JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I currently use a skull crusher for my goggles. After a bad fall recently where I busted up my arm real bad and had to go to the ER, and having broken my front tooth prior to that just weeks before, I'd like to protect my noggin.

If I didn't sacrifice my arm my head would have cracked wide open and I'd probably be dead. The amount of bleeding in my arm, if in my head, would surely kill me.

Requirements:

1) protect my brain

2) protect my teeth if possible

3) mount a pvs 7 on it.

Bonus is bullet proof to go with my plates.

Please post a link.

download (13).jpeg

I currently use a skull crusher for my goggles. After a bad fall recently where I busted up my arm real bad and had to go to the ER, and having broken my front tooth prior to that just weeks before, I'd like to protect my noggin.

If I didn't sacrifice my arm my head would have cracked wide open and I'd probably be dead. The amount of bleeding in my arm, if in my head, would surely kill me.

Requirements:

1) protect my brain

2) protect my teeth if possible

3) mount a pvs 7 on it.

Bonus is bullet proof to go with my plates.

Please post a link.
You ok?

I know a guy that has a full PVS14 kit in the Scopes and Optics classifieds for sale right now ;)
I know a guy that has all that and is just looking for a helmet to replace his skull crusher since you won't separate or ship, I bought a helmet off Amazon for $70, no need to spend $4,200 on the entire kit but niiiiice setup man, white phosphorus at that 😅

I know a guy that has all that and is just looking for a helmet to replace his skull crusher since you won't separate or ship, I bought a helmet off Amazon for $70, no need to spend $4,200 on the entire kit but niiiiice setup man, white phosphorus at that 😅

Hahaha hey I figured I would give my ad a little plug and wish for the best! Lol

as it happens, i'm in the market for a 3a high cut to mount nods to.

i got gen3 white phos duals... so i'm poor now. what are some okay budget-ish options?

I may trade an eotech for a helmet.
nods come w/ a QD wilcox fwiw.

I posted above with an option, and see some hard responses.

Team Commie?

First, I'm not going to defend Team Wendy (TW) in any way shape or form for what was presented.

I certainly hope it stops here.

There are thousands of Military and LE folks that run TW gear. 2 of the most prominent are Bill Blowers of Tap-Rack Tactical, and Chuck Pressburg of Press-Check Consulting. If you don't know either, do some research. Pressburg is huge in the SF world, Delta Operator, and a lot of his procedures are still being used. Given that, both use TW pad and suspension systems in their helmets because they are the best out there.

So I guess that makes them both commies or traitors to the 2nd Amendment?

If one shops at Wal-Mart or the like and buys items made in China...are you not supporting commies?

Run steel case ammo made in commie nations...supporting commies?

Running certain made optics, IR gear and other firearm accessories made in commie countries?

Lastly, if the 2bd Amendment was wiped off the constitution today...what we all gonna do, turn in all our firearms, then sit down and cry?

I think not...carry on and be well.

Last Edited:
I posted above with an option, and see some hard responses.

Team Commie?

First, I'm not going to defend Team Wendy (TW) in any way shape or form for what was presented.

I certainly hope it stops here.

There are thousands of Military and LE folks that run TW gear. 2 of the most prominent are Bill Blowers of Tap-Rack Tactical, and Chuck Pressburg of Press-Check Consulting. If you don't know either, do some research. Pressburg is huge in the SF world, Delta Operator, and a lot of his procedures are still being used. Given that, both use TW pad and suspension systems in their helmets because they are the best out there.

So I guess that makes them both commies or traitors to the 2nd Amendment?

If one shops at Wal-Mart or the like and buys items made in China...are you not supporting commies?

Run steel case ammo made in commie nations...supporting commies?

Running certain made optics, IR gear and other firearm accessories made in commie countries?

Lastly, if the 2bd Amendment was wiped off the constitution today...what we all gonna do, turn in all our firearms, then sit down and cry?

I think not...carry on and be well.
While serving in combat is a demonstration of bravery and a way to develop fighting skill, our country was founded on farmers and blacksmiths forming a militia and fighting against the most powerful (at the time) nation on earth. At times, i fear the veteran community forgets that the 2nd amendment is a civilian right.

The recent events in Afghanistan highlight the fact that although individual soldiers were fighting for a noble cause, soldiers were also taken advantage of by a bloated, dishonest and corrupt empire. Because of this, combat veterans can only flex on civilians up to a point. George W. Bush, the guy who started the war in afghanistan, just compared the Jan 6th protest to the 9/11 terror attacks. Seriously, let that sink in.

Yes, you were brave... but also naive to trust a government that brought us Ruby Ridge, Waco Texas, Vietnam and a million other lies. If someone gets angry at hearing this, maybe use some of your bravery to face the difficult truth that your government sold you out and you should have known better.

I love the constitution, I love the american spirit, but our modern government is flirting with an irreversible slide into totalitarianism. Being an SOF veteran means the person is good at fighting, killing stuff and bravery, but it doesn't automatically make the person a patriot.

To those about to burn me at the stake over this: Be angry at the mental cancer that has infected our government institutions, not me.

Last Edited:
A) what are you doing under nods that caused the fall? Hiking? Biking? Hunting? Its admirable you are getting out and using your gear, not many do. I would suggest starting slow, and maybe getting some training if possible. I have had my setup for 8 months now and the most "extreme" thing I have done is hiking on some nice smooth trails in a park close to home, and shooting on a flat range. Start slow and work up. This winter when we have more dark I finally intend to get on some real trails on silver Star, a full year after starting this journey.

B) make sure to use a counterweight that is at least 40-60% of the weight of the NVD. This will reduce neck fatigue, and keep things more stable.

C) I also use a team wendy bump helmet. I was aware of their checkered political dealings, but I needed the rating and features for some non-firearms work. Its an extremily light and comfortable setup, and the ratcheting system makes it fast amd easy to adjust to different heads, or accomodate hats/hoods etc. I was also able to rig up some impact sports for active hearing protection. I may get a ballistic helmet in the future, but for now 99.99 of my use-case is non-firearms, and the other .01% is fantasy.

A) what are you doing under nods that caused the fall? Hiking? Biking? Hunting? Its admirable you are getting out and using your gear, not many do. I would suggest starting slow, and maybe getting some training if possible. I have had my setup for 8 months now and the most "extreme" thing I have done is hiking on some nice smooth trails in a park close to home, and shooting on a flat range. Start slow and work up. This winter when we have more dark I finally intend to get on some real trails on silver Star, a full year after starting this journey.

B) make sure to use a counterweight that is at least 40-60% of the weight of the NVD. This will reduce neck fatigue, and keep things more stable.

C) I also use a team wendy bump helmet. I was aware of their checkered political dealings, but I needed the rating and features for some non-firearms work. Its an extremily light and comfortable setup, and the ratcheting system makes it fast amd easy to adjust to different heads, or accomodate hats/hoods etc. I was also able to rig up some impact sports for active hearing protection. I may get a ballistic helmet in the future, but for now 99.99 of my use-case is non-firearms, and the other .01% is fantasy.
I hope that your 0.01% edge case stays fantasy.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top