JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
EXACTLY!!!!!!!

I made a posting in this same forum (the question, comments, ideas...) called "pros" talking about this very same thing.

Im had more issues then this one thing, I dident want to thread-jack your post infact if nothing happens to the classifieds and they stay the same, I dont care, I just thought I would bring it up.

Iansstud I received your trust document it is a good one! I am now in search of a good place to host it so we can link to a download without having to sign up.

If anyone knows of a good host site please speak up as I am now in search of one! It's a 45.5k Doc file and it scans clean.

Iansstud I received your trust document it is a good one! I am now in search of a good place to host it so we can link to a download without having to sign up.

If anyone knows of a good host site please speak up as I am now in search of one! It's a 45.5k Doc file and it scans clean.

I'm willing to host it. email it to me and I'll throw it up.

It sucks to lose people. I do not Joey is very busy so I cannot say that you should get too upset if he does not reply but I do agree with you about the policing of the classifieds. There is no need for it and it has chased off so many people. I belong to a lot of forums, many of them collectors forums, and they get by just fine without the harsh restrictions in their classifieds. Most people do a word search in the classifieds if they are looking for something anyway. All they do is make the classified section not show up in daily "new post" searches.

I do agree with you about the policing of the classifieds. There is no need for it and it has chased off so many people. I belong to a lot of forums, many of them collectors forums, and they get by just fine without the harsh restrictions in their classifieds. Most people do a word search in the classifieds if they are looking for something anyway. All they do is make the classified section not show up in daily "new post" searches.

there are alot of folks here that think so! we should start a petition to have it changed!

It sucks to lose people. I do not Joey is very busy so I cannot say that you should get too upset if he does not reply but I do agree with you about the policing of the classifieds. There is no need for it and it has chased off so many people. I belong to a lot of forums, many of them collectors forums, and they get by just fine without the harsh restrictions in their classifieds. Most people do a word search in the classifieds if they are looking for something anyway. All they do is make the classified section not show up in daily "new post" searches.

Just so everyone knows there has been zero bump warnings and one bump infraction given since the 20th and that has since been reversed. The system seems to be working to me.

I do respect the 7 day rule.......But 8 pages down is 2 far for my liking. Nobody sees my ad......Why? Because I personally wouldnt look 8 pages down for a gun. If a random bunch of people post. Your ad could be over 10 pages down. At 10 pages you should be able to bump. I call it the 10 page bump.

I do respect the 7 day rule.......But 8 pages down is 2 far for my liking. Nobody sees my ad......Why? Because I personally wouldnt look 8 pages down for a gun. If a random bunch of people post. Your ad could be over 10 pages down. At 10 pages you should be able to bump. I call it the 10 page bump.
So the solution is to bump someone else to page 8?

Just so everyone knows there has been zero bump warnings and one bump infraction given since the 20th and that has since been reversed. The system seems to be working to me.
The system is "working" (and by working I mean no infractions are being given) because it has been mechanically limited to where people cannot add info even if it is relevant other than to alter the original post which garners no attention. The system is not working because people are still getting ticked off about how draconian the whole ordeal has become. It is in no way an effective advertisement forum. Like I said, IU belong to many collectors forums and this classified section is a monster made by egos and ideas that were not needed in the first place.

I have to be honest here. When I look at guns I only glance the first 2 pages. I can't go through pages and pages. I just want to see whats new and quickly. I hate seeing the same ads everyday on the front page.

Scott

The system is "working" (and by working I mean no infractions are being given) because it has been mechanically limited to where people cannot ad info even if it is relevant. The system is not working because people are still getting ticked off about how draconian the whole ordeal has become.

You have no idea how many people have thanked me privately about cleaning up the system. You say draconian I say equality.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top