JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This thread who too farging long with replies.....just reminder her Japan entered and lost WWII because the Japanese people called their Emperor a God and followed him like a sheep. I admire many Japanese qualities but if it's go time give me a bunch of pizzed off 'Mericans in a scrap.
We are the only hope for humanity in this efffed up world:eek:
Brutus Out

With over 900 B 29's in a single raid with days of these raids, outfitted with incendiary bombs got their sh*t squared away real fast.
Yessiree Bob,

And my dad was on 29 of those raids as a flight engineer. 313th Wing 6th VHBG, on Shasta! They burned out 12 square miles of Tokyo one night.

Their nose art was the pirate Jean Lafitte so they were truly Yankee Air Pirates!

Brutus Out

With over 900 B 29's in a single raid with days of these raids, outfitted with incendiary bombs got their sh*t squared away real fast.

Who got their sh*t squared away? Despite the firebombing, Japanese leadership did not surrender. Even after the nuclear bombs were dropped, their cabinet was a split vote on whether or not to surrender, until the imperial high gichi gumi decided to spare his country. (No disrepect intended, my brain just not working, need more coffee)

Who got their sh*t squared away? Despite the firebombing, Japanese leadership did not surrender. Even after the nuclear bombs were dropped, their cabinet was a split vote on whether or not to surrender, until the imperial high gichi gumi decided to spare his country. (No disrepect intended, my brain just not working, need more coffee)
And even then, it took a lot of coaching by the American Caesar afterward... one wonders what Japan would be like today if Truman had at least allowed him to finish his work there even with replacement in Korea.

And even then, it took a lot of coaching by the American Caesar afterward... one wonders what Japan would be like today if Truman had at least allowed him to finish his work there even with replacement in Korea.

Interesting! The little madman not around to cause sh*t eh?

IDK, the old Japanese culture would have prevailed I think. And the old culture thought everyone else was less than human. I think it's important when discussing Japanese that we remember the age spread. 20yrs ago, I was hearing how some Japanese still hated us and wanted to return to imperialism. At that same time there were shy retiring types and also very outgoing types in Japan. I don't know if that still exists today, but my point is that it is important to not get confused about generational differences among populations. The same exists here in USA... some of the old warriors still hate the Japanese, many have forgiven them, and younger generations are busy with their own lives.

There wasalso American Manifest Destiny as well may been another cause of the war of 1812 since we Americans wanted to rule "from sea to shining sea". I wrote a research paper on the war of 1812 when I was a junior in high school. I did a lot of research at the local junior collage library since I had 6 weeks to do my research and write my paper. It was a really good experience.

How did the War of 1812 lead to Manifest Destiny

I look at dual citizenship with much trepidation and suspicion.
I consider it disrespectful, lacking honor, and unpatriotic.

As for Americans, or any life loving human; heroism and survival strength cannot be predicted since they manifest themselves only when pressed.
During the politically dirty war, I have seen those perceived as strong, whimper and cower, and weak, stand up and be counted.

Any denigration through prophecy of another's human spirit is disingenuous.
I cannot embrace such a person as laudable.

IDK, the old Japanese culture would have prevailed I think. And the old culture thought everyone else was less than human. I think it's important when discussing Japanese that we remember the age spread. 20yrs ago, I was hearing how some Japanese still hated us and wanted to return to imperialism. At that same time there were shy retiring types and also very outgoing types in Japan. I don't know if that still exists today, but my point is that it is important to not get confused about generational differences among populations. The same exists here in USA... some of the old warriors still hate the Japanese, many have forgiven them, and younger generations are busy with their own lives.
I mean, had Truman allowed Mac to remain overseeing the Occupation and Japanese reconstruction even with Ridgeway taking his place in the active war, rather than the complete dismissal and Ridgeway taking over in both roles of our timeline. (Funny thing: The Japanese told Truman "if you don't invite Mac to the formal peace treaty, WE WILL" and Truman told them in reply "you do and the treaty's off.")

I deal with the Japanese daily. Those meek little guys are at best 1-2 generations away from ruthless bad @sses of the highest order. Everyone has it buried down inside and until youve been put in the position of making hard choices you'll never know what you are capable of. Civilization is a veneer. I like to remind my peers that just because they are polite ( extremely) doesnt mean that they won't sack you in a New York second if they feel you are poo pooing their "suggestions".

Last Edited:
I deal with the Japanese daily. Those meek little guys are at best 1-2 generations away from being ruthless bad @sses of the highest order. Everyone has it buried down inside and until youve been put in the position of making hard choices you'll never know what you are capable of. Civilization is a veneer. I like to remind my peers that just because they are polite ( extremely) that they wont sack you in a NY second if they feel you are poo pooing their "suggestions".

I don't know much about current generations. But some biz pals told me the Japanese were extremely picky and demanding. My Dad worked for them at MCI (I think) phone company in New York. Very tough guys to deal with, and bigoted too. You could go have a drink with them but that didn't mean you were buddies. My buddy that exported hardwood indicated that his Japanese buyers reps would reject 9 out of 10 loads for seemingly tiny reasons. Oh well. He used to go for Sushi with them. Spent hundreds of $$, lots of Saki. Same result.

That was then.

I don't know much about current generations. But some biz pals told me the Japanese were extremely picky and demanding.

Yeah, that would be the understatement of the century. In applications where they receive say a barrel of product. They weigh the barrel to confirm that it has exactly the amount claimed before they accept it. If it has too little they return it. If too much they fine the supplier. Japanese housewives cut open milk cartons after they are empty to find defects in the packaging material and if they do find any defects they write letters to the supplier demanding a refund . I can't tell you how many action meetings Ive been to over the years concerning complaints from Japan. Luckily the company I work or is just owned by the Japanese and we do not actually supply the Japanese market. They like things done their way which means a lot of Keizen activities and Lean manufacturing initiatives but those help efficiency and its the norm in manufacturing environments any more so its a good skill set to have.

Who in heck is "Mike Rowe" and why should anyone care what he thinks??? Just another TV media-created "personality" with no substance...
Talk to me about the dinks in black pajamas and the Americans who crawled into dank dark tunnels to ferret them out...

Then I guess I have no substance either. Instead of chasing dinks, I was jumping out of USCG helos into soaring waves. Just not a real man like you, huh?

Later when I got diagnosed with diabetes at age 45, I joined Barbershop as a bass, and also the Community Choir. Live performances, eh? Didn't sing a lick in my life until then. Not too proud or afraid to try something new. I understand your point about celebutards, but Mike is one of us that's made it, and still gives back.
He's also a Lifetime member of the Barbershop Harmony Society. Didn't know he was in opera... I'm impressed. Edit: In June 2012, Rowe was awarded the Distinguished Eagle Scout Award by the Boy Scouts of America

Last Edited:
My own experience is that there are a LOT of good kids out there with plenty of back bone, and the last 30 years of Americans deployed all over the world to fight for those who cannot fight for them selves proves this out most satisfactorily! I would say the biggest difference today is the comfort level we seek and expect, and the loss of skilled labors in industries we normally rely on, and that builds better Americans! They are out there, a great many I think, we just haven't had the need to call on them! I have served with some of the finest fighting men and women this country has produced, in some ways I think we are actually stronger then ever, despite the constant attack by the politicos who seek to gut the Mil and use the moneys for Liberal leanings!
The OP was given a glimpse of how the rest of the world sees America and it's people! And lets face it. the last 30 years might not look so great from an outside view! Hell, I was in the Ukraine and the general view was of a bunch of hard core badazzes who command respect and fear from any who look, sadly led by less then stellar leadership ( Obummer and Co, Schrub Jr, Komrad Klinton!) that tarnishes our collective reputation in the world, and THAT points to a lot of our problems we have! Another issue is how we handle our allies during the "Coalition" many times their leaders were sacked because they balked at the America First policy, and their troupes, given second string missions and told to make due! It was, and has been know through out our alliances that AMERICA is the lead and in charge, and that IF they want to take part, they answer to American leadership. While this IS the correct way of things, it chafes at the allies who want equal footing with America, and I have seen it personally, the conflict of leadership, and ultimately most were settled by the senior American command officer telling the ally to shut up and do their job, or pack the eff up and go home! While that always stung, it made it VERY CLEAR who was in charge! They always seem to forget that it's AMERICA that gets the first call when things go bad, and it's Americans that answer that call, and that when America shows up, it's America that is in charge!!!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top