JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
One day is fine as long as the post is relevant. Why should there be a limit as to when someone can add a post to their thread?

And who is getting mad if people bump ads? Is it other people selling things? Then they need to bump their ads. They do not need to make laws making others behave how they think they should behave.

You say 1 day is fine.
What if someone said that was crazy. 1 bump per month is reasonable?

What is a relevant post? $10 price drop on $1000 gun? $100 price drop? What about $140.73 price drop?

Who knows what is fair?

If we change the rules every time someone has a tantrum, we will be going in circles.

The members reporting the posts for bump violations do not share the same classified attributes.
Some are even guys that bump early themselves.
Some are guys that just add the statement "BTT violation" to he report.
Some don't have items for sale at all in the classifieds (that I can find)

Any amount on a price drop is a good enough reason to ONLY change the original ad. I think price drop should be put on the title or original post.

Leave me alone cocktailer. :(:(:s0131::(:confused:

"meaning" no shark talk for today.

Okay here are my statistics;

I currently have 9 classified ads active, nearly $4000 of stuff for sale, which is probably one the highest amount of stuff being sold at once (other than maybe Playboy), do I feel the need to have my stuff at the top pages, no. My items still sell, I wait 7 days until I bump, and I make sure to try and leave a gap between each ad's bump so that I don't take up the whole first page.

I'm not in it for the money, I don't really care if the stuff sells asap, I mean it would be nice, but it's not the end of the world.

I don't see where the problem is, if we have a bump rule, someone will complain about it, if we don't have a rule, then someone will complain about it. By just having a forum, someone will complain about it. We cannot make everyone happy, especially with over 4000 opinions here, we just try things that we think will work, and if we (the staff) agree that they don't work, then we try something else.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, and if you have a problem, send a staff member a friendly PM, we all get tons of PMs per day, so response time sometimes sucks, and to be honest, sometimes I read a PM and honestly just forget to reply. There is no need to complain about it openly, all that does is cause arguments, make members mad at each other, and such.

I rarely participate in forum discussions but this one I feel I need to stick my .02 in. First, this forum is a FREE forum which most of us freely utilize. Most of the posters who have been around a while have benifited in some way or another ie. sales or new aquisitions. Not that I'm an experienced forum surfer because I'm not, but the rules seem fairly well written and executed. I myself received an infraction when I first signed up because I hadn't read all the rules. I blame no one but myself. People complain about posters who are always on page 1, ie. pbp. The guy has a lot of items for sale, so what. He's doing what the rest of us are doing. I enjoy my time on this site, making new friends, learning new info and selling/trading. I just wanted to comment.

I'm not in it for the money, I don't really care if the stuff sells asap, I mean it would be nice, but it's not the end of the world.

I don't see where the problem is, if we have a bump rule, someone will complain about it, if we don't have a rule, then someone will complain about it. By just having a forum, someone will complain about it. We cannot make everyone happy, especially with over 4000 opinions here, we just try things that we think will work, and if we (the staff) agree that they don't work, then we try something else.
I am the same way. I am not pressured to sell my stuff. I simply list things and when they sel lI buy something else. pretty much like you do.

If people are going to complain either way, why would we choose to go the route of restrictions and infringement? Why would we not chose the route of freedom and communal policing? If people are going to complain either way I would rather have them complaining that some people are out of hand and not that the board as a whole is too restrictive...especially when we are a forum that is dedicated to protecting personal freedoms. It is kind of counter to our mission. Do as I say and not as I do kind of stuff.

One last thing, the pages would be alot cleaner, less bumping, if people just pm'd each other and settled business off the pages. That may settle alot of complaining about bumping.

I am the same way. I am not pressured to sell my stuff. I simply list things and when they sel lI buy something else. pretty much like you do.

If people are going to complain either way, why would we choose to go the route of restrictions and infringement? Why would we not chose the route of freedom and communal policing? If people are going to complain either way I would rather have them complaining that some people are out of hand and not that the board as a whole is too restrictive...especially when we are a forum that is dedicated to protecting personal freedoms. It is kind of counter to our mission. Do as I say and not as I do kind of stuff.

It is this way to make the majority happy.
It seems to be working great.

Why should the few members that want to own page 1 get their way and the 4500 other members suffer?

Freedom to bump other peoples Ad's to page 8? Which amendment is that?

One last thing, the pages would be alot cleaner, less bumping, if people just pm'd each other and settled business off the pages. That may settle alot of complaining about bumping.

It used to be that way. Only the OP could reply to their own ad.

It was veeeeeery clean that way and easy to administrate.

Some members didn't like it though, so we changed it and it quadrupled the work load for the mods.

Why should the few members that want to own page 1 get their way and the 4500 other members suffer?

Who is this "majority" and how does anyone know they are happy? Is it a true majority or just a very loud few? Do they even make use of the classifieds? Last time I looked it is a very small percentage of the members that ever even post there.

Don't people often make the argument that removing firearms from the population makes the majority of people feel much safer? Some things are not about simple majority.

Who is this "majority" and how does anyone know they are happy? Is it a true majority or just a very loud few? Do they even make use of the classifieds? Last time I looked it is a very small percentage of the members that ever even post there.

Don't people often make the argument that removing firearms from the population makes the majority of people feel much safer?

The amount of people complaining about the past free for all bump system was greater than the amount of people complaining about the 7 day rule.

Eureka! I have the solution!

A new "shark tank" AD classification open to everyone that anyone can bump until the cows come home! :p Only modded for language or fraud.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top