JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a question thread. Use the up arrow to the right of good answers to upvote. Answers with more votes appear higher on the list.
I'm not a techy, but the threads below may have some bearing on your situation.

Upvote 0
I believe this is related to security changes made by @Joe Link to the board recently. But I would not wish to make presumption. So moved to Help section to get resolved.

If I may be of any assistance in the mean time, at your service. :)

Upvote 0
Anyone who uses the term, "yall" (or any variation thereof) gets their IP address banned…. 'cept for me, or course.
I sometimes use 'y'all.' Six years growing up in Florida, one in Alabama. Three in Georgia. I have the right. It's sometimes useful to have a plural form of 'you.'

Upvote 0
I touched myself in sin the other night. I am so sorry for other's interweb issues....
Had to laugh. Reminded me of a friend of mine who grew up Catholic and went to Catholic schools as a kid. He used to do great impersonations of confessions. "Father forgive me for I have sinned. I have abused myself 63 times since lunch and..."

Upvote 0
I sometimes use 'y'all.' Six years growing up in Florida, one in Alabama. Three in Georgia. I have the right. It's sometimes useful to have a plural form of 'you.'
Y'all need to fine tune your humor detector. I actually use "y'all" profusely in my daily (albeit casual) conversations. ;)

BTW- I feel ya about the South…. "back in the day" I've washed Everglades stank, and red Alabama mud from from my uniforms, and I've suffocated in that fine Georgia humidity and skeeter clouds while gettin' "stuff" done.

Thanks y'all! :s0108:

Upvote 0
There may have been bourbon involved....
Or vodak.

Mmmmm hmmmm. I was in North Carolina in the service and have a daughter and family in Arkansas. So I got the right too!! All y'all just pass the grits!!

Had to laugh. Reminded me of a friend of mine who grew up Catholic and went to Catholic schools as a kid. He used to do great impersonations of confessions. "Father forgive me for I have sinned. I have abused myself 63 times since lunch and..."
Hey, that was MY life!!!

I still eat fish on Fridays. And Catholic guilt is a real thing... :rolleyes:

Go wanna mo bisquitum. Per omnia se klause say klorum. Et cum spiritoo two oh. ;)

Upvote 0
1) "Father forgive me for I have sinned. I have abused myself 63 times since lunch and..."
Bragging is a sin too.

2) "Y"all take care and I'm ordering biscuits and gravy for morning victuals"
Isn't that properly pronounced "vittles," especially when appearing in the same sentence as "y'all"?

Upvote 0
1) "Father forgive me for I have sinned. I have abused myself 63 times since lunch and..."
Bragging is a sin too.

2) "Y"all take care and I'm ordering biscuits and gravy for morning victuals"
Isn't that properly pronounced "vittles," especially when appearing in the same sentence as "y'all"?
I think 'vittles' was more a back woods thing instead of a general southern thing.
'Sack' was a general southern thing, sometimes meaning a cloth bag but often applied to any bag including paper grocery store bags. In the north, it was 'bag' whatever it was made from.

'Bless your/his heart!' was a very flexible phrase, usually used by Southern women. It sounded like a sincere expression of sympathy. But it usually contained an implied insult. So after a man makes a statement putting down women, a Southern woman might respond with, "Why, bless your heart, honey," while smiling sweetly. Which actually meant something like "Bless your heart honey, 'cause you really need it, since you obviously don't have the brains God gave a turnip."

A friend of mine from Florida days came to visit me, and when we passed a sign in my neighborhood saying SLOW CHILDREN he said "If my children were slow I wouldn't advertise it."

Upvote 0

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads