JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Directly from the text of HB1240;

(2)(a) "Assault weapon" means:
(ii) A semiautomatic rifle that has an overall length of less than 30 inches;
(iv) A semiautomatic, center fire rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and has one or more of the following: (A) A grip that is independent or detached from the stock that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon. The addition of a fin attaching the grip to the stock does not exempt the grip if it otherwise resembles the grip found on a pistol; (B) Thumbhole stock; (C) Folding or telescoping stock; (D) Forward pistol, vertical, angled, or other grip designed for use by the nonfiring hand to improve control; (E) Flash suppressor, flash guard, flash eliminator, flash hide sound suppressor, silencer, or any item designed to reduce the visual or audio signature of the firearm; (F) Muzzle brake, recoil compensator, or any item designed to be affixed to the barrel to reduce recoil or muzzle rise; (G) Threaded barrel designed to attach a flash suppressor, sound suppressor, muzzle break, or similar item; (H) Grenade launcher or flare launcher; or (I) A shroud that encircles either all or part of the barrel designed to shield the bearer's hand from heat, except a solid forearm of a stock that covers only the bottom of the barrel;

I am not a lawyer but a Ruger 10/22 does not appear to meet that definition. I can't find anything further in the bill which seems to include rimfire firearms.

I can still pay for a 10/22 online through sportsmans, I believe because it does not have one or more of the scary "features"

I cannot however pay for a 15-22, likely because of the scary "features"

Just an observation, I do not claim to know the ins and outs of what has been lowered down upon the citizens of Washington.

I can still pay for a 10/22 online through sportsmans, I believe because it does not have one or more of the scary "features"

Just an observation, I do not claim to know the ins and outs of what has been lowered down upon the citizens of Washington.
That makes sense. I've noticed Sportsmen's have put "restricted in your area" notices in the good stuff

You can't purchase a three round fixed magazine 30.06 but you can purchase a 10/22 that accepts 25 round magazines, like somehow that won't take out a bunch of school children.

Further proof this is not about safety.

I'm quite positive that the 10/22 has been considered an assault weapon for a few years now in Washington.
"Assault weapon" and "Semiautomatic Assault Rifle" are two different legal categories in Washington law with completely different consequences.

Does anyone know if any 10/22's are under 30 inches?

(iv) A semiautomatic, center fire rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and has one or more of the following: (A) A grip that is independent or detached from the stock that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon. The addition of a fin attaching the grip to the stock does not exempt the grip if it otherwise resembles the grip found on a pistol; (B) Thumbhole stock; (C) Folding or telescoping stock; (D) Forward pistol, vertical, angled, or other grip designed for use by the nonfiring hand to improve control; (E) Flash suppressor, flash guard, flash eliminator, flash hide sound suppressor, silencer, or any item designed to reduce the visual or audio signature of the firearm; (F) Muzzle brake, recoil compensator, or any item designed to be affixed to the barrel to reduce recoil or muzzle rise; (G) Threaded barrel designed to attach a flash suppressor, sound suppressor, muzzle break, or similar item; (H) Grenade launcher or flare launcher; or (I) A shroud that encircles either all or part of the barrel designed to shield the bearer's hand from heat, except a solid forearm of a stock that covers only the bottom of the barrel;

I am not a lawyer but a Ruger 10/22 does not appear to meet that definition. I can't find anything further in the bill which seems to include rimfire firearms.
Yes that's my interpretation too. I just thought I'd see other people's opinions.

I'm also trying to figure out if a Charger would be banned. I think it will because although it's a pistol but the mag is not integrated into the grip. Also I think most of them have threaded barrels.

(iv) A semiautomatic, center fire rifle

Would not include the 15-22!!??

1682361906165.png

1682361860898.png

Aloha, Mark

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show