JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You need to get out more.......I spent 13 years in truly elite American military units, 3 of my 5 step kids served (some continue) with honor, one was a Ranger, one Is a USCG helicopter rescue crewman that risks his life weekly for some unknown soul in trouble and my daughter served protecting the "Deadliest Catch" guys at sea during 3 winters in the Bearing sea. Your comments illustrate ignorance of the greatness of our people that do and have served. Whenever you consider the lifestyle and security you have enjoyed for your 6 decades it is because of the people that serve and served WITH HONOR allowing you to stay home in comfort and safety. Many members here are members and veterans that still serve as they can with the honor and grace taught us by our families commitment and training.......

Cut me some slack and ask questions rather than paint me with the villains brush.o_O If you can't see the evidence of the loss of honor in most of our culture then I can't help you see it. You frame me with calling our military dishonorable when I did no such thing. I was speaking of the culture and if you kinda get off your charging horse some then we can talk... or just don' talk if you can't be civil in conversation. Too often on the net people read into a post something that isn't there and verbally insults the poster because they are too lazy to,ask for clarification on what was posted.

And last before I leave all butt hurt sport, you don't know me yet draw assumptions on one post you read.

Later guys, I dont' need this bs and wont' further trash the thread with fighting.o_O

I have said this before. To gain an insight into the resolve of the American people, note the immediete response to the 911 attacks.

The first effective response to these attacks was not taken by the US military, Federal agencies, Law Enforcement, or any organized force. It was taken by ordinary Americans, who informed themselves of the attacks taking place, determined that the plane on which they were flying was likely intended to be crashed into a major target, and decided to do something to prevent that. Despite the realization that they likely would not survive the attempt, they orginized themselves and attacked the hijackers of Flight 93, and as a result twarted the plan to crash into a public building in Washington DC, though their actions resulted in the airplane crashing in Pennsylvania, and all aboard died.

This is the real America.

I am not sure but I think she was driving at both a war on our own soil and environmental crisis: a perception of weakness among the "public. citizens". I informed her that both our governmental readiness and response and a good strong rough and ready Americans were up to a challenge. I pointed out that citizens from all over jumped into the saving of lives in Houston above and beyond what the authorities were doing. I think she persisted with the idea of the "public's" weakness.

There are good strong people to be found in every walk of life. Some of them are messed up in the head but any and all have the ability to show more mettle than others may have thought possible.

Having said that take a hundred random people from both societies and we get to randomly pick our 10 to "endure hardship". Based solely on how these people look and carry themselves I bet I can pick out 5 diamonds in the rough and the other 5 would at least be able to follow orders.

I find it laughable that she thinks we are weak compared to them. There is plenty of weakness worldwide due to natural selection taking a back burner to modern medicine and the liberal agenda. But to look at our nation and say we are weak? I think the saying that may fit here is "they mistake our kindness for weakness".

I work for a Japanese owned company and interact with the Japanese daily. Nothing puts a smile on their faces like going to the range and firing a few hundred rounds. Invariably they want to stay here once they get a taste of America.

The last time Canada invaded......it didn't go well for them.......the war of 1812 is what truly galvanized our country as real as opposed to some novel social experiment.

Uh, The US invaded Canada in the war of 1812 largely as an attempt to annex British Canada while the British were busy in the Napoleonic Wars . It didnt go well for us and after the defeat of Napoleon the British poured their full efforts into the war here and nearly bankrupted the American Republic and the British came close to an outright military victory before they dropped the war effort and backed off.

While I think many are strong and have quite a bit of fight in them, I feel the majority are not. Can you imagine the entitlement crowd being told they have to ration supplies? You only get this much of these products, this much gas, etc? They start rioting if the computer system goes down for a day and their EBT cards don't work. You expect these people to toughen up and deal with a war effort? Look around at Wal-Mart or the grocery store sometime. Just stop and look. How many look like they could actually fight a battle, or at least run half a mile?

Yes, the Civil War was fought on American soil, but no one alive today has seen a war unless they are immigrants or military. Do you think they could survive something like Sarajevo? I think the majority of our nation is soft. I know my students sure as hell are. Not a clue that someday they might not have access to internet or cell phone or even electricity. The thought has never crossed their minds, which means it most likely hasn't crossed their parents' minds either. I'd like to believe that American's will rise to the occasion, but I think things have been too good for too long for us. Most don't know discomfort. They think discomfort is when the cable TV goes out.

Honestly, I hope we never have to find out the answer to this.

War of 1812 wasn't with Canada....It wasn't a country and wouldn't be for another 55 years, it was just a British colony until 1867.

The immediate origins of the war were seizure of American ships, insults and injuries to American seamen by the British Navy, and rapid expansion of the American frontier. The British outrages at sea took two distinct forms. One was the seizure and forced sale of merchant ships and their cargoes for allegedly violating the British blockade of Europe. Although France had declared a counter-blockade of the British Isles and had seized American ships, England was the chief offender because its Navy had greater command of the seas. The second, more insulting, type of outrage was the capture of men from American vessels for forced service in the Royal Navy. Many on the American frontier believed that the increasingly violent and frequent Indian raids were because the British were arming and in many cases directing them.

The war was with Britain...

I must say, I wasn't aware that they just decided to unilaterally quit a war they were actually "winning"*...oooopsy!

*"I say! Jolly good show chaps! We showed 'em, and now who's ready for spot of tea and get home for Finals? Don't forget your souvenir T-shirt!"
Communique from: Adm. Al Cochrane and Gen'l. Ed(Eddy) Pakenham. announcing their decision to get home for the World Cup Finals.
It must be true....I saw it on the internet.

Last Edited:
On the subject of honor, I find both an abundance in certain people, and a lack in others. I think if one looks at how the media presents our culture to various countries, it would not be hard to paint us as a lazy and dishonorable people. Yet we know, among ourselves, among thinking people, that Americans always step up, even if it's not all of us. Look at the dichotomy of Katrina... some folks just waited, others got things done. In any emergency of the future, IMO it will be no different.

I'm curious what this war was that was fought on Japanese homeland. Other than being bombed all to hell, did they ever have foreign invaders?
Now you're just being unhinged.
And in retrospect, not a single soul says or uses the term "unhinged" lest it's a left operative/plant puppet/fake person, as was the case for three days straight not long ago when the only thing that came out of the media's mouth, lockstep and across the board was "unhinged" during their petticoat lifting regarding Trump and some perceived slight.

If generalizations are the bottom line for anyone's perspective, then so be it that there are geniuses, idiots and dirt worshiping retards in every culture.
It's been my experience though of the Japanese that they are quite embracing of Western culture, particularly American. Isn't that kind of what we want in an ally?
While they have a totally different national identity, they embrace and adapt our fashions, pop culture, language and even our holidays. One time I was in Asakusa, just minding my own business and having a cigar (when it was still allowed...). This older salaryman, probably in his late 60's came up to me and asked if he could practice his English a bit. I said sure. He then said that he could name each of the 50 US states and tell me something about each one. He eventually got around to Oregon and all he said was, "Tonya Harding". How awesome. I'll never forget that guy. But it's pretty common for people to strike up random conversations over there.

Uh, The US invaded Canada in the war of 1812 largely as an attempt to annex British Canada while the British were busy in the Napoleonic Wars . It didnt go well for us and after the defeat of Napoleon the British poured their full efforts into the war here and nearly bankrupted the American Republic and the British came close to an outright military victory before they dropped the war effort and backed off.[/QUOTE You are the victim of revisionist history.......no doubt the public education system.......GB invaded us.....burned the whitehouse et al. One of my great grandfather's was stationed in the Great Lakes region (the Northwest of the time) and did attack across the border to prevent an incursion from the north.

We invaded Canada and declared war on Great Britain which was tied up in the Napoleonic Wars and we expected the Canadians to join in the fight. They didnt and we were nearly bankrupted and destroyed by the conflict when the Bristish sent a small contingent to sack our cities. Our capital and Baltimore was burned, Detroit captured , our puny navy blockaded in port etc. . The only major victory the US had happened after the Treaty of Ghent was signed. If by US victory you mean we didnt become a British Colony again then yes, I suppose we won the war we declared against Great Britain. It was one of those wars that all sides involved can claim they won but no one really did. Borders didnt change etc. The one saving grace was that the British gave up their plan for an Indian buffer zone in the old North West .

My great XXXX grandfather was captured by Tecumseh's men and tortured for a year. He suffered from what would be called PTSD today for the rest of his life.

I missed a couple of important things. 1st) All of the Japanese we had (there were many) stay with us expressed their opinion that back in Japan, the Japanese had a deep sense of obligation, warmth and respect at the way we treated them after the war that carried over to this day. They think good things about us. From my view, they have been a reliable ally, one that you'd much rather have inside your tent pissing out rather than outside the tent pissing in. There have been many wars in the long Japanese history, but they only lost one war in 3000 years or so (that were not civil war of which there were also many). We want them as allies.

Anyone want to learn more about WW2 opr just get a great read with a different perspective, the very best book(s) on the subject IMO is John Tolands 2 book set "The Rising Sun". Toland was married to a Japanese woman, he wrote it not too long after the war, and the war is seen through the lens of the Japanese, not the typically American view at all. Yet it remains factual, and is a very good read. https://smile.amazon.com/Rising-Sun-Decline-Japanese-1936-1945/dp/B0017PT6TI/ref=sr_1_sc_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1517374990&sr=8-3-spell&keywords=ohn+Tolands+"The+Rising+Sun".

ps, that's a valid link, Amazon Smile is Amazon, but it donates some $ to Oregon Firearms Federation every time I buy something.

Now you're just being unhinged.
And in retrospect, not a single soul says or uses the term "unhinged" lest it's a left operative/plant puppet/fake person, as was the case for three days straight not long ago when the only thing that came out of the media's mouth, lockstep and across the board was "unhinged" during their petticoat lifting regarding Trump and some perceived slight.
I dunno, it describes some of the rabid NeverTrumpers pretty well...

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top