JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In case I don't survive, I want almost all of you to know, it was a pleasure hanging with you.

I decided to stick with the 7.62x39 barrel for the maiden voyage because I am too lazy to dig through my piles and find a different barrel. I still have to block the gas port and then load her up (one at a time). If it works, it could be a one of a kind. If it doesn't.....

20230630_134725.jpg

20230630_134716.jpg

I may install my safety pistol tube for the first shots, to help make sure I don't jerk back the bcg prior or during firing off the round. When tube is threaded on, it will keep bcg from moving.

View attachment 1445899 20230630_141352.jpg

Last Edited:
As long as the lugs can rotate and lock into the barrel extension, I don't see why this can't work. Be it you might have to pull back on the carrier to get the barrel free to tilt it.

A QD clamp could provide some peace of mind on the first firing though. Like an optics mount but without the optic. Just to clamp the two pieces of upper together.

As for the gas hole. If you don't care about the barrel. Just weld the hole closed. It shouldn't matter if you leave it be honestly, it will just act as a really poor compensated port. A hose clamp might even do the trick if you are looking for bubba points.

It reminds me of the guys that cut up carriers to have handheld manual action blasters.

What keeps the barrel in the up position for firing? The bolt head? Isn't that uneven top-to-bottom engagement going to damage the locking lugs fairly quickly?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top