JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ive been a member here for about 9mo now, I have learned alot of information, and shared alot of information. I feel like I contribute alot when I can and was all about this forum untill about 2 months ago.

I have had no luck trying to contact joey link the last 3 times. 2 times were questions and one time asking if he would post a word doc for me. I have never had a single reply. My FFL gave me a Trust he has all of his class 3 customers fill out and use. You just fill in your name, get it notorized and mail it with the form4. He gave me the ok to post it here. This forum will only allow 19kbs when posting word doc's and this is 49kbs. I ended up posting for people to PM me and I would email it to them I have emailed 7 copies now, and STILL think it would be nice if it could be posted and made into a stickey.

I also pm'ed physicsguy 2 times about getting some business cards for me to hand out, also with no reply or response... I even posted that I had pm'ed and he replyed saying sorry, but still no pm reply! here

my next gripe is with vendors! This is the ONLY forum that gives vendors soo much control over everything! Not only do they have there own section but they also have freedom to post in the non-vendor classifieds as well. I understand that the money they give goes to running this forum, and they should have thier own section! but should not be able to post in the classifieds. No offence to cocktailer as he seems like a cool guy, I dont know how many others there are, but I also dont think that vendors should be able to be moderators!

Also, there are lots of other forums that allow you to bump as much as you want in the classifieds. If this dumb rule was lifted It might get "crazy" for the first week, but then things would work out. I just cant belive I got a infraction for posting 6 days later to update my add. Not a warning or anything, just an infraction. Is this that big of a deal?

I would love nothing more then to be able to get more involved here, I feel that The northwest has needed a forum like this for some time. I guess I just feel like the small fish in the ocean on here and I keep getting stepped on. I would have just PM'ed Joey Link again, but... I thought I might actually get a reply if I posted for everyone to seel.

This forum will only allow 19kbs when posting word doc's and this is 49kbs. I ended up posting for people to PM me and I would email it to them I have emailed 7 copies now, and STILL think it would be nice if it could be posted and made into a stickey.

Host it elsewhere and post a link. Easy enough.

my next gripe is with vendors! This is the ONLY forum that gives vendors soo much control over everything! Not only do they have there own section but they also have freedom to post in the non-vendor classifieds as well. I understand that the money they give goes to running this forum, and they should have thier own section, but should not be able to post in the classifieds.

Good point. If there are any mods who wouldn't mind explaining this, that would be much appreciated.

Since they are mods, they do what they want. I also think mods should keep all classifieds in their own sections. Sometimes you put up 4 at a time. Knocking everyone else's down. It would be way easier to get items sold if LOCKED ITEMS WERE DELETED. MODS POSTED IN THEIR OWN SECTIONS.

Iansstud let me start by asking you to stay and give me a chance to work on some of your concerns, I would also ad that I try to answer every PM sent to me so feel free to PM me.

Joey has started a new job recently that is why he has had very little time to spend on the forum. Unfortunately I don't have the controls to post your document but there are many way to tackle that and I have a few ideas please PM me and I think we can work this out.

As for the vendors, just so you know the vendors only mod their own personal section of their vendor forum. In the general classified forum the Vendors are subject to the same bump rules that all members, paid members and mods must observe.

As for your infraction you said you bumped your Ad at 6 days so you earned it didn't you?

Since they are mods, they do what they want. I also think mods should keep all classifieds in their own sections. Sometimes you put up 4 at a time. Knocking everyone else's down. It would be way easier to get items sold if LOCKED ITEMS WERE DELETED. MODS POSTED IN THEIR OWN SECTIONS.

Unfortunately just because an item is sold doesn't mean the deal is completed and the thread needs to be kept as a record in case thing go side ways.

Mods don't have an AD section so I'm not really clear you what your asking us to do?

Iansstud let me start by asking you to stay and give me a chance to work on some of your concerns, I would also ad that I try to answer every PM sent to me so feel free to PM me.

Joey has started a new job recently that is why he has had very little time to spend on the forum. Unfortunately I don't have the controls to post your document but there are many way to tackle that and I have a few ideas please PM me and I think we can work this out.

As for the vendors, just so you know the vendors only mod their own personal section of their vendor forum. In the general classified forum the Vendors are subject to the same bump rules that all members, paid members and mods must observe.

As for your infraction you said you bumped your Ad at 6 days so you earned it didn't you?

I will Pm you later today, thanks. It is just disappointing when there is no reply after no reply...

And for the infraction, I feel that a warning is due before an infraction.. o'well its over now, and I know the rules better now.

I will probably stay, however my participation will most likely be less. thanks for the relpy.

OFF TOPIC, but eversince I posted that AGE QUESTION. I've been getting freaking hate mail like crazy. Since what I do is LEGAL, Should I report these people? It also makes me want to leave, if I am not respected.

And you shouldn't post 7 ads for the same handgun.

You are the last person on this site that should be giving advice on how things are done.

I honestly don't understand why any one would complain about a free to use local gun board :huh:

This is a great board and its local, i don't think you find a better local one

I honestly don't understand why any one would complain about a free to use local gun board :huh:

This is a great board and its local, i don't think you find a better local one

EXACTLY!!!!!!!

I made a posting in this same forum (the question, comments, ideas...) called "pros" talking about this very same thing.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top