JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Interview with the "Seattle weapon snatcher". I thought some of you may find this interesting. GC-157 The Weapon Snatcher | A Study in Mission - The Mag Life

Shooter-Rughi-weapon-snatcher.jpg
Edit to say there is some foul language in the video

Last Edited:
You could call him a solid citizen. Problem is THIS: I will assume he is NOT a cop with a badge. If something goes wrong during his weapon snatch and someone gets killed...they would hold HIM responsible. He would lose his guns, his right to own a gun...and would go to prison. Unless you are a cop, this behavior should be discouraged.

This is a case of a nice guy doing a good thing...for all the wrong reasons. If you want to be a cop, you should fill out the app, not bypass the technicalities and try to do the job anyway.

We can all armchair quarterback over this but none of us were there. Considering the level of anarchy going on though he had his head screwed on right. He saw punks looting a police cruiser and grabbing weapons. If I was was witness to that I can't say that I would have done anything differently. If one of the punks would have tried to make a stand and point the weapon at him he would have been justified in returning fire.

You could call him a solid citizen. Problem is THIS: I will assume he is NOT a cop with a badge. If something goes wrong during his weapon snatch and someone gets killed...they would hold HIM responsible. He would lose his guns, his right to own a gun...and would go to prison. Unless you are a cop, this behavior should be discouraged.

This is a case of a nice guy doing a good thing...for all the wrong reasons. If you want to be a cop, you should fill out the app, not bypass the technicalities and try to do the job anyway.
Did you listen to the interview? The guy is HIGHLY trained and experienced military. This is what he does for a living. Sometimes you gotta do the right thing to keep people safe.

i

All of this mess started with a cop doing his job and he's going to prison.

Last Edited:

This was clearly a lethal threat situation, and stealing the AR was a second degree felony in itself (never mind the record of the thief). Since the police were standing down, and had spineless administrators, let someone (citizen militia) step in the gap. He made the choice, he took the risk and we are all better off that he did so.

Thank you Mayor Bloomberg:rolleyes:

Shouldn't try to be a cop unless you ARE a cop. Sets a bad precedent. It's called being a vigilante. When someone goes to a protest armed, when the protest is not about guns, this ALSO sets a bad precedent and is looking for trouble. This guy armed up because he has a hero complex going, and he was able to feed into that successfully.

You can call this guy a hero. I call him 'lucky'. What would we be saying right now if the perp had fought over the weapon, and it had discharged and killed some innocent bystander. Maybe some woman, or a kid. The conversation would be completely different. I would have much more sympathy for the guy if he hadn't attended the protest ready-to-rock. That is someone who goes downtown LOOKING for trouble. He found it. He got lucky that time. Maybe the next time he won't.

Shouldn't try to be a cop unless you ARE a cop. Sets a bad precedent. It's called being a vigilante. When someone goes to a protest armed, when the protest is not about guns, this ALSO sets a bad precedent and is looking for trouble. This guy armed up because he has a hero complex going, and he was able to feed into that successfully.

You can call this guy a hero. I call him 'lucky'. What would we be saying right now if the perp had fought over the weapon, and it had discharged and killed some innocent bystander. Maybe some woman, or a kid. The conversation would be completely different. I would have much more sympathy for the guy if he hadn't attended the protest ready-to-rock. That is someone who goes downtown LOOKING for trouble. He found it. He got lucky that time. Maybe the next time he won't.
Lol, they guy was there working security.

So it's better to let the little punks run around with those weapons? We get it, you are making excuses for them.
This guy was an ex-Marine working security. I would say that his situational awareness was quite honed and he was the right guy at the right moment. He did witness the incident and not come into it after the fact. What would he supposed to do? Call a cop? There were none around. Was he supposed to let those punks just run around with those weapons? Like I said, we get it....

Anyone who has actually watched the video I posted understands that this guy has more training and experience taking guns from bad guys than probably 99.9% of the Seattle PD.

As was said above, did you listen to the interview? He is a highly trained paid armed security guard that was there to protect a photo crew. So much for your uninformed opinion. I agree the conversation would be different if an innocent bystander had been shot by one of the perps. The perp or perps would be dead.

What would we be saying right now if the perp had fought over the weapon, and it had discharged and killed some innocent bystander. Maybe some woman, or a kid.
The responsibility would lie with the individual who committed the theft in the first place. Not the one who intervened. What if he had allowed the thief to keep the weapon and the thieif fired it and killed some innocent bystander? Maybe some woman, or a kid.

Hypotheticals...

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads