JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My idea is rather simple. Basically to build a T/C style break barrel out of stainless steel that utilized an AR trigger group. I think it would be most ideal if the cocking action could be done by a bar on a thick plate to divert gasses in the case of catastrophic failure. I think the risk of barrel failure could be almost eliminated by using a commercially available, barrel in a lowish pressure cartridge. I would probably start with something along the line of 32 s&w long. Receiver would be made out of 17/4 PH.

This could be done relatively easily, but I am thinking of making it more complicated by essentially creating a breech design that takes overkill to new limits... As a left handed shooter I love break actions and most people seem to focus on more advanced designs. But I do dream of creating an encore/ar mutant. Has anyone else contemplated making a break action? The idea of being able to utilize modern AR triggers appeals to me, and it has a touch of the madcap I love from late 19th to early 20th century design. This has been brewing in my head for years

Yea, utalizing an AR lower is a great idea for the trigger. No sense in wasting your time trying to build a trigger. I was thinking about making a breach loading/single shot for target shooting using an M1919 browning barrel, specifically an Israeli 7.62 nato barrel like this:

You should consider a bigger caliber chamber (like .308), and then run conversion sleeves to drop down to the lower pressures. Like this: https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/197650

Common bore dia, so many different smaller rds could be used. And if you wanted to bump it up, you always could. Also, sonething in 45cal wouldnt be a bad idea.

But I changed my mind on the single shot build. Good luck on the build. Its just fun making stuff, and you get better every time you try something new. My most recent build is this mini Smoker/multi port rocket stove. Notice the :

20220722_165335.jpg 20220424_213702.jpg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads