if covid was like small pox, I could not careless if you do not get vaccinated, if you caught it, you likely wouldn't survive long enough to spread it.
Yeah that is something to consider, the vaccinated still being able to catch it.
I'm thinking the odds would be fairly low at least, ya know, way less than if not vaccinated?

But I wonder two things about that. For someone that high risk, wouldn't going out in public be very dangerous in regards to any kind of germ? People that high risk wouldn't only be susceptible to COVID.

And for someone that high risk, even if everyone was vaccinated (since vaccinated can still catch it and give it), wouldn't it still be rather dangerous for them to go out in public? It seems like in any scenario, someone that high risk would need to be pretty careful.

If it were me I'd be trying to stay home.

I don't personally care if you get it. More supply for others. Just can't let y'all spout off anti-vax nonsense unchallenged.
Fair enough. I am not anti-vax but I am not going to hop on board the emergency use authorization train to take some vaccine that has been pushed through the testing process in record time, when I am at low risk of catching covid. Once all you guinea pigs have tested them for a couple of years and I get a choice of which vaccine I take, I will look at it again.

Yeah that is something to consider, the vaccinated still being able to catch it.
I'm thinking the odds would be fairly low at least, ya know, way less than if not vaccinated?

FWIW, according to the info in the link I posted earlier in this thread, 95% efficacy means that 5% of the vaccinated, statistically, will still get the disease. If we take the current rough population of the U.S. and vaccinate every last person, that is 350,000,000 x .05 = 17,500,000 (infections among vaccinated population). Of course, babies might not get immediately vaccinated, really old folks might choose not to, and many others could choose not to also. So lets cut that number in half, say, 8,750,000. Now take a 99.9% survival rate, or better a 1.8% overall mortality rate (according to Johns Hopkins Research Center) and 157,500 would die. (Going with a 99.9% survival rate would be a much lower number). That is close to the number that die yearly worldwide from seasonal flu. Still not good, but not Spanish Flu level either.

The above is pretty fuzzy math with much guesswork involved. It also neglects that a serious Cov19 infection can leave one's lungs and other internals trashed for life. I've seen the pics. It's bad. The organs look like swiss cheese and rotted. I would agree that, for now, the risk of infection is lower than if not vaccinated. But we really don't know the risk of taking the vaccine.

Nevertheless, looking at it from a diff perspective, I'm not in favor of nightmarish draconian loss of liberty to prevent <200k deaths, and I am personally at very high risk due to health problems. Life is risky at all times and in all cases, and for everyone. Nobody gets out alive, you only get to choose the life you live. There is no perfect no-risk path forward thanx to CCP and Covid-SARS-2 being let out into the world. I am, however, expecting things to get better due to the natural aquisition of herd immunity even w/o vaccine, just like Spanish Flu (which killed a half-billion worldwide and then left the stage). IMO, this will never go away, unlike Spanish Flu, but I think it will eventually be much better.

To all:
Mi dos centavos remains - take the vax or not, it's up to each person. Shaming those that are concerned about the long term effects that are unknowable is IMO very Karenish behavior. Everybody doing that please stop.

Last Edited:
Twenty-two (22) days since I received ten 2nd Pfizer vaccine and I'm preparing to head to Tijuana in 10 days!

I'm doing fine!

Considering the new commanders in chiefs, you'd better have a back-up plan for crashing the gates in an SUV to get back. They may decide American citizens can't return due to the chance you could have been exposed to the Rona in Mexico.

I don't personally care if you get it. More supply for others. Just can't let y'all spout off anti-vax nonsense unchallenged.
I don't think the majority of those who want to wait are "anti-vaxxer". Almost everyone here is skeptical and waiting for more info.
After a few years go by, I'd consider it. I'm up to date on the more traditional vaccines that are well established.

To call people outrageous labels because they take a different approach than the sheeple seems to expose your actual inability to understand how people process things differently.

It's like saying because someone dislikes Biden they are automatically a Trump supporter, without realizing that not everyone subscribes to the same left or right mentality. I can choose not to get one type of vaccine if I want to.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads