JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The lowers are basically all the same. The only difference you would be paying for is the stock. Fyi, generally you won't be able to find any issues with a blem lower compared to a non blem.
Great info... I wanna stay with a 5.56. Maybe I should get the on in the middle or the right since the one on the left looks like the one I have?
Thanks

should I get the one on the far right?
What is your purpose for the gun? Are you trying to duplicate what you have? Keep in mind ARs are completely modular. You can change stocks, grips, and triggers at will. You can also change the upper inexpensively and there are tons of pistol and rifle options. For example on the same lower you can have ("build" as some say):

20", or 18", 16", 14.5", 12.5", 10.5", 8.5" 556/.233 with a stock or brace

.556/.223 with a folding stock or brace using foxtrot Mike bufferless, brn-180 which allows u to shoot it when folded or law tactical/sylvan systems folding adapter which folds up to make small but can't shoot when folded.

Calibers you can have by simply swapping the upper:

300 blockout
.458 socom
.22 (w conversion mags)
.22 magnum (w conversion mags)
.224 valkyrie
7.63x39
6.5 grendel
.17 hmr

I would define your purpose for the gun and then create a gun to fit that purpose. Fe if one wanted a

CQB rifle:

10.5" or 12.5" .300BO or .223 with a red dot

Urban defense rifle and longer range:

.223/.555 14.5", 16", 18" (or whatever) with a Lpvo or scope

Truck gun that can fire when it's stock/brace is folded if needed plus CQB:

brn-180 10.5", foxtrot Mike at whatever smaller length desired. These bufferless complete uppers go on a standard lower.

Just some examples. I would start with your purpose/proposed use for the gun first otherwise you are sort of just adding things at random that may end up duplicating what your have (duplicating is fine if that's your intention).

Without going too far into the weeds, keep in mind that less than 16" barrel on original build means you need a brace (legal for the moment) not a stock (stock would not be legal on a pistol without a stamp). That's why the one on the far right comes with a brace (for a pistol build). The benefit of a pistol build is if built originally as a pistol you can change back and forth from a pistol to rifle and back to a pistol any time. If originally built as a rifle it cannot be converted to a pistol without a tax stamp (I.e. short barreled rifle (sbr)).

Some inexpensive (and HEAVY) uppers below. if it's a go to war gun spring for PWS or other high quality manufacturer

10.5" brn-180 just to show how small it can be (fires when folded if needed). Same size as mp5 when folded but .223/.556 caliber. Brn-180 upper is about $750 though. Foxtrot Mike bufferless can be found for $429.

Last Edited:
What is your purpose for the gun? Are you trying to duplicate what you have? Keep in mind ARs are completely modular. You can change stocks, grips, and triggers at will. You can also change the upper inexpensively and there are tons of pistol and rifle options. For example on the same lower you can have ("build" as some say):

20", or 18", 16", 14.5", 12.5", 10.5", 8.5" 556/.233 with a stock or brace

.556/.223 with a folding stock or brace using foxtrot Mike bufferless, brn-180 which allows u to shoot it when folded or law tactical/sylvan systems folding adapter which folds up to make small but can't shoot when folded.

Calibers you can have by simply swapping the upper:

300 blockout
.458 socom
.22 (w conversion mags)
.22 magnum (w conversion mags)
.224 valkyrie
7.63x39
6.5 grendel
.17 hmr

I would define your purpose for the gun and then create a gun to fit that purpose. Fe if one wanted a

CQB rifle:

10.5" or 12.5" .300BO or .223 with a red dot

Urban defense rifle and longer range:

.223/.555 14.5", 16", 18" (or whatever) with a Lpvo or scope

Truck gun that can fire when it's stock/brace is folded if needed:

brn-180 10.5", foxtrot Mike at whatever smaller length desired. These bufferless complete uppers go on a standard lower.

Just some examples. I would start with your purpose/proposed use for the gun first otherwise you are sort of just adding things at random that may end up duplicating what your have (duplicating is fine if that's your intention).

Without going too far into the weeds, keep in mind that less than 16" barrel on original build means you need a brace (legal for the moment) not a stock (stock would not be legal on a pistol without a stamp). That's why the one on the far right comes with a brace (for a pistol build). The benefit of a pistol build is if built originally as a pistol you can change back and forth from a pistol to rifle and back to a pistol any time. If originally built as a rifle it cannot be converted to a pistol without a tax stamp (I.e. short barreled rifle (sbr)).

Some inexpensive (and HEAVY) uppers below. if it's a go to war gun spring for PWS or other high quality manufacturer

10.5" brn-180 just to show how small it can be (fires when folded if needed). Same size as mp5 when folded but .223/.556 caliber. Brn-180 upper is about $750 though. Foxtrot Mike bufferless can be found for $429.

Hi,
Presently I have:
1-AR-15 5.56 16 inch
1-AR-15 22LR 16 inch
2- shotguns

The rest are pistols which I have a micro 9mm for concealed carry, 9mm compact hybrid "X" (long grip) and a 22LR for light target shooting. What I have as just a small arsenal but pretty much they all have a purpose.
Going back to the rifle:
I want something that I can build as shorter one like a pistol that I can also bring back to a rifle if I want to. I was thinking that if I can get the lower and since they have it on sale, and I know that PSA makes excellent rifles. Maybe I should get one before it hits the fan. What do you think?
That site you showed me to acquire the uppers looks like a good place to start. This time I wanna build one that I can customized like cerrakoted to start with.
BTW: I have lots of 9mm round. Like alot. I'm not sure if that's a good candidate for a long pistol or rifle in the futire.
Thank you for the help.

Hi,
Presently I have:
1-AR-15 5.56 16 inch
1-AR-15 22LR 16 inch
2- shotguns

The rest are pistols which I have a micro 9mm for concealed carry, 9mm compact hybrid "X" (long grip) and a 22LR for light target shooting. What I have as just a small arsenal but pretty much they all have a purpose.
Going back to the rifle:
I want something that I can build as shorter one like a pistol that I can also bring back to a rifle if I want to. I was thinking that if I can get the lower and since they have it on sale, and I know that PSA makes excellent rifles. Maybe I should get one before it hits the fan. What do you think?
That site you showed me to acquire the uppers looks like a good place to start. This time I wanna build one that I can customized like cerrakoted to start with.
BTW: I have lots of 9mm round. Like alot. I'm not sure if that's a good candidate for a long pistol or rifle in the futire.
Thank you for the help.
Since you are in OR I would not wait even 1 day due to measure 114 will shortly be decided by judge raschio (likely in favor of gun owners). Some days after that the OR Supreme Court will likely effectively reverse it. You don't want to buy ANY gun once the measure 114 permit process is in place Imo.

You can get a complete lower with brace like shown on the far right for a pistol "build". Or you can buy just a stripped lower and build whatever you want on that later. The stripped or complete lower is the registered part that needs a legal transfer. Many ffls have lots of stripped lowers in stock.

In terms of measure 114 the urgency is for the lower and magazines, not the upper or parts. Note that some skiddish vendors may cut off Oregon completely though once M114 is in effect (the pussies).

Last Edited:
Da*n.. I love that gun you showed me on that pick. I wanna buy this one one the right side now. Is that okay for now and get the rest later and should I'll send it over to Tigerpawn as FFL?

1700418922400.jpeg

SKU: 5165448150
UPC: 5165448150
MFR#: 5165447829
- Receiver is Machined from 7075-T6 Aluminum Forgings
- Hardcoat Anodizing: MIL-A-8625F, Type III, Class 2
- 7075 Receiver Extension
- Magpul Grip, Black
- SB Tactical SBA3 Adjustable Brace, Black
- Magpul Trigger Guard, Black
- Standard Carbine Buffer
- Enhanced Polished Trigger Group (EPT)
- Caliber: Multi
This complete Palmetto State Armory Pistol Lower with SB Tactical SBA3 Adjustable Brace is fully assembled and ready for your Pistol Upper!
- Magpul Grip, Black
UPC#: 005165448150

Something like this in Cerrakoted. I'll name her. "The Dancer." :s0091:
1700418775226.png

Da*n.. I love that gun you showed me on that pick. I wanna buy this one one the right side now. Is that okay for now and get the rest later and should I'll send it over to Tigerpawn as FFL?

View attachment 1765805

UPC: 5165448150
MFR#: 5165447829
- Magpul Grip, Black
This complete Palmetto State Armory Pistol Lower with SB Tactical SBA3 Adjustable Brace is fully assembled and ready for your Pistol Upper!
- Magpul Grip, Black
UPC#: 005165448150

Something like this in Cerrakoted. I'll name her. "The Dancer." :s0091:
View attachment 1765804
All good, except for that name! :p Don't forget to get any > 10 round mags you may want in the future cuz once m114 starts that window may be closed for years (hopefully not forever). Of course a scotus ruling for another state may cancel it (hopefully) it in the meantime but that's a complete unknown.

All good, except for that name! :p Don't forget to get any > 10 round mags you may want in the future cuz once m114 starts that window may be closed for years (hopefully not forever). Of course a scotus ruling for another state may cancel it (hopefully) it in the meantime but that's a complete unknown.
Oh for real? I never paid attention to the 10 rounder yet for I thought whatever you have originally (lets say you bought a 9mm pistol with 15 round), that should be okay as long as you dont buy anything over 10 after the 114 takes over. Anyways I'll get a few 10 rounder in case.

Oh for real? I never paid attention to the 10 rounder yet for I thought whatever you have originally (lets say you bought a 9mm pistol with 15 round), that should be okay as long as you dont buy anything over 10 after the 114 takes over. Anyways I'll get a few 10 rounder in case.
Rules are a bit complicated about carrying > 10 rounder "to the range" etc. but to simplify, M114 is going to kill all sales of mags over 10 rounds. So if you want 20,30,40/whatever round mags now is the time to buy them. I wouldn't worry about 10 rounders personally.

I no longer have any AKs (except 12 ga) but I bought some aK mags just in case I get another AK someday. It's a small cost. For any gun I have I have multiple backup mags. I remember the 94-2004 ban and for me it was hell not being able to get standard capacity mags for some guns. I won't go through that again personally.

Last Edited:
Rules are a bit complicated about carrying > 10 rounder "to the range" etc. but to simplify, M114 is going to kill all sales of mags over 10 rounds. So if you want 20,30,40/whatever round mags now is the time to buy them. I wouldn't worry about 10 rounders personally.

I no longer have any AKs (except 12 ga) but I bought some aK mags just in case I get another AK someday. It's a small cost. For any gun I have I have multiple backup mags. I remember the 94-2004 ban and for me it was hell not being able to get I standard capacity mags for some guns. I won't go through that again personally.
So far I have 5 - aluminum -30 round magazine. They fit "good". The onloy thing I dont like are the edges feels sharp. Not like my 2 magpul polymer magazine which they fit "excellent" .
This other one they have on the site and According to the review this is super heavy duty polymer and works really well.

1700422588015.jpeg

So far I have 5 - aluminum -30 round magazine. They fit "good". The onloy thing I dont like are the edges feels sharp. Not like my 2 magpul polymer magazine which they fit "excellent" .
This other one they have on the site and According to the review this is super heavy duty polymer and works really well.

View attachment 1765876
If it were me to have max reliability I would go with okay industries surefeed aluminum or magpul pmags. Everyone has different preferences and I'm not calling out any other mag as bad but those 2 have always been top choices by those who out crazy #s of rounds down range. Just my opinion and others may swear by other brands based on their experience which is fine with me cuz I probably have never even shot those.

If it were me to have max reliability I would go with okay industries surefeed aluminum or magpul pmags. Everyone has different preferences and I'm not calling out any other mag as bad but those 2 have always been top choices by those who out crazy #s of rounds down range. Just my opinion and others may swear by other brands based on their experience which is fine with me cuz I probably have never even shot those.
I went and check back my mags. It looks like its the 30 round alum youre talking about re-branded palmetto. My bad I have 7-30 round aluminum and 2-30 round magpul. Here is the picture of the one I have.

1700424333636.jpeg

1700424365194.jpeg

Got it...! Thanks.. Cant wait to mess with this new toy soon.

This is the design I drew using the lower PSA I ordered which is suppose to be here today. Basically I just want a short that's legal. I know how to airbrush and designs but I know nothing about Cerrakoating.
Gotta take Travolta off the machine gun handle. :s0064:

1701195774928.jpeg

This is the design I drew using the lower PSA I ordered which is suppose to be here today. Basically I just want a short that's legal. I know how to airbrush and designs but I know nothing about Cerrakoating.
Gotta take Travolta off the machine gun handle. :s0064:

View attachment 1771321
Keep in mind you can't put a vertical foregrip on a pistol unless it has a tax stamp (SBR). Angled foregrips are legal on a pistol.

This would work well with a JAKL, no buffer needed.

You could engineer a straight tube coming off the rear 1913 stock/brace attatchment point with a 90 degree surface for the buttstock, taking nearly all recoil strain off the chassis and running it straight to your shouolder from the receiver

I'm new to the AR15 besides I'm liking it how it fires. I'll take note and will let you know and get an advise when I proceed soon.
What is a JAKL with no buffer? :s0142:
the JAKL is a Palmetto State Armory AR15 variant, which runs with a piston instead of direct impingement. There's no need for a bugger tube since the recoil assembly is in the receiver, so on the back end there's a vertical section of picatinny rail where you can attach a brace or stock

bJ2z897l.jpg

the JAKL is a Palmetto State Armory AR15 variant, which runs with a piston instead of direct impingement. There's no need for a bugger tube since the recoil assembly is in the receiver, so on the back end there's a vertical section of picatinny rail where you can attach a brace or stock

View attachment 1771352
Wow. Looks nice! I like this one for it looks short with a buffer if that's correct?
I'm gonna look into it tomorrow night in PSA.
BTW. The lower just arrived. This is the first time I will get something from Tigard Pawn. I normally pickup close by in Newberg. However I want to meet the manager or owner. A woman. There are some few thing I wanna buy and I dont know if she'll be able to order new guns for me from dealers.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews